The Daily for Sunday 03/13/2022

richwmn

17 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

We are still here. I THINK we will head to Jasper mid to late week. We'll see what the next couple of days bring.

I hope they find the right place for Jen soon and that you get an update on Buddy. Praying for them both.

Still no word from DB about Jen, but twin says Buddy is about the same, being treated for pneumonia and sepsis.  He wants out of the hospital but they won't release him yet.  He's where he should be.  My niece Amy is a wreck so her Mom will be heading over there this afternoon to help her out. 

@kazu Jacqui, we're all so sorry to hear of Marley's latest illness.  He's having a tough time of it.  Praying for some good news for you!🙏

Julia, hoping for safe travels for you when you decide to head home.  There must be tons of traffic with all the spring break folks.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

It's a beautiful sunny day with little wind here in my neck of the woods, Julia.  Are you and DH headed home to Jasper?  Or still taking care of business in Florida?  

I've asked my DS and DB for news on Buddy and Jen.  The last I heard Thursday about Jen was they were searching for a skilled nursing facility to send Jen to from the hospital, but the answers from everywhere close by was no beds, not enough staff, etc.  They planned on searching further out from St. Louis.  Hoping for updates on Buddy's WBC numbers and pneumonia, as well as Jen's chances of finding a facility instead of going home unprepared and no care.

Sandi, thanks for the update on Jen and Buddy even if there isn't much news.  I hope they find a place for Jen as close to family as possible.  Hope the antibiotics are helping Buddy and his WBC improves quickly.

18 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Our Mama Eagle hanging in there, incubating 3 eggs during the snowstorm.

1597276187_HaysEagles2022-03-12214438.jpg.94dad1c25458839e3c7333fd8a31be30.jpg

Now, that's dedication.

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts ♥️ The Bon Voyages due today were posted last night for a good reason.  I had a feeling today would be a mess & sadly, my intuition was right.

It just seems that  life is going from bad to worse.  One of the reasons I am reluctant to post - I’m no fun and have no good news.  Marley was not well last night and worse this morning so I messaged my vet and she thought he had too many comorbidities  to wait until Monday.

So, I have spent time at the emergency vet (those of you that have fur babies know what that costs before you even get started) with Marley.  My dear friend, Glen drove.  

Marley’s had another blood profile and CBC done (ca-ching) and while his kidneys are good, he has a gastro infection and pancreatitis along with anemia.  It seems the myeloma can attack his red blood cells.  (Now we have to weight the pros and cons of steroids next week).  He has no appetite because of it so his pill poppers don’t work & the 7 pills have to go down the hard way.

Not being hospitalized as too many sick dogs (he’s at risk) and vet thought he would do better at home.  

The good thing is Jose didn’t realize I hadn’t come so I left well enough alone.  Was going to have dinner with dear friends for the first time in 2 years (even did a rapid test) but looks like that’s out the window with Marley on 24 hour watch.

I saw this and thought it was cute in case it puts a smile on anyone’s face.

84339AB1-4BCC-428B-B508-7F2E4DF7A3C2.jpeg.6326241dc28bd4b32a8be951cd72bf69.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the care list & those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news again 😔 

Jacqui, I think I can speak for all of us when I say, don't apologize or feel bad when your news is not good.  We worry when we don't hear from you, but understand when you don't feel like posting.  I'm sorry Marley is having so many problems and hope he cam be made to feel better soon.  And, take care of yourself, too.

Just now, Live4cruises said:

@kazuI hope you can take some comfort in knowing how much everyone here does care about you.  I am so so sorry for what you've endured in the last 6 months.

@Quartzsite Cruiserthank you for the ship report.  I have been curious about how many have been aboard.  It will such an interesting change of perspective to not be on an almost packed ship.

I'm still not sure how many passengers we'll have this week.  We've heard 100 less to 100 more, which would make 1100.  Thats still not a crowded ship.  I didn’t notice any kids when we were by the Lido pool earlier.

