The Daily for Wednesday 03/23/2022

richwmn

@StLouisCruisersBefore I forget it.... my face still has a numb spot on it and my surgery was in September. I am assured it will go away.........someday. Annoying but I can live with it.

Looks like a nice day here in Durango. I have a meeting at the shelter and hope to find the roofers at work. They seem to have taken the day off yesterday. I know it was a bit windy. Today is quiet so no excuses. On my own home front, I have decided to have my kitchen redone. Will keep the same configuration but I am going to replace cabinets and counter tops which are looking really bad. I know the dish washer needs to go but I am not sure about the other appliances.... they still work but they are old. Hopefully it will be done while I am away at dog shows in May. It would be lovely to come home to a new kitchen. And also am having a a small area between the parking and the building replaced. It is now a weed patch and I am having it leveled and graveled. That was supposed to have been done last summer but was a case of the disappearing lawn service. Hoping for better luck this year.

Take care all. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to those that need them and hoping those of us that don't can keep it that way.

Susan

• Like 26

Prayers for all in need.  Love the puppy and baby pictures!

Anthem of the Seas is sailing along.  Voyage has been exceptionally smooth.  We are in Coco Cay today but arrived 2 hours late due to getting provisions on the ship in Canaveral.  Would rather be late to CC then have food/drink shortages.  But obviously, due to passenger comments, not everyone feels that way.  I try, whenever I can, to remind folks they an itinerary is never guaranteed.   If you sail often enough there will always be changes to itineraries.  Katherine 

• Like 24

Good morning all!

I've never had Melba Toast, it just has never looked appealing to me.  Chips & dip is good in moderation, puppies are cute but I wouldn't want the responsibility or extra work.  DS and DDIL have a very sweet pup, and DD has been talking about getting a puppy, so that's enough for me -- I can get some enjoyment but no responsibility. 😉 

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  We've been to Olympia, I know I posted photos before.  Thank you @GeorgeCharliefor the great photos!  We took a ship tour when we went and were very happy with it.  I wouldn't have been happy with that guide either.  

@smitty34877thank you for the new photo of sweet, adorable Camilla!! How old is she now?  She just gets cuter every day.

I'm trying to take advantage of this lull between traveling and cruises to work on some photo albums of dear Dad's.  He passed away 4 years ago now, and I've