Has anyone looked into the new deck nine single rooms on silhouette?

Alakegirl

5 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

The card room is gone and there are four single rooms. They seem very small. Does anyone know anything about their pricing? And I  assume that they won’t grant double Captains Club points for staying in those single rooms, is that right?

Hi. I had a look in one last year. They are ideal if travelling solo. 
I did find this review video 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just watched that video and laughed when I saw the “artwork” over the bed. It’s the same thing we had at the foot of the bed in our C2 cabin on the Silhouette in December. We thought it was pretty awful. I wonder if Celebrity got a bulk deal for hundreds of copies when the Silhouette was revolutionized? 🤣

7 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Where's the rest of the cabin??? 😬

I sailed solo on the Silhouette in November and booked one of these rooms very small suitable for sleeping only. Fortunately I was only there to change and shower.  I believe the room is 102 square feet and for single occupancy only.  The bed is a queen size and comfortable but there's no sofa just small chair by the vanity.  Enough storage space for 1 person. Since it is literally a few  steps away from the bank of elevators on 9 directly above the atrium you can hear a lot of noise from the open area. 

I m  believe the single room costs less than paying for the premium of a single passenger booking a room meant for two passengers.   If I was sailing alone on a budget, the room looks more than adequate especially with a queen size bed.    Other lines offer single occupancy staterooms with much smaller beds.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, iandjm said:

100%

Yes - a great point to remember is that you have more space per person alone in here than you would in many “regular” cabins with another human. I will be in one of them on Friday on Silhouette. I was curious to try it out and added the Silhouette cruise on at a great price ahead of my Millennium cruise. I probably would have bid on a move up offer as suggested by my PVP but was not permitted - the MoveUp department said this category isn’t eligible. I may still stop by guest services to find out about any available balconies but I think this cabin will be just fine. My only real concern is I have a lot to store since I’m headed onto the Millennium after. 

The pricing isn’t always logical on these. In this case it was half the price of a “regular” inside. Sometimes it seems they forgot to program the logic and they’re the same cost. Supposedly they’ll be added to the other S-class ships too. I know that this cruise will be totally different than my Millennium cruise where I have a FV. It will mean I enjoy the public spaces more as a result but I’m looking forward to trying it.