How long ago did you disembark from your last cruise?

Mine was on Ovation disembarking the 29th Feb 2020....... Just in time for the 1st game of NBL Semi finals!!! I timed the cruise expertly. Got home from the OPT and had my hair done with purple foils for the playoffs!! GO KINGS.

7 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I think you may have misremembered, it was 18 Feb 2020. 😀

We were on that six day cruise from Sydney and disembarked in Adelaide too.

Out of curiosity, why were you compensated?

Yes, you are correct.

Compensation was due to the cruise being cut short, I wasn't going to argue, just lucky I guess, it wasn't much, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

We arrived back from Fiji in early November. We were booked for 10 days up the  Islands with Carnival for May, and a long awaited trip up Princess Charlotte Sound on tha Coral Princess during a 14 nighter to NZ in the following November. So it is about 2 years and 4 months since we have been on board.

5 hours ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Good on you. It never occurred to me that any kind of compensation might be on offer.

I certain wasn't expecting  anything but our TA said Princess gave us a little OBC for the next cruise.

On 3/13/2022 at 7:07 PM, NSWP said:

I had a cruise last week, done it 6 times in the past 17 years. .Up ye olde Clyde Rver from Batemans Bay, highly recommended. No tipping, lol.

th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

October 2019:  Viking Orion Vancouver to Tokyo, then stayed aboard for Tokyo to Hong Kong.  2020 cruise on Oceania cancelled for the common reason....but delighted with yesterday's announcement.  After the Ruby Princess fiasco, I guess the govt. had no choice.  Just got back home from down and back to Batehaven today PM.  Small world.  Scomo and crew have done the best job possible in the most difficult and dire circumstances over the past few years.  Walk a mile, as they say...

Linda

9 hours ago, eamondzhang said:

The only three-night sampler on Ruby during the 2019-2020 season between 08 and 11 Feb 20..... Got off the ship three cruises before the faithful one.

Michael

Phew!!!

well...we went on our last cruise in Jan 2020....14 day cruise on the diamond princess....it took us 7 weeks to get home....had a wonderful cruise till the day when we were to disembark....sat around all morning waiting for the yokohama authorties to let us get off....they put the ship in quaratinne for 2 weeks.....unfortunately both my husband and I contracted covid  in week 2 was taken off the ship to a japanese hos[pital were we stayed for nearly 3 weeks.....we finally got home on 15th ;lmarch just in time for our wedding anniversay.....we have booked a cruise to new zealand in decemeber on the coral princess  

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, Fluffy Tiger said:

Disembarked in Singapore on 11th Feb 2020. Great cruise with lots of unusual occurrences. Onboard the Pacific Explorer ship heading to Asia while seeing the Diamond Princess drama unfolding on the news was a little unsettling. Having to disembark about 100 Chinese passport holders at Cairns because Singapore had closed its boarder to all Chinese also was very unusual. Dili having 1 guy with a temperature gun on the dock and dragging anybody with a Temperature of to unknown Hospitals (on a very hot day) also something that is not part of a normal cruise. Oh and a Hive of bee's thought that the  rear pool roof would be better than staying in Lombok. Being in a inside room (first and last time) with the thought of being confined was something I didn't enjoy. Great cruise though.

I WAS ON THAT DIAMOND PRINCESS SHIP......I RANG MY SON....I SAID THERE ARE 4 HELICOPTORS FLYING AROUND THE SHIP.....HE SAID MUM IT IS ALL OVER THE NEWS.   WAS A WORRY TO US AND THE FAMILY.....BUT WE SURVIVED

16 minutes ago, Rhonbru said:

I WAS ON THAT DIAMOND PRINCESS SHIP......I RANG MY SON....I SAID THERE ARE 4 HELICOPTORS FLYING AROUND THE SHIP.....HE SAID MUM IT IS ALL OVER THE NEWS.   WAS A WORRY TO US AND THE FAMILY.....BUT WE SURVIVED

I'm glad you survived and, it appears, are well. Great that you have booked another cruise.

November 22 2019. Disembarked in Galveston after transiting the Panama Canal on the Disney Wonder. After cruising at least once, usually twice, a year, this has been a long 28 months 😞 

My partner and I had taken 10 weeks of long service leave in late 2019 and split the time between England and the US and in hindsight it was all timed so luckily. Did a heap of touristy stuff in England that we hadn't gotten around to. Ticked an item off my "bucket list" by sitting in the cockpit of an RJ85 on takeoff from London City Airport - four months later these aircraft were retired due to the pandemic and my ex-colleague friend that was captaining the flight was made redundant. Cruised the southern Caribbean, fell in love with Puerto Rico and made great friends out of the other 2 couples we were sat with at dinner for the week (had never clicked so well with people on a cruise before!). Flew to San Diego to join the Panama Canal cruise, which is one of the best things I've ever done and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Flew from Galveston back to California, hired a car and drove the coast from LA up to San Francisco. Promised myself I would re-visit Monterey, "maybe next year...". A few months later the world turned to s**t...

Between then and now have booked, and subsequently had cancelled at least 7 cruises...

30 minutes ago, Rhonbru said:

Why are you yelling at us ? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

from memory sometime in December 2019(A christmas cruise on Radiance of the Seas).I didn't do one or bother with any since then.most wanted silly money and you could not pay me to do the Murray River Princess ex Mannum in South Australia or whatever is offered ex Cairns on Captain Cook Cruises around the Great Barrier Reef.hopefully will be getting on a few over the next two or three years.

9 minutes ago, nermal9900 said:

from memory sometime in December 2019(A christmas cruise on Radiance of the Seas).I didn't do one or bother with any since then.most wanted silly money and you could not pay me to do the Murray River Princess ex Mannum in South Australia or whatever is offered ex Cairns on Captain Cook Cruises around the Great Barrier Reef.hopefully will be getting on a few over the next two or three years.

Try the Proud Mary river cruise from Murray Bridge. It's a much smaller boat, about 40 pax.. We thoroughly enjoyed our 5 night cruise with them last year and learnt a lot about the history and environment of the Murray River. As interesting in it's own way as the Rhine cruise we did many years ago.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ivanp91 said:

Flew to San Diego to join the Panama Canal cruise, which is one of the best things I've ever done and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Did you do the old or the new locks?