Do any E class Aqua cabins have the regular old "real" balconies?

chamima

We usually sail in Aqua, mostly because we like the smaller, quieter dining room.

We also enjoy time spent on our balcony and so have been reluctant to try E class because the new Infinite balcony doesn't appeal at all.

I've read several recent reviews of E class and some of the new outdoor areas look inviting so we're thinking of trying a cruise on one of them.

So I'm asking if there are any Aqua cabins with what I call real balconies.

Please don't even try to convince us how wonderful the Infinite balconies are - that just isn't going to happen.

Thanks!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No.  The only traditional balconies are in suites and the Sunset Verandas.  There are some Port Hole  verandas.  You might want to search for photos, you can sit out side on those .

Thanks 😢

Agreed. E-Class ships are now my favorite cruiseship and having been in three different IV cabins which I loved they ARE NOT Verandas by any stretch of the Imagination. It's a Oceanview with a Panoramic window that opens. On our Halloween Edge cruise we enjoyed having the window open several nights while we slept (We enjoy the room warmer than cooler) so that's certainly possible as long as you're aware it's not going to be cool. 

Edited by kwokpot

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Agreed. E-Class ships are now my favorite cruiseship and having been in three different IV cabins which I loved they ARE NOT Verandas by any stretch of the Imagination. It's a Oceanview with a Panoramic window that opens. On our Halloween Edge cruise we enjoyed having the window open several nights while we slept (We enjoy the room warmer than cooler) so that's certainly possible as long as you're aware it's not going to be cool. 

Somebody mentioned today that, and this is not original, if those are Verandahs then my house has 22 verandas.   🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟

Oddly, you never see a real estate ad touting the number of “infinite verandas” a house has 🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟🪟

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I just opened the window in my dining room, and for some reason it doesn’t feel at all like I have gone out onto a veranda🤪

Now I know you're pulling my leg, because my dining room doesn't have windows.  🙂

Hi!  As others have stated, no.  AquaClass cabins are all Infinite Verandas...except for Aqua Sky Suites that are starting to make their debut.   I have not been fond of the idea of the E-class ships, especially those infinite verandas.  I almost convinced myself to try one when I decided I wanted to try the Beyond.   I watched so many videos and looked at so many pictures.   It just is not a balcony that I am used to on a ship.  I love sitting out there, standing out there, walking from one balcony to the next (my family & friends balcony dividers, we get opened).  There is so much debate.  People love them.  People hate them.  People don't want to try to see.  

I too enjoy Blu and almost convinced myself to book AquaClass on Beyond but that pesky infinite veranda stopped me and convinced me to book a Sky Suite. 😉    

🍹

• Like 1

We tried a couple of the MDRs when we were AQ in the Edge and enjoyed them a lot.  Decided we would not pay for AQ on a E class, no balcony and the MDRs are much quieter than MDRs on the other ship and we found the food to be as good as  AQ.  
We have 6 cruises booked on E class ships 2 SV’s and 4 suites.  

• Thanks 1

I think there is a bit of a ‘miss’ on a lot of rooms re outside space on the E class ships… our preferred category of room is RS but the balcony is tiny and there is an enormous overhang…We were initially put off by YouTube videos but were still interested. However, then we chatted to friends who had enjoyed the Edge experience but found the RS balcony so small, the overhang so big and the pricing equally big they are likely to go for S/M class in the future. Or if they cruise on E class they will go for a lower category of room (SS). They certainly felt the RS room did not meet their expectations.

For guests that rarely use a balcony or are happy to go to a shared outdoor space (retreat deck) then the Edge class RS works…If you enjoy more than a footprint of private outdoor space then it doesn’t…

Same I think applies to infinity verandas…If you just want to occasionally breath in a bit of fresh air, great, but if you want a room and a veranda separate then it doesn’t work…

6 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m still not sure why Infinite verandas are appealing.  Ok you can open the window?!  But I would like to try the Beyond so I guess I will find out for myself sometime.

They are appealing because not everyone really uses those traditional balconies except to get some fresh air. Are IV cabins revolutionary? Absolutely. I don't know any cruiseship that has window/oceanview cabins that open. Carnival's Spirit Class had something similar called Obstructed View French French Door Cabins. The rooms were on the Deck right where the lifeboats are. But instead of a regular oceanview window they install the same sliding doors as a balcony cabin and when you slide open the door there was a glass railing so you couldn't step out anywhere. I had one of those cabins on a TP to Hawaii and it was great to leave open the sliding door and get fresh air, the sound of the ocean, and a slight glimpse of the water in between the lifeboats.  Sadly they have replaced the french doors with a solid non opening window, so although you have now have a panoramic floor to ceiling window they don't open for fresh air.

