Sky Suite Snacks

Mimiya11

The last time we were in a Sky Suite were the days they did the afternoon tea trolley.   Was a bit over the top IMHO. 

But... looking to find what we can order for afternoon munchies for pre-dinner cocktails and snacks on our balcony. 

I thought I saw someone post they were able to get a charcuterie plate?   

Just looking forward to no meal planning, grocery shopping and food prep for a week!  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mimiya11 said:

The last time we were in a Sky Suite were the days they did the afternoon tea trolley.   Was a bit over the top IMHO. 

But... looking to find what we can order for afternoon munchies for pre-dinner cocktails and snacks on our balcony. 

Just looking forward to no meal planning, grocery shopping and food prep for a week!  

45 minutes ago, islabahia said:

We have had cheese plates, shrimp plates, etc.  We had a standing 3-4 PM delivery with our butler for snacks.  He knew what we liked and made sure to bring a variety every day!

We did the same on our Equinox cruise last August. Did shrimp and cheese.

Have only asked for cocktail hour snacks a couple of times in the Sky Suite.  Personal Concierge was always accommodating.  

I think one time it was cheese, fruit and crackers plate (I guess the new term is it was a charcouterie board.  Still cheese and crackers plate to me.

Had shrimp cocktail another time.

He always stopped me in the hallways whenever he saw me (which was often, as he always seemed to be hanging around) to ask what I wanted for afternoon snacks.  Most of the time, I declined them.

Tea cart?  That would seem to be a PITA if it's being wielded up and down the hallways to each cabin.  But, never saw one.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Have only asked for cocktail hour snacks a couple of times in the Sky Suite.  Personal Concierge was always accommodating.  

I think one time it was cheese, fruit and crackers plate (I guess the new term is it was a charcouterie board.  Still cheese and crackers plate to me.

Had shrimp cocktail another time.

He always stopped me in the hallways whenever he saw me (which was often, as he always seemed to be hanging around) to ask what I wanted for afternoon snacks.  Most of the time, I declined them.

Tea cart?  That would seem to be a PITA if it's being wielded up and down the hallways to each cabin.  But, never saw one.

We have used the Personal Retreat Host (butler) for snacks if we want them on some days.  Like others have suggested here.  They are very accommodating.  Or we just go to The Retreat or buffet to make a plate and bring them back to our cabin.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

Why not use the retreat for your pre dinner drinks.....they had a lovely selection of canapes on offer!

We have occasionally done that but after returning from an excursion we like having them in our cabin on our balcony. Even after having appetizers in our cabin we usually go to the Retreat Lounge for a pre dinner drink and to catch up on the ship gossip for the day.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 2

I understand everyone's opinion of the Tea Carts and maybe my experience is different, but the Butler's we have always had offered to drop off afternoon tea if we wanted instead of coming down to the Retreat.  

Our problem has always been the opposite.   We are not big eaters and specifically ask they not drop off things but usually have things dropped off anyway.    On longer consecutive cruises I would get to the point of just getting sick of eating 24 hours a day and look forward to just a simple meal which I'm happy Celebrity will fulfill.

Part of the reason is;  I'm a grazer and if there is food or snacks sitting around somehow it ends up in my stomach whether I really wanted it or not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, graphicguy said:

My French grandmother would have rolled her eyes and smacked your hand if you served a cheese plate and called it charcuterie 😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On the Reflection in January in our SS, we had a plate of snacks every late afternoon. We ate only about half of it as we were always full from lunch and knew we would have a nice dinner. The snacks ranged from shrimp to fruit to cookies to chips to cheese and crackers to veg sticks and hummus. 

27 minutes ago, 39august said:

There is no food in the Sky Lounge as there is no Elite and above happy hour held there now. The free HH drinks are at the bars instead.  Well, they do have bar snack mix. 

And in the E Class ships, there is no longer a Sky Lounge, but the Retreat lounge is in the upper decks just below the Retreat Sun and pool Deck.

Edited by terrydtx

24 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

Why not use the retreat for your pre dinner drinks.....they had a lovely selection of canapes on offer!

At ‘tea time’ we want to enjoy our suite, we are either recovering from an excursion or awaking from an afternoon nap.

We generally cruise in RS or PH but in our experience communication is key to getting what you want (and what you don’t want) from the retreat host….They will bring ‘savouries’ each afternoon but often not exactly what you want. 

We want a traditional (but small) afternoon tea. A couple of small sandwiches and a couple of mini cakes. We also request a ‘snack’ to be left in the fridge for later…We ask for this to be varied, cheese, shrimp….

Usually first day we have far more delivered than we want and then second day again reiterate our choices. I am not saying that the retreat hosts don’t listen but I think they genuinely try to exceed your expectations and sometimes in doing so give you something nice but not necessarily what you want….

6 hours ago, Mimiya11 said:

Just tell the retreat host exactly what you want (cold meats, cheese, crackers…). It could be in these presently difficult times that hosts have a restricted number of options they are allowed to offer. If this is the case it may be worth either a quick visit to the buffet or Retreat Lounge to get a selection to take back to your room. 

• Like 1

Just now, terrydtx said:

And in the E Class ships, there is no Sky Lounge, but the Retreat lounge is in the upper decks just below the Retreat Sun and pool Deck.

Yes on the Edge we went to The Club. I remember the Club having no windows. We have only been on one Edge sailing and that was in a suite. I'm not a fan of Edge Class, but might try the Beyond.

11 hours ago, islabahia said:

We have had cheese plates, shrimp plates, etc.  We had a standing 3-4 PM delivery with our butler for snacks.  He knew what we liked and made sure to bring a variety every day!

We informed our butler that we were not big on the afternoon sweets and he asked if we would like shrimp cocktail instead.  Told him we loved it.  We received ship cocktail, cheese, crackers, dried fruit, and grapes on a plate every day on on the first leg of our back to back.  

When we met him on turn around day, we had moved from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite and he went with us, we asked him to slow it down to every other day.  Otherwise I am sure we would have continued to receive a plate every afternoon.  

• Like 1

Our Retreat host brought use a cheese plate for the first three days, a fruit plate the next two days and shrimp cocktail plates the final two days.  He said he would bring us whatever we wanted but we told him that we'd leave it up to him.

• Like 1