Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I quite like Odyssey.  I think Oasis class still wins if travelling with the kids but if it were just Vikki and I then I would be choosing based on itinerary vs the ship where we usually sail based on the ship

Guess I'll have to wait until one comes up to PC or wait until you pick me up on the way down😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Guess I'll have to wait until one comes up to PC or wait until you pick me up on the way down😇

The only Q class we currently have scheduled is Ovation for Alaska this summer.  I'm hoping that there is a nice 8 day southern over Christmas 2023 or March break 2024 that I can book. 

I'm also hoping the rumours of Icon class in PC are true

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Could someone tell me if there a lot of gluten free choices on board?  

Also, how the mask and social distance protocols are followed?  If possible?

TIA

I was onboard in November and there were plenty of choices at Windjammer, everything was labeled for vegetarian, gluten free, vegan, etc. there was a section of gluten free desserts too. I am not GF and not sure about dining room option, I would assume yes as most cruise lines now offer options. Let your servers know. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jonj said:

I was onboard in November and there were plenty of choices at Windjammer, everything was labeled for vegetarian, gluten free, vegan, etc. there was a section of gluten free desserts too. I am not GF and not sure about dining room option, I would assume yes as most cruise lines now offer options. Let your servers know. 

Thank you so much!

Bon Voyage, John and LaLa!!  Looking forward to photos and details.

FWIW, we've sailed on both Quantum (1x) and Anthem (3x) out of NJ.  It's more convenient for us to drive the 4 hours. than deal with flying (especially these days).  After our last Anthem cruise this past November, we're definitely ready for something different.  Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful ship (love Two70ºand the Solarium) and service was great.  Looking forward to Harmoney (April) and then back to Oasis (July).  Do love that class!  Would love to sail on Odyssey in the future.  So many cruises/ships, so little time and money!!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe Walgreens rapid is called ID Now

Different Walgreens have different tests, some offer the rapid antigen (usually get results in an hour & the PCR(2-3 days) , others offer the ID NOW which is an NAAT which is rapid PCR (results in 24 hrs or less.

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests and we accept either one: 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test
  • Thanks 2

May I ask if you received confirmation of your dinner reservations from Mohamed? I emailed him our preferences last eeek. He acknowledged them but don’t see them on the app yet and not sure if we should handle it once they let us on. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Safe travels to Ft. Lauderdale this morning John, and everyone else cruising today!

We are leaving for the 3 hour drive in about a half hour.  Need to load the overpacked bags into the SUV, fill up the coffee mugs...and we are off.  🙂 

Supposed to get down in the high 20s tonight here at home tonight....hard freeze!!  😮 

Please give John a big huge then tell him it’s from me.  ☺️ 

You and Bucky have a great cruise and a safe trip to the port.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jonj said:

May I ask if you received confirmation of your dinner reservations from Mohamed? I emailed him our preferences last eeek. He acknowledged them but don’t see them on the app yet and not sure if we should handle it once they let us on. 

We don't see them either. Maybe once we board and get ships wifi on the app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

There are gluten free choices on board but I'll defer to someone with that diet to comment.

As far as mask and social distance - for the last two weeks I've sailed Odyssey with the "enhanced"  mask protocols.  For the most part the mask protocols are being followed and enforced.  That includes wearing masks in the theaters.  In bars and restaurants it's more like the old mask policies where they are worn until seated.  Some people stay masked until a drink has been served, others lose the mask once seated - in the bars and restaurants.  During entertainment events most are masked and following protocols.

Social distancing is more variable.  Some guests respect the distance policies, some ignore them.  With six in an elevator it was common for a seventh or eighth to squeeze in.  In queues many people seem to forget to distance but some do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Safe travels to Ft. Lauderdale this morning John, and everyone else cruising today!

We are leaving for the 3 hour drive in about a half hour.  Need to load the overpacked bags into the SUV, fill up the coffee mugs...and we are off.  🙂 

Supposed to get down in the high 20s tonight here at home tonight....hard freeze!!  😮 

Have a wonderful cruise!!

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

TIA

It's always good to speak to the matre d or whatever the dining room "boss" is called for advice on specific food needs.  I did that for low salt in the MDR and was able to order my dinner the night before for each following night.  I was given the menu for the following night and was advised on what can be made low sodium.  When I was in the WJ, I asked about low sodium.  I was asked what foods I like, was told to have a seat and a waiter brought over two heaping plates of low sodium food.  Very much appreciated.

I know they can do the same for gluten free.

Edited by BonTexasNY

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

There are gluten free choices on board but I'll defer to someone with that diet to comment.

As far as mask and social distance - for the last two weeks I've sailed Odyssey with the "enhanced"  mask protocols.  For the most part the mask protocols are being followed and enforced.  That includes wearing masks in the theaters.  In bars and restaurants it's more like the old mask policies where they are worn until seated.  Some people stay masked until a drink has been served, others lose the mask once seated - in the bars and restaurants.  During entertainment events most are masked and following protocols.

Social distancing is more variable.  Some guests respect the distance policies, some ignore them.  With six in an elevator it was common for a seventh or eighth to squeeze in.  In queues many people seem to forget to distance but some do.

Thanks so much!  Appreciate it.

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have a wonderful cruise!!

It's always good to speak to the matre d or whatever the dining room "boss" is called for advice on specific food needs.  I did that for low salt in the MDR and was able to order my dinner the night before for each following night.  I was given the menu for the following night and was advised on what can be made low sodium.  When I was in the WJ, I asked about low sodium.  I was asked what foods I like, was told to have a seat and a waiter brought over two heaping plates of low sodium food.  Very much appreciated.

I know they can do the same for gluten free.

Thank you for the reply!

• Like 1