Just now, Vict0riann said:

Happy Birthday, Pauline!  And many happy returns of the day.🎂

Jacqui, I'm sorry about poor Marley, on top of everything else.  Hope he is not suffering.  Prayers for the three of you.

In fact all of my Daily friends were in my prayers this morning at church.  

@Quartzsite Cruiser,  and @Live4cruises, yes, lets have a M&G - but we only have one sea day in each week, perhaps we can arrange to meet at a Happy Hour, or even a Sailaway get together on that first day?  We like to have dinner in Tamarind on our first evening on board, what time have you been leaving SD usually, Lenda?  We do have friends on board, actually Jacqui's friends, J&J, and possibly one of our neighbours (she is definitely on the second week, April 3-10, hasn't decided on the first one).  J&J don't know we will be on board, we want to surprise them, so don't spill the beans, Jacqui...

There is one sea day, and unless it the itinerary is changed like the 3/20 sailing was changed, the sea day will be Friday.  Happy hour is at 4 pm.  The Sailaway party is at 4 pm at the Seaview pool, but it can be windy and cool depending on the weather.  People start gathering before 4.  If it's cool, we could meet in the Crow’s Nest.  All aboard in San Diego is 3:30, and this Captain usually sails on time or very close to departure time.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Screenshot_20220313_135748_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Great photos of both of you and Happy Birthday to beautiful Pauline.  Are you sure it is not birthday #30 instead of #60?

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@kazuYou are obviously a very strong woman to be able to think of others with all you are going through. We all want to support you in any way that we can and we like for you to keep us informed whether the news is good or not so good. Praying for Jose, Marley and for You, the caregiver.

Jane

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lazey1 said:

@kazuYou are obviously a very strong woman to be able to think of others with all you are going through. We all want to support you in any way that we can and we like for you to keep us informed whether the news is good or not so good. Praying for Jose, Marley and for You, the caregiver.

Jane

I second this. I am so sorry that Marley is having such severe issues- believe me I know what it is like to worry about your furry companion and this, on top of your concern for Jose just seems way too much. My most sincere prayers and positive thoughts are coming your way.

Susan

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

@kazuWe do miss you when you don't post, but we do all understand not wanting to be the bearer of bad news.  That's not the point, news whether good or bad is welcomed here.  If it's bad news, you know that we are attempting in our way to give you virtual hugs, and if it's good news a virtual atta boy!

So from me, right now, hugs, many many hugs.  There have been many days since 2017, that I have needed that hug, the hug that lets you sob, because you need to and haven't been able to. (never got it) But that's the hug  I am sending your way.

e1feef723002455c7302c5ec8ae190bc.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschief  Ok, let's see if I got this right

It's not a club, so I can go on a cruise...😸

Discovery = Main Dining Room

Windows = Lido

Prime C (steak house)  Italian and the Aqua.. are specialty restaurants that I can dine at for 30 per person...but if I book a Suite, I can eat w/o paying extra.

You mentioned something about the Patio.  What is the Patio?

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Jacqui, I'm sorry about poor Marley, on top of everything else.  Hope he is not suffering.  

Marley was very uncomfortable this morning with his spasms and the vet has given him pain meds along with antibiotics and a bunch of other stuff.

I have made it clear to all the vets that Marley will NOT suffer.  He will have quality of life, not quantity.  I won’t extend it for my own selfish reasons and him go through days of agony.  

As long as I can keep him comfortable he will be here.  Until yesterday he was fine with no ill effects.  If something has to be done that is going to make him miserable or ill then I will sadly say good bye to him.

He’s a gentle giant.  The vet today (new one as emergency) was amazed at how sweet and compliant he was.  I told her he was a gentle giant and he is.  

Marley and Me will be together as long as it is good for him.  When it isn’t…we won’t be and I will lose all the men in my life.

Sorry, I’m emotional again.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 22

Just now, kazu said:

Marley was very uncomfortable this morning with his spasms and the vet has given him pain meds along with antibiotics and a bunch of other stuff.

I have made it clear to all the vets that Marley will NOT suffer.  He will have quality of life, not quantity.  I won’t extend it for my own selfish reasons and him go through days of agony.  

As long as I can keep him comfortable he will be here.  Until yesterday he was fine with no ill effects.  If something has to be done that is going to make him miserable or ill then I will sadly say good bye to him.

He’s a gentle giant.  The vet today (new one as emergency) was amazed at how sweet and compliant he was.  I told her he was a gentle giant and he is.  

Marley and Me will be together as long as it is good for him.  When it isn’t…we won’t be and I will lose all the men in my life.

Please don't be sorry for being emotional.  Thinking about Marley and what may happen is emotional under any circumstances, these are more than normal circumstances.  All I can do is send you a HUGE  virtual ((((((((((HUG)))))))))) and amvirtual shoulder to cry on.  IFY, it's emotional for is too.

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

21 minutes ago, kazu said:

He sounds Ike  a wonderful dog and it breaks my heart to hear how ill he is.I am sending hugs and prayers to all three of you.I wish I could do more,as we all do.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

This is where we need a hug button.  Even if you can't see us, we are sending you our energy.   

My sister had a gentle giant.  He left us in 2011 and I still miss him so much.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the daily reports. We have been to Huatulco while on board the old Statendam, a Panama Canal cruise.

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage.

@StLouisCruisers thanks for update on Jen and Buddy, hope that soon there will be better news for both of them.

@ger_77 A good idea with your wreath  showing support for Ukraine. Will see if I can redo one of my Christmas Wreaths.

@kazu wish  I could do something to help you, apart from sending big hugs across the world  as you cope with  Marley's health problems, as well as Jose.

@grapau27 Happy Birthday to your DW.

It's a lovely sunny autumn day about 20 C, rain forecast for later in the week.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@aliaschief  Ok, let's see if I got this right

It's not a club, so I can go on a cruise...😸

Discovery = Main Dining Room

Windows = Lido

Prime C (steak house)  Italian and the Aqua.. are specialty restaurants that I can dine at for 30 per person...but if I book a Suite, I can eat w/o paying extra.

You mentioned something about the Patio.  What is the Patio?

Go on You Tube and search Azamara Dining options. Yes Suite guest don’t pay for specialty restaurant’s but they do pay for Chefs table.

Patio is a restaurant by pool that offers great burgers, salad bar, white tablecloth dining, under cover and other offerings at lunch. On normal large guest capacity cruises offers a nice dining experience at no cost with different evening menu when the ship is sailing with more passengers. Menus available on line using search.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kazu said:

I am so sorry to read about Marley.  He is an awesome companion for you.    Praying for you as you continue your care for him.  You can be sure that he appreciates and loves you very much.  

Please take care of yourself as best you can.  You are so very important to so many people.  Never worry about posting anything here.  I really appreciate all your cruise wisdom, humor and friendliness.  Sending many prayers for you, Jose and Marley. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

@aliaschief  We have three cruises that will take us til 2024 (well the cruises aren't THAT long, we have to come home, pay the cat sitter, and work)...but I  am thinking about Southern Caribbean, and I think I found my dream cruise this afternoon on Holland.  Of course 2024 doesn't show yet, but I will check every day.  The size of your current ship is what attracts me, and I did check them out on line. Thanks for your help.

• Like 10

10 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I can't get used to seeing so many people without masks now.  As of March 11 here in WA you don't have to wear them now indoors.  I would guess that only 5% were wearing masks yesterday in Costco (including us). 

I was surprised to see so many people still wearing masks in the Barnes and Noble in Olympia today. Well over 70% had masks; even about half of the people in the parking lot were wearing masks.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

I was surprised to see so many people still wearing masks in the Barnes and Noble in Olympia today. Well over 70% had masks; even about half of the people in the parking lot were wearing masks.

That's good to hear.  This Costco is in Marysville where fewer people wore masks even when they were required. 😞  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2