CHICAGOPAUL - LIVE on the Celebrity Apex! January 15th

chicagopaul

3 hours ago, kirtihk said:

I would rather stay home if not socializing on the ship - that's a immense part of cruising.

Seeing the numbers now on the constellation, 500ish has me super excited. I go on a cruise to not talk to people and to flat out relax and put m brain in cruise control, so all these restrictions work in my favor. Guessing there is a good mix of people onboard at all times. Same with the Apex, as I am now bummed we missed our December cruise.

Edited by cgolf1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, cgolf1 said:

Seeing the numbers now on the constellation, 500ish has me super excited. I go on a cruise to not talk to people and to flat out relax and put m brain in cruise control, so all these restrictions work in my favor. Guessing there is a good mix of people onboard at all times. Same with the Apex, as I am now bummed we missed our December cruise.

Yes, we are all different.  I simply cannot accept an "option" to become a misanthrope (on the cruise and anywhere else).

Chicagopaul, do you know what deck they have blocked off for quarantine?  Someone reported it was deck 6.  Yesterday my cabin was changed from deck 7 to deck 6 aft section, port side.  Have you heard of number of pax sailing this Saturday? Thanks 

So happy to be following you on this journey as we missed you live reviews as they are always so informative,interesting and well written.

We will be on Apex in April so this will be interesting reading for my BF and I.

Thanks for you work.

Sea ya

Eric

Chicagopaul , really enjoying your photos/ review here and on Instagram. Thanks so much... we're booked on the Apex in April and cannot wait! A question for you though... my husband uses a wheelchair and we chose Apex bc the ship is so accessible... it's really perfect for those with mobility issues . One thing i'm wondering about though - does it have a pool lift? And if yes, in the solarium or outdoor pool? He loves to swim, so i'm really hoping so. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Skells said:

Chicagopaul , really enjoying your photos/ review here and on Instagram. Thanks so much... we're booked on the Apex in April and cannot wait! A question for you though... my husband uses a wheelchair and we chose Apex bc the ship is so accessible... it's really perfect for those with mobility issues . One thing i'm wondering about though - does it have a pool lift? And if yes, in the solarium or outdoor pool? He loves to swim, so i'm really hoping so. Thanks!

I know Chicagopaul will respond, but maybe I can save him a moment . . . There is a pool lift in the solarium.

6BB7C79F-DDF6-4B52-984C-90CB2CAFF6FA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It would appear that he is doing most of his posting on Instagram.  I don't do Instagram, so I guess I won't be hearing much about his cruise.

Same here ..

We were excited at first but a bit disappointed.....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hcat said:

Same here ..

I just caught his latest Instagram post of a very full outdoor pool he was in.  Made me feel a little unsafe but this many days into sailing if there's been virtually no spread all may be okay.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

I just caught his latest Instagram post of a very full outdoor pool he was in.  Made me feel a little unsafe but this many days into sailing if there's been virtually no spread all may be okay.

Wow, just saw that, very busy !!

42 minutes ago, cwaj45 said:

How do you find him on instagram?

Thanks

I think it is in his first post and possibly his signature

Just search   paulblackburn    I don't believe you even need to join... maybe you do

For those that don't use Instagram it is written -everything is just pictures and videos, with maybe a flyover word or two on the picture or movie.

One thing I don't like about instagram is that once I see a photo of video it just disappears.  Maybe I just don't not how to see it again.

Edited by Jim_Iain

13 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think it is in his first post and possibly his signature

Just search   paulblackburn    I don't believe you even need to join... maybe you do

For those that don't use Instagram it is written -everything is just pictures and videos, with maybe a flyover word or two on the picture or movie.

One thing I don't like about instagram is that once I see a photo of video it just disappears.  Maybe I just don't not how to see it again.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Those are Instagram stories. I depends on how someone posts videos or photos. If you post it as a story it disappears.  If it's on the person's profile page you can see photos and videos as many times as you like.  My Instagram page is @Phillyasianguy

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Those are Instagram stories. I depends on how someone posts videos or photos. If you post it as a story it disappears.  If it's on the person's profile page you can see photos and videos as many times as you like.  My Instagram page is @Phillyasianguy

That explains it.    If I click on his name I see all his posts but the Stories do indeed vanish.   I did find if I click on one story it shows 2-3 other ones.    In searching I found you can also send a Instagram message that self destructs after a certain amount of time.

Surprise - Surprise --   our instagram account is Jim_Iain     I often use it as I have it setup to also post to my Facebook account.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It would appear that he is doing most of his posting on Instagram.  I don't do Instagram, so I guess I won't be hearing much about his cruise.

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Same here ..

Same here! 

• Like 1

I think people are forgetting the TREMENDOUS TIME AND ENERGY it takes to make posts here on CC during what's supposed to be your vacation. 

I spend literally hours each day reading and contributing info here on CC because I enjoy doing it. Having said that I myself didn't do a trip report for my Dec. 11th Apex cruise for no other reason than I didn't feel like doing it, despite being on here every day. So give the guy some slack!

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1