Premier Beverage Package - Drinks delivered to room included?

Coffeehound510

Hi Everyone!

My sister mom and I are scheduled for our first Princess cruise in 4 years in April.  We booked under the Princess Plus fare that includes the beverage package.

It seems like with the new ocean app for ordering drinks you can now have drinks delivered to.your cabin and that is included in the package?  Is that right?  I know room service is excluded and that used to be the only way to get drinks in the cabin.

Will they also bring fancy coffees from the IC or frappes from the cones place?

Thanks for any clarification

Shannon

I cannot speak for the specialty coffees as I don't order those... the alcohol can be ordered to your room free of charge thru the app.  I don't know how long it takes though, because I generally build relationships with the bar staff and like to go visit them.

I do remember though that once, my bartender friend working the International Cafe coffee station misunderstood what I said, and had a fresh pot of coffee delivered to my room for other stateroom members.... I saw no service charge on that one.

Yes specialty coffees and cocktails can be ordered through the app or TV and delivered to your cabin. When you prepare the order it may initially look like there will be a charge but when you go to check out it will show that it’s been applied to the beverage package and your total due will be zero. 

When we sailed in January our ship was just over 50% capacity and our shortest delivery time was 6 minutes our longest was 15.  Hard to say how long it will take when ships start sailing with increased number of passengers, 

Thanks!  This time we are in an Oceanview because we couldn't resist the price so we probably won't order many adult beverages to the room but lattes or Americanos in the morning yes!

This will be great for the next time we have a balcony and want to enjoy it without having to run to the bar to replenish our drinks.

Shannon

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, bandgbasset said:

Does anybody tip the person who delivers the drinks?  I know the tip is included in the price.

thank you.

No - why should you.  They are just doing their job.

I tip if someone goes over and above what is expected.  Delivering a glass  of  wine  to my cabin does not go over and above the expected level of service, ergo, no tip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

No - why should you.  They are just doing their job.

I tip if someone goes over and above what is expected.  Delivering a glass  of  wine  to my cabin does not go over and above the expected level of service, ergo, no tip.

We are not talking about the UK. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bandgbasset said:

Does anybody tip the person who delivers the drinks?  I know the tip is included in the price.

thank you.

It's not expected but I always tip a few dollars for the room service deliveries and always have a nice piece of chocolate (individually wrapped, of course) for them as well.  

• Like 2

Typically tipped $2.00 for room service delivery.  Since the staff's tips are greatly reduced due to the low occupancy levels, extra tips are very much appreciated.  We had several servers enthusiastically thank us with "God Bless You" and huge smiles.  We had coffee delivered in the morning and a glass of wine, pre-diner.   

• Like 2

If you're going to tip for drinks delivered to your room then what about drinks delivered to your chair by the pool? I suppose we should also tip extra to any waiter getting us coffee or water at the buffet table also. 

At what point does is it included in their job?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

If you're going to tip for drinks delivered to your room then what about drinks delivered to your chair by the pool? I suppose we should also tip extra to any waiter getting us coffee or water at the buffet table also. 

I never thought of it that way. I’ve just always tipped for room service without even thinking about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Have read on these boards that some people do carry around 1s and tip waiters, bar tenders and such as normal practice. It's their thing. In the past we did tip for room service. For bar and lounge service we never tipped per drink, but at times we did provide a grat at the end of the cruise to special lounge waiters that served us all cruise long. So it ends when the passenger says it ends, never, sometimes, always.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Have read on these boards that some people do carry around 1s and tip waiters, bar tenders and such as normal practice. It's their thing. In the past we did tip for room service. For bar and lounge service we never tipped per drink, but at times we did provide a grat at the end of the cruise to special lounge waiters that served us all cruise long. So it ends when the passenger says it ends, never, sometimes, always.

We've have never used room service for anything other than an exchange for the setup. I also tip something at the end of the cruise for bartenders we get to know but never for each drink.

Seeing that they get 18% tip for each drink I feel that's sufficient unless they do something really special.

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

We've have never used room service for anything other than an exchange for the setup. I also tip something at the end of the cruise for bartenders we get to know but never for each drink.

Seeing that they get 18% tip for each drink I feel that's sufficient unless they do something really special.

Because we try to never cruise without having the beverage package, I’m not really sure how much the bartenders get for each drink they make / pour.  I don’t think it’s a full 18% of the cost of each drink they make.  That’s when we tip our favorite bartenders / servers.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Because we try to never cruise without having the beverage package, I’m not really sure how much the bartenders get for each drink they make / pour.  I don’t think it’s a full 18% of the cost of each drink they make.  That’s when we tip our favorite bartenders / servers.  

The 18% is part of a beverage pool that gets distributed around the fleet according to a Princess process. Individually they do not receive the 18% per drink.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, skynight said:

The 18% is part of a beverage pool that gets distributed around the fleet according to a Princess process. Individually they do not receive the 18% per drink.

But, how much of each drink does the fleet get if one has the beverage package.  That was the point I was trying to make.  

5 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Exactly  - someone walks 10 yards from the bar to your sunlounger with your drink - how is that worthy of a tip ?