Returning to Celebrity Cruises

Bellaggio Cruisers

We just booked the Equinox for 4/24/2022. 12 days. Celebrity Suite.
Questions:

Which restaurants are included?

Is dining  in Luminae at a set time?

Is there a small fridge in the suite?

Internet included… does it work well?

I know I will have more questions… but will start with these. 
Thanks

sheila

Your assigned dining room will be Luminae which does not require or take reservations.  You just show up when you are ready to dine.  None of the Specialty restaurants are complimentary for Celebrity or Sky Suites.   On the Equinox Luminae is close to the MDR so you can order from the MDR menu in addition to  the Luminae menu.

There is a mini bar in the suite.

If your booking includes the Premium Beverage package, pre-paid gratuities, internet and OBC then you will have the Stream wi-fi which works fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Your assigned dining room will be Luminae which does not require or take reservations.  You just show up when you are ready to dine.  None of the Specialty restaurants are complimentary for Celebrity or Sky Suites.   On the Equinox Luminae is close to the MDR so you can order from the MDR menu in addition to  the Luminae menu.

There is a mini bar in the suite.

If your booking includes the Premium Beverage package, pre-paid gratuities, internet and OBC then you will have the Stream wi-fi which works fine.

Appreciate it… you answered ll my questions. 
thanks

Sheila

As the OP said, you are assigned to Luminae. There isn’t a set time, but we found it helpful to let the host know if we were going to an early show and would be having dinner later than usual. Also, we let them know if we would be eating elsewhere. There is a small fridge. We had decent internet on Silhouette. Enjoy!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I was told by a Maitre’D that it’s a cooler rather than a fridge.

Yes- not a fridge.  If you have medication that requires refrigeration, let the customer service staff know.

If you are in a Royal suite and above, you get unlimited sp dining. We always upgrade internet- found it much better.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Welcome back, we came back a year ago and sailed on the Equinox in a Sky Suite and fell in love with the suites Retreat, we now have 5 future Sky Suite cruises booked. In addition to the Luminae restaurant, which we love, you have other Retreat amenities. You have access to the Suites only Retreat Lounge with a bartender and free drinks, juices, premium coffee, espresso and at certain times snacks and afternoon tea. The Retreat lounge has concierges, that can help you with reservations in specialty restaurants, shore excursions or even billing issues, no more waiting in line at guest relations.  There is also a suites only sun deck but, on the Equinox, no private pool, the newer Edge class ships have a private pool. Best of all you will have a personal Retreat Host which is really a Butler that will make the suite life even sweeter. On Evening Chic night (old formal nights) suites guests have a special reserved section for the shows in the Theater.

For the cost the Retreat is the best premium value and IMO experience of any mainline cruise company. 

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, dkjretired said:

If doing a suite I would recommend either an E class ship or one of the ships that has been revolutionized. Due to Covid not all ships have all the retreat facilities 

The OP is sailing on the Equinox which has been Revolutionized and has the Retreat facilities.

Edited by terrydtx

Some have asked why we have returned to Celebrity. About 12 years ago we began sailing on Regent. Never looked back. This week, our April Regent cruise, sailing to the Amazon itinerary was changed. The new itinerary was not acceptable. We still wanted a Caribbean cruise. Regent offered none. So we decided to come back to Celebrity. 
Hope we enjoy… no reason not to. We loved it back then. 
sheila

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Some have asked why we have returned to Celebrity. About 12 years ago we began sailing on Regent. Never looked back. This week, our April Regent cruise, sailing to the Amazon itinerary was changed. The new itinerary was not acceptable. We still wanted a Caribbean cruise. Regent offered none. So we decided to come back to Celebrity. 
Hope we enjoy… no reason not to. We loved it back then. 
sheila

As good as Regent is I hope you enjoy being in the Celebrity Retreat. The Retreat is what is keeping us from moving up to more luxury lines. We did a Sky Suite last August on the Equinox, and it was the best cruise we have been on so far. We have a Sky Suite booked on the Equinox next year and we are taking our 12 year old granddaughter with us.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 1

I agree with terrydtx. The Retreat on Silhouette was so enjoyable, we didn’t look elsewhere for our next Caribbean cruise. That said, we will next sail on Regent Voyager in June due to the itinerary and value. Haven’t been on Regent since Navigator in 2006. 

• Like 1

We head out for our 1st Celebrity cruise in less than 2 weeks.  We are trying the Retreat.  We have enjoyed the HAVEN on NCL, but friends told us Celebrity was great, too.  So, we are trying.  We did our first Regent cruise in Nov, and loved that experience.....it is just so pricey.  But, looking at business class air to/from overseas ports, I am thinking that is the way to go.  But, this may be a deciding factor.  All of the lines (maybe excepting MSC) have significantly raised the "ship within a ship" pricing to where the luxury lines are not that much more expensive when you compare shorex, included tips, and flights.  I think it will be fun doing the comparisons!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

We just booked the Equinox for 4/24/2022. 12 days. Celebrity Suite.

I was going to be on that cruise, however, about a month ago we cancelled and instead will do a similar itinerary in Nov 22 on the Edge. ( I think it is the Edge but could be the Apex LOL)

I would have loved to meet you in person. 😞

• Like 1