Not Homer’s Odyssey - semi live Odyssey of the Seas

Tree_skier

Greetings fellow warriors, Many years ago Homer captured the epic return of Odysseus to Ithaca following the conclusion of the Trojan war.  It is a brilliantly written poetic masterpiece that, if you are literary minded, will grip your soul.

This will not be Homer’s Odyssey.

This will mostly be a narrative about me excessively eating and drinking for 8 days. 🙂 

This is our third cruise since the restart. We loved each previous one irrespective of protocols.  We hope and expect this one will be the same. This is our first Quantum class ship so we’re especially excited about trying it out on a brand new version of it.

We’re not night owls anymore and won’t be partying until late in the night  so drinking begins early and ends early.  Any recommendations about drinks to experiment with is greatly appreciated.

We have the UDP on this one as well as the beverage package so most of dining will be in the specialty restaurants.

I’ll post lots of pics and comment a little.  Shows and activities spliced in between my eating and drinking will chronicled as best I can.

I’ll do my best to answer any questions aboard the ship.

The war has ended. (Covid is almost over)  It is time for everyone to go home (Normal life needs to return)

B8885581-84F5-46EE-ACB0-86D53216B115.jpeg

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's the first report of a non STAR class guest that I've ever read about having the drink package cover a licensed Starbucks location

We've been on her 3 times, all of them starbucks coffe included! And we abused them in the morning, my wife love their Moka!!

1 minute ago, inlinesick said:

We've been on her 3 times, all of them starbucks coffe included! And we abused them in the morning, my wife love their Moka!!

Unless I somehow missed it Anthem doesn't have an actual Starbucks, they just serve Starbucks coffee at places like LaPatisserie, Cafe270, etc.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Unless I somehow missed it Anthem doesn't have an actual Starbucks, they just serve Starbucks coffee at places like LaPatisserie, Cafe270, etc.

I was just coming to post this.  I made a mistake in my original post that said there was a dedicated Starbucks on Q class ships

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

We’re just packing up at the Hilton Garden Inn now. We’ll have a light breakfast and then Uber over to the port.  I’ll check back here in few hours and let you know how it all is going.

Have fun!  Thanks for doing this!

• Like 1

Enjoy your cruise! We got off around 8 this morning and it was less than 11 minutes to get our luggage, go through facial recognition and head to the taxi line. Port Everglades was very organized this morning. Hope you have an easy and organized boarding today. 

• Like 1