Converting from 2 rooms to 1 post final payment ?

riekl

I'm assuming there is no way to do this but I am now in a CL and in the ideal world would like to move my kids from their balcony to guests 3/4 in my CL.  I doubt Royal would allow this, but thought I would throw the question out there 🙂  

4 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

Best is to call to see what the price difference would be and what the penalty is for cancelling on room. That will give you more information.

They sail in 10 days so the only way to salvage any of the fare is to cancel for an FCC under CWC and hope they can use it within the restrictions of that FCC.

Biker, who will be glad when CWC is gone, so answers to something like this become a bit easier.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

Typically what would happen is you would be canceling the balcony and rebooking the CL from 2 - 4 guests.  These transactions would be with any applicable post final payment cancelation penalties and rebooked at the prevailing rates.

The CWC path mentioned would perhaps work for the balcony and maybe should be compared in terms of net fare value to canceling and rebooking outright, but would not alleviate the potential fare changes with rebooking the CL. 

If a RU bid, it could get ugly to move the kids in and cancel the room.

But if you do not move the kids into the suite officially, they will not get the suite perks.

But if you don't worry about them getting the suite perks, just get them new keys made to access the suite.  No one cares where they actually sleep.

• Like 1

If they had upgraded by paying the current fare, it may be a different upcharge for the 4th, versus in in a low class, Royal Upped to a CL, and then adding the 4th (and repricing from the lower class of cabin)..

1 minute ago, SRF said:

If they had upgraded by paying the current fare, it may be a different upcharge for the 4th, versus in in a low class, Royal Upped to a CL, and then adding the 4th (and repricing from the lower class of cabin).

It's not just a fourth person - the OP wants to move two kids into the suite. Whether they paid MSRP or via RU, probably won't make a diff when trying to add two more.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

It's not just a fourth person - the OP wants to move two kids into the suite. Whether they paid MSRP or via RU, probably won't make a diff when trying to add two more.

He actually wants to move wife and kid 1 to the CL (currently he and kid 2) so wife can get suite benefits.

Edited by Another_Critic

10 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

He actually wants to move wife and kid 1 to the CL (currently he and kid 2) so wife can get suite benefits.

Yes this is what I am trying to do 🙂 

14 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Right, but that doesn’t change the math, will still be repriced to add two folks to the cabin. 

I remember reading on another thread here that if you try to add people to the suite after you win it via RoyalUp they will reprice the suite for everyone at the current market rate. The only people who can be booked in the suite are the people who were booked in the original room that has been upgraded. 

If you booked the suite normally you could add guests 3 and 4 by paying an additional fee without repricing the cabin. But you are not allowed to add guests to a RoyalUp suite. Your only option is to keep both rooms but get extra keys so everyone can sleep in the suite. (But still only two people would have suite lounge privileges).

(Not my personal experience since I have never used RoyalUp, but has been reported by others on this board)

• Like 1

Problem is they booked 1 parent and 1 kid in each room because they kids were too young to be in a cabin by themselves. Presumably their original cabins weren't right next to each other. 

OP isn't very clear in what they're asking making it hard to get answers in both their threads. 

They had 2 balconies with each having only one parent and one kid. One cabin got a royal up bid to the CL. So now he has access to all the suite perks and his wife doesn't. He's trying to rectify it. 

It might be cheaper to just upgrade the other balcony than trying to get the other two in the CL. You'd have to get FCC for the canceled cabin and it wouldn't be available to put them in the CL. Plus since it was a royal up the whole price of the cabin would be repriced instead of just the 3 & 4 passenger rates. 

This is why you read all the terms before you do something. 

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

Problem is they booked 1 parent and 1 kid in each room because they kids were too young to be in a cabin by themselves. Presumably their original cabins weren't right next to each other. 

OP isn't very clear in what they're asking making it hard to get answers in both their threads. 

They had 2 balconies with each having only one parent and one kid. One cabin got a royal up bid to the CL. So now he has access to all the suite perks and his wife doesn't. He's trying to rectify it. 

It might be cheaper to just upgrade the other balcony than trying to get the other two in the CL. You'd have to get FCC for the canceled cabin and it wouldn't be available to put them in the CL. Plus since it was a royal up the whole price of the cabin would be repriced instead of just the 3 & 4 passenger rates. 

This is why you read all the terms before you do something. 

Wow...A good reason not to do an UpBid in these type of situations. Thanks for the details that make a huge difference. Agree...OP should just upgrade the balcony to a GS but that might be pricey at this point in time even if there's one available.

2 hours ago, riekl said:

Yes this is what I am trying to do 🙂 

Just try to get permission to bring her in CK when on the ship.  Moving around cabins at this point will likely be very expensive.  I love coastal kitchen, but it isn’t worth doing that.  You’d be better off just buying a ultimate dining package for the 2 of you and you would come our way ahead.  

Of course, you would probably need to buy the UDP now.   So it is still a dilemma because you might just be able to get permission to bring your wife in CK as your guest (given your son will give up his spot…or so the argument would go).  I think you have a decent chance of this if you tell them your son won’t come in, just your wife.  

Don’t stress on this.  Just assume it will be a no go and anything better is a positive.  That is how I would approach it.  CK is nice, but it won’t make or break your cruise if you are only doing dinners there.  Hit some specialty restaurants instead. 

• Like 1

Not sure where your new cabin is but maybe you can move the balcony close enough to it to allow them to switch the names in the cabins. So your wife replaces your kid in the suite and then the kid goes to the balcony. If they don't have a balcony nearby maybe you can downgrade to an interior near the CL and do the name swap?

Looked at the deck plan and it would have to be on another deck so probably not allowed. 

Edited by death_star
More info

3 minutes ago, death_star said:

Not sure where your new cabin is but maybe you can move the balcony close enough to it to allow them to switch the names in the cabins. So your wife replaces your kid in the suite and then the kid goes to the balcony. If they don't have a balcony nearby maybe you can downgrade to an interior near the CL and do the name swap?

CL is on deck 17 where there are only suites.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I remember reading on another thread here that if you try to add people to the suite after you win it via RoyalUp they will reprice the suite for everyone at the current market rate. The only people who can be booked in the suite are the people who were booked in the original room that has been upgraded. 

If you booked the suite normally you could add guests 3 and 4 by paying an additional fee without repricing the cabin. But you are not allowed to add guests to a RoyalUp suite. Your only option is to keep both rooms but get extra keys so everyone can sleep in the suite. (But still only two people would have suite lounge privileges).

(Not my personal experience since I have never used RoyalUp, but has been reported by others on this board)

That is what I thought, and why I asked the question.

They can all sleep in the suite, but only those booked in the original room will get suite benefits.