How long ago did you disembark from your last cruise?

@gbenjoI guess I feel like he is saying that all restrictions should be removed but every time cruising is mentioned he back tracks  and won't include it in his narrative. If it is safe enough to return to "normal" conditions, why can't we welcome back the cruise ships!?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LincolnLegend said:

@gbenjoI guess I feel like he is saying that all restrictions should be removed but every time cruising is mentioned he back tracks  and won't include it in his narrative. If it is safe enough to return to "normal" conditions, why can't we welcome back the cruise ships!?

I guess it is called politics ..damned if you do and damned if  you don't…….but I think we are heading the right direction .

4 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I guess it is called politics ..damned if you do and damned if  you don't…….but I think we are heading the right direction .

Let us all hope you can get back working at ye olde OPT, Graham..

Get ready to roll it out..But only for the 'spethial peeple.'

gettyimages-185272316-612x612.jpg.af2d538e4ec032880a41c5e2aec5ea7f.jpg

• Like 1

Nov 2019. Singapore to Fremantle. 

That was our fifth cruise that year.

Must have sensed the impending doom. 😧

And I would have made Elite on Princess on the first 2020 cruise we had booked. 

We are booked for November so will be 3 years of no cruising. Hard to believe. 

I had a cruise last week, done it 6 times in the past 17 years. .Up ye olde Clyde Rver from Batemans Bay, highly recommended. No tipping, lol.

th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I had a cruise last week, done it 6 times in the past 17 years. .Up ye olde Clyde Rver from Batemans Bay, highly recommended. No tipping, lol.

It's a great cruise, we thoroughly enjoyed it last year.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, gbenjo said:

That was the last day that I worked at the OPT so technically my last debark/cruise.

I know you work at OPT, for other lines, it was strange disembarking on Monday the 16th of March 2020. From Carnival Spirit.. There was no staff at OPT. Just a hand full of pursuer's helping with luggage.. Very Eerie. With the change that was going on.. Around Us.

Until we cruise again...

Edited by Hunter69

I was on the last cruise departure in Australia. The Carnival Spirit. March 14 th from Melbourne. We heard the P&O Explorer was cancelled out of Brisbane, so we will didn't know if it was going ahead. Temperature checking on boarding, questions on where I had been. This was a 2nd leg of a B2B2B.. We where told a hour after departure the next Cruise was cancelled.

Carnival had given me free internet to organise anything since I had a cancelled cruise. Very Thankful.  They also have $150 free OBC for a 2 day cruise. It was quite strange knowing that I might not see the staff for a period of time.. 

I usually get off at 7:00 to go to work on Disembarking day, but since I had a cancelled cruise I stayed on to 9.. 

The OPT was empty of staff a few baggage people only. It was Quite Eerie in fact.. I really didn't think it would go on for 2 years at the beginning.. After 6 months I knew it would take a long time to get back, being married to a medical Professional..

Till we cruise again...

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

I'll be down that way in a couple of weeks and plan to do a fsh n chp cruise. I couldn't find a website for Merinda cruises, do they have one. 

Will be coming up from Bermagui on  Monday 28th and was wandering if they do trips on Mondays and at what time. Are bookings essential?

Edited by lyndarra

10 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I'll be down that way in a couple of weeks and plan to do a fsh n chp cruise. I couldn't find a website for Merinda cruises, do they have one. 

Will be coming up from Bermagui on  Monday 28th and was wandering if they do trips on Mondays and at what time. Are bookings essential?

www.innesboatshed.com    or phone 02 4472 4052.  Cost for 'seniors' fish, chips, salad, tea and coffee and cruise is $50.  Best to ring and book.  Boarding @ 11am, cruise 11.30am to 2.30pm.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

www.innesboatshed.com    or phone 02 4472 4052.  Cost for 'seniors' fish, chips, salad, tea and coffee and cruise is $50.  Best to ring and book.  Boarding @ 11am, cruise 11.30am to 2.30pm.

That's great, thanks.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 11:09 PM, lyndarra said:

Pity I will miss out on seeing you, I am flying up to the Gold Coast on 27th to see my brother and sister in Nerang and Currumbin, not seen them for a couple of years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Pity I will miss out on seeing you, I am flying up to the Gold Coast on 27th to see my brother and sister in Nerang and Currumbin, not seen them for a couple of years.

Good to see you are finally getting to visit your family on the Gold Coast.  

• Like 1

We got off our Last Cruise - Carnival Breeze 14 Day Journeys Cruise on Jan 25th 2020 (just before Covid was a thing) 781 Days ago, seems like an eternity. Good news is its only 231 days till we board our next one in LA. 15 Day Hawaiian on Sapphire Princess. Literally can't wait.

Disembarked in Singapore on 11th Feb 2020. Great cruise with lots of unusual occurrences. Onboard the Pacific Explorer ship heading to Asia while seeing the Diamond Princess drama unfolding on the news was a little unsettling. Having to disembark about 100 Chinese passport holders at Cairns because Singapore had closed its boarder to all Chinese also was very unusual. Dili having 1 guy with a temperature gun on the dock and dragging anybody with a Temperature of to unknown Hospitals (on a very hot day) also something that is not part of a normal cruise. Oh and a Hive of bee's thought that the  rear pool roof would be better than staying in Lombok. Being in a inside room (first and last time) with the thought of being confined was something I didn't enjoy. Great cruise though.

January 2021 we did a 7 day cruise out of Invercargill on the Spirit of Enterby - expedition style cruise - all NZ passengers - no restrictions - no masks no tests as NZ had eliminated the virus by then 

Before that  it was Sydney 2 March 2020 Queen Elizabeth - we weren't allowed to land in Rabaul - but though that was the local authorities not being paid off enough $$$ - but otherwise no talk or issue with this "china virus". 

I hope our luck holds - we  are due to board the Queen Elizabeth again in San Francisco on 24 July ... 

We disembarked the Majestic Princess in Adelaide on 18 February 2020, (just over 2 years) it was the end of our 6 night cruise, but the ship was to go onto Singapore via Fremantle.

The night prior to stopping in Melbourne, everyone was told the ship cruise was terminating in Fremantle due to Covid and subsequent cruise issues.  Pax were given the option of getting off in Melbourne,  Adelaide  of Fremantle without penalty (but with recompense) depending on whatever suited them best. Many got off in Melbourne, we stayed on till Adelaide as per our plans.

We were compensated anyway so that was good.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We disembarked the Majestic Princess in Adelaide on 18 March 2020

I think you may have misremembered, it was 18 Feb 2020. 😀

We were on that six day cruise from Sydney and disembarked in Adelaide too.

Out of curiosity, why were you compensated?