I think the IV cabin turned out not exactly as previewed because the mockups didn't account for all the structural nuances which made the mockups seem larger than the actual finished product. The mockups didn't account for the space needed for the blackout pleated shades nor for the folding doors. I think there also wasn't allowance made for the King size beds that are in IV rooms. If you take a careful and closeup views of the mechanics of all the components in the Veranda section of the IV room you'll see all these features that take up an inch here, couple of inches there and when you add it all up the actual useable space of the Veranda portion is negligible. You have to move the chairs to open and close the bifold doors and you have to move the chairs to close the shade too (I bet more than a few pleated shades have been ruined by having the furniture in the way when the shade came down).

30 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I’m still not sure why Infinite verandas are appealing.  Ok you can open the window?!  But I would like to try the Beyond so I guess I will find out for myself sometime.

We liked the extra room in the cabin.  I'm not big on sitting on the balcony anyway, so I was fine with it--when I wanted the breeze, I opened the window for a bit.  We'll still book balconies on other ships, but we'll also book IVs because we enjoyed Edge.

I was really hoping that Beyond would offer some traditional balconies in Concierge and Aqua Class along with Infinite Balconies for those who like the former layout. Looks like that wish will not be granted. My only hope now is that if Celebrity designs an entirely new class of ship, such a choice of traditional or Infinite will be available. 

I think Celebrity's powers that be underestimated how much some passengers really enjoy their balconies. Two chairs in a crowded space is not my idea of a great balcony experience, but Sunset Verandas are so popular they are hard to get.We couldn't book one on Beyond for the cruise we chose. 

Because we sail often, booking a suite isn't possible for us.

17 hours ago, zitsky said:

Countless (!) threads and posts on this since even before EDGE was launched.  You have the best answer- you need to just try an IV and judge for yourself.    A lot of people will give you their opinions (hate to love) and many are from people that have never sailed E-class or have stayed in an IV.   

Edited by TeeRick

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Countless (!) threads and posts on this since even before EDGE was launched.  You have the best answer- you need to just try an IV and judge for yourself.    A lot of people will give you their opinions (hate to love) and many are from people that have never sailed E-class or have stayed in an IV.   

I hate to be the first person to ask a question that has already been answered.  😭

• Like 1

We have sailed on Edge, in an Infinite Veranda. E-Class ships are a new experience, in every way. We enjoyed that experience. You will not enjoy an IV cabin because you have already convinced yourselves of that. So, book any other cabin category and you will automatically alleviate that concern. If you don't do Aqua, the four MDR's are very good.

When booking an 'E' Class ship, do so with an open mind about everything. The ships are modern, definitely different and thus open to close scrutiny, especially from seasoned X cruisers. We certainly like the "tried and true" 'M' and 'S' Class Celebrity ships. We appreciate and welcome innovation and the opportunity to occasionally go contemporary. 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Love  it that some 20 replies later the OP question is sidetracked and the answer - NO - was given in post #2.

And then you get the commentary on the commentary.  What else is new?  🤣

27 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Love  it that some 20 replies later the OP question is sidetracked and the answer - NO - was given in post #2.

I’m the OP. 
When did a thread EVER get sidetracked. LOL

i actually appreciate some of the sidetracked answers.  I think having 4 smaller MDRs may relieve some of our issues with the noise. 
To the people who said to try the infinite balcony - I did state that wasn’t going to happen in the original question. If Celebrity gifted us a free cruise I’d be more than happy to try it but for the thousands of dollars we’d have to spend then no thanks. 
So it’ll be a sunset veranda or an a SS. 
Thanks all for your replies. . 

Edited by chamima
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/8/2022 at 7:54 AM, chamima said:

We usually sail in Aqua, mostly because we like the smaller, quieter dining room.

We also enjoy time spent on our balcony and so have been reluctant to try E class because the new Infinite balcony doesn't appeal at all.

I've read several recent reviews of E class and some of the new outdoor areas look inviting so we're thinking of trying a cruise on one of them.

So I'm asking if there are any Aqua cabins with what I call real balconies.

Please don't even try to convince us how wonderful the Infinite balconies are - that just isn't going to happen.

Thanks!

I do not like the Infinite Veranda.  I feel trapped in the room, and I can't just sit outside and take in the view of the whole side of the ship.  This was not a real good idea on Celebrity's part.  I hope they build more regular balconies.

On 2/9/2022 at 11:26 AM, zitsky said:

I hate to be the first person to ask a question that has already been answered.  😭

I tried it three times.  I have literally sailed on every category of Celebrity except their new suite categories.  Sky suite yes, the others no but everything else I've tried.  I cannot stand the INfinite Veranda.  It's like a narrow tunnel, and the only view is straight ahead.  I used to be able to go "out to the balcony" and see the whole side of the ship and miles out in all directions.  Now I feel like I'm looking at the sea through a tunnel.  Not to mention the air-conditioning goes off, when you try and put down the window, and the person in the cabin doing their makeup in the bathroom all of a sudden is dying from the heat and humidity.  Bad design.  I have to say no.  Aren't there any regular balconies on the Edge class ships?

Edited by tikigal