Live on Odyssey - January 29, 2022 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean 🚢

John&LaLa

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apparently my better half isnt much of a cinematographer 🤣🤣

Nothing came out. I'll do it again later

Are you sure that video didn’t get “accidentally “ deleted? 😂🤣

I’m enjoying following along on your cruise. Thanks for sharing. 

• Haha 1

Hi John, 

Did you have a chance to get the Specialty Restaurant prices onboard? Enjoying your review, thanks for doing it and posting pictures. We are booked March 20, but our direct flights just got cancelled, so now have to search flights...again, oh well, still going on a cruise 🙂

1 hour ago, Bronx12 said:

Hi John, 

Did you have a chance to get the Specialty Restaurant prices onboard? Enjoying your review, thanks for doing it and posting pictures. We are booked March 20, but our direct flights just got cancelled, so now have to search flights...again, oh well, still going on a cruise 🙂

I know Teppanyaki is $45.99.  I think Chops was $54.98 and I think Giovanni's was $29.  These prices include the service charge.

Once you have them reserved it's difficult to see the rate and I used BOGOs so my cruise statement isn't helping me figure it out.  

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I know Teppanyaki is $45.99.  I think Chops was $54.98 and I think Giovanni's was $29.  These prices include the service charge.

Once you have them reserved it's difficult to see the rate and I used BOGOs so my cruise statement isn't helping me figure it out.  

Thanks for replying, we just turned Diamond Plus and wanted a fare comparison between onboard and the Cruise Planner pricing regarding BOGO 🙂

38 minutes ago, Bronx12 said:

Thanks for replying, we just turned Diamond Plus and wanted a fare comparison between onboard and the Cruise Planner pricing regarding BOGO 🙂

If using BOGO they really want you to use it on nights one and two only.  

I had booked Coastal Kitchen for night one (filet night) and wanted to use my BOGO for nights two and three.  This met some resistance and was difficult to execute.  The benefit of cruising frequently is getting to know the right people who can assist with getting it done.  It was clear all the restaurant staff had the same consistent message - BOGO is nights one & two only.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, John&LaLa said:

We will be staying in one of the two Owners Suites, so that's a big plus

20220118_215745.thumb.jpg.c3b4bc49e1bb34be5a53ad49dcb8ec68.jpg

Great location near the aft elevators

Screenshot_20220118-214010_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f8d052f9ad66d8a4879168ac6af7fa76.jpg

541 sqft should be enough room for both of us. Nice balcony as well

Screenshot_20220118-215305_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f44aa8c78bb89f9efcaf1d2ccfabae50.jpg

Got an early check in as well. Early bird gets the worm

Screenshot_20220127-152807_Royal.thumb.jpg.207059b0471ebd74b1cae6697ea394da.jpg

3 hours ago, Bronx12 said:

Hi John, 

No list of restaurants yet, thanks for reminder

• Like 1

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Suite Lounge had 10 people between 4:30 and 5:30. Felt bad for staff

Oh wow...DL was packed, and not really that inviting looking.  Started overflowing into the other side of Music Hall.   

Loved the Pinnie event on the one end of Music Hall we ventured into at 5pm.   Your friends were in there as well.  

We had reservations for Chops at 5:30, so we only stayed until then.  Really nice set up!  🙂 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, the Jammer looked awesome tonight.

We walked through after dinner

I was just up there checking it out, grabbing a smoothie while "Mr. Snores a lot" was still sleeping.  

Indeed it is really nice!  One of the best layouts I have ever seen in a WJ...and selections were great!

• Like 2

Dinner last night was very tasty, filet night😁

Passed on the pork belly, will try it on day 8

Got salmon instead.

20220129_202130.thumb.jpg.80a162a9c0d4332ee2fbfe65b25a5e4e.jpg

The star, but with broccoli rob

20220129_202120.thumb.jpg.d5cc1d352444822d01fa73ec3d7eef71.jpg

Laura's with the regular asparagus, perfect med rare

20220129_202110.thumb.jpg.3767b6dc441589722c45c2f36aade0d0.jpg

Don't forget to ask for more mashed potatoes

20220129_202040.thumb.jpg.f74f6f5c6641e844803225b79e3b7b3c.jpg

Finish with some pie

20220129_202029.thumb.jpg.ddc254184fbab405601d106504613e29.jpg

• Like 19

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I was just up there checking it out, grabbing a smoothie while "Mr. Snores a lot" was still sleeping.  

Indeed it is really nice!  One of the best layouts I have ever seen in a WJ...and selections were great!

Might go there for stir fry tonight

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is what they get for kicking out D+. If only M8 were here.

Pinnacle not in a suite (I am in a JS4) are kicked out as well...errr...at least I think they are...haven't tried the door.   

We really enjoyed the "event" in Music Hall.  Will be our "go to" this cruise, but want to check out the other lounges.  Was disappointed that 270 bar does not open until after 6 pm.  😞 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I'm still waiting for the Odyssey block they said would be mailed to me.

I am waiting on two from Harmony...and the "other one" as well.  Was told by LA they are taking 5-6 months to get to us.  China back up.  😵

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am waiting on two from Harmony...and the "other one" as well.  Was told by LA they are taking 5-6 months to get to us.  China back up.  😵

Was told 6-8 weeks for the one we are waiting on from Oasis this month.  Maybe the timeframe varies by ship???

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Was told 6-8 weeks for the one we are waiting on from Oasis this month.  Maybe the timeframe varies by ship???

Was told they ended their contract with original vendor when they thought they were done with blocks.  After Michael relented and reversed course that vendor declined, or was no longer in business, or something to that effect, so they started hunting for a new vendor.

However it came about, the original source is no longer available so they are trying to find a new source and go through the motions of establishing a new pipeline of blocks.  As ships run out and the warehouse depletes any existing inventory it will start occuring fleet wide until a new source has started manufacturing and shipping them.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I would like to thank you and Laura for the live thread. It is making life feel "normal"  

Now for your old fashions. I am a burbon girl, like em neat. I do not like bullet. But since you had a variety of different burbons and a rye in your old fashions, did you have a favorite??

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

Was told they ended their contract with original vendor when they thought they were done with blocks.  After Michael relented and reversed course that vendor declined, or was no longer in business, or something to that effect, so they started hunting for a new vendor.

However it came about, the original source is no longer available so they are trying to find a new source and go through the motions of establishing a new pipeline of blocks.  As ships run out and the warehouse depletes any existing inventory it will start occuring fleet wide until a new source has started manufacturing and shipping them.   

I Wonder if they had a temporary vendor do the ugly Symphony block

• Like 1