Discovery Princess arrives in CA

arizonaperson

3 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

This debacle with the piers just makes me feel better about it all.

You’ll have the same debacle…Discovery is at B50 on 3/27, 4/3, 4/10; 4/17.

Princess still hasn’t notified passengers on the inaugural cruise with the details…maybe they’re too busy with their VIP & TA plans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yes, I anticipated that I would be sailing out of the B50 or that area.  But as I alluded to, I expect Princess to at least have improved their process for embarkation/debarkation the second go round.  And just as important if not more so, I expect a fair amount of inaugural cruisers to chime in on the real life procedures so that I know better what to expect.  Having proper expectations is at least half the battle in just about everything we do in life. 

Hopefully!  The Royal inaugural, even out of 92, was a sh*t show.

8 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Yes, I anticipated that I would be sailing out of the B50 or that area.  But as I alluded to, I expect Princess to at least have improved their process for embarkation/debarkation the second go round.  And just as important if not more so, I expect a fair amount of inaugural cruisers to chime in on the real life procedures so that I know better what to expect.  Having proper expectations is at least half the battle in just about everything we do in life. 

I think that might be an unrealistic expectation with Princess.  They are going to board at an inadequate pier for passengers and then knowing how Princess passengers always ignore the boarding groups, times and instructions they are given leads me to believe it will be a perfect storm for unforgettable chaos.

I hope I am incorrect but I do not see any other way to avoid it unless Princess holds really firmly to their assigned boarding groups and times they have assigned through the Medallion App.

10 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

You’ll have the same debacle…Discovery is at B50 on 3/27, 4/3, 4/10; 4/17.

Princess still hasn’t notified passengers on the inaugural cruise with the details…maybe they’re too busy with their VIP & TA plans.

Someone from our roll call 4/17 posted an email from the Access Dept about boarding. Not sure how to link it, sorry. It's on the last page.

Edited by tonit964
  • Like 1

Discovery Princess
Docked at berth 50
Harbor Blvd, take Miner Street, pass 22nd street until you reach the end (uber/taxis)

PASSENGERS driving in
Parking at cruise terminal (at pier 92 & 93) will be available at cost
Check-in at terminal 93
Guests drop off luggage at terminal 93/loaded in luggage trucks and transferred to ship
Guests once checked-in will then be shuttled over via motor coach from terminal 93 to berth 50 and go through security then boarding ship

PASSENGERS with flights
Guests will be transferred to terminal 93 for check-in
Luggage will be collected at the airport and taken directly to berth 50 for loading

Additional Info:
All Guests MUST check-in at terminal 93. Only guests checked-in at terminal 93 will be able to board at berth 50.
Testing will be made available in the event guests are not able to obtain 48 hours test results.
ADA vehicles will be made available to accommodate guests with transfers.
Port shuttles will be made available inside cruise terminal for guests with walking difficulties.
Parking only at cruise terminal parking lot. NO OVERNIGHT PARKING AT BERTH 50/46.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pro76 said:

Will Elites still have priority boarding?

1 hour ago, c-boy said:

Yes

Hopefully so but with this non-standard boarding process (check-in & luggage at B93 and shuttle to B50) and anyone being able to reserve the earliest arrival group times it could be different for Discovery.

Learned on our 3/27 roll call that some have received emailed notifications about the embarkation procedure at 50. We haven’t received ours yet but have a new notification at the bottom of our Travel Summary. No information about the disembarkation or in-transit procedures.

6AC3F221-B634-4C7B-BDA5-72D3C1D7461B.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1