First time with Princess Plus

geoherb

My cruise next week will be my first time with Princess Plus. Will they let me order an alcoholic drink and nonalcoholic one at the same time? I'm thinking that it would be nice to drink Perrier with a meal and also have a glass of wine.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, geoherb said:

My cruise next week will be my first time with Princess Plus. Will they let me order an alcoholic drink and nonalcoholic one at the same time? I'm thinking that it would be nice to drink Perrier with a meal and also have a glass of wine.

No problem with your order.  On our recent Majestic cruises, we regularly ordered a bottle of water with our wine in Vines.

• Like 1

I never thought about it but from what I've been reading, people have been ordering 2 alcoholic drinks at a time charged to their individual account delivered to their cabin. 

I see not problem with ordering a non alcoholic drink & an alcoholic drink at the same time. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:22 PM, RNRcruisers said:

No problem. I often ordered a glass of wine and also a glass of Coke or two for hubby to the room.

Can you order a mimosa on disembarkation day? Not driving and I'd like to get some sleep on the plane.😀

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, crawford said:

Can you order a mimosa on disembarkation day? Not driving and I'd like to get some sleep on the plane.😀

Absolutely and that is just what we did in December when disembarking the Enchanted Princess.  We were not leaving the ship until about 9:30 so hung-out in the Atrium near the International Cafe.  The adjacent bar was open so we took advantage of the opportunity to get a mimosa (for DW) and a bloody mary (for me).  Your package does work until you actually disembark the vessel.

Hank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, crawford said:

When they have the small bottles of Korbel I like to get a couple and stash them in the refrigerator. Then when we go to the disembarkation lounge they "usually" have OJ and I make us each a couple of mimosas while we wait our turn to disembark.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, crawford said:

Haha we actually joked about that. We had breakfast in the DR before disembarking. Now that I know we can I think I'll do it next cruise.

For those experienced with Princess Plus, it it more difficult to get drinks delivered to your room (from a time perspective)? Do you think it is an extra burden on the crew to do so? We're not planning to hang out in public areas a lot on our upcoming cruise. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, crawford said:

For those experienced with Princess Plus, it it more difficult to get drinks delivered to your room (from a time perspective)? Do you think it is an extra burden on the crew to do so? We're not planning to hang out in public areas a lot on our upcoming cruise. Thanks.

I heard it was quick service but we've never used room service before either. 

They've almost forced it upon the passengers to order using the medallions for all deliveries. I guess we'll find out just how fast it is next cruise. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crawford said:

We ordered drinks to our cabin a few times on our last cruise. Took between 10 and 20 minutes.

We felt no guilt  - why should we? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

We ordered drinks to our cabin a few times on our last cruise. Took between 10 and 20 minutes.

We felt no guilt  - why should we? 

You shouldn't. Was just thinking about all the steps to go to a stateroom for the servers.

6 hours ago, crawford said:

We ordered drinks to our room several times. It was quick and easy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure it's goin to always work for me if there are special instruction, such as a margarita with no salt on the glass.

I don't think they have any place for special requests. 

Just take a wet paper towel and wipe it around the rim. There is always a way. 😊

33 minutes ago, CruzDayz said:

Just take a wet paper towel and wipe it around the rim. There is always a way. 😊

If it begins to sweat the salt melts & gets into the drink. 

I'd rather get it myself from the bar thank you. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I'm not sure it's goin to always work for me if there are special instruction, such as a margarita with no salt on the glass.

I don't think they have any place for special requests. 

I like the 24K Gold Margarita. I want it served in a "rocks glass" with no salt. I won't count on that happening with a drink delivered to the cabin.

I have to wonder how many delivered drinks have a small "taste" taken out of them on the way to the cabin...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Thrak said:

When they have the small bottles of Korbel I like to get a couple and stash them in the refrigerator. Then when we go to the disembarkation lounge they "usually" have OJ and I make us each a couple of mimosas while we wait our turn to disembark.

They had nothing but coffee in the French restaurant(which was our disembarkation lounge on the Sky in early January). No juice, danish, etc.

Edited by suzyed