Celebrity Solstice - Cabin Ceiling

dream2cruise

The only time we had a problem with magnets on the ceiling was in a Celebrity Suite on the Reflection.  We could not find a point on the ceiling other than the air vent that would hold a magnet.  In fact we could ‘t find a spot on the walls either.

We have magnetic hooks and magnetic clips that we bring.  I find the hooks useful for holding my ball cap on the wall close to the door, light weight wind breakers, and other items we use frequently and want to have handy.  Clips are useful for holding loose papers that we may want and to get them off of the table/desk tops.  

• Like 1

I've never tried the hooks on the ceiling, but always bring them and use them on the walls. I do think that you could use the hooks on the walls high up towards the ceiling to support a shower curtain as long as your magnets are strong enough- even if the ceiling doesn't work if your shower curtain is wide enough to span the room. If not you could bring a piece or twine to run across the room between hooks placed high on the walls and then hook the shower curtain onto the twine as if it were a shower rod.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 1

DH sleeps  late and I don’t.  I have a dark curtain I bring and attach to the ceiling with magnetic hooks works great (particularly good for E Class IV’s).  Our recent sailing in a CS was the only time it was hard to find a place for a magnet.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I believe the walls are also magnetic.    At least many bring aboard strong magnets and use for coat, robe or show bag hanger.  

We also bring 2 magnetic photo frames, one for the outside of the door to hold our Penguin pic. Numerous passengers have commented how the penguins help them find their cabin.

• Like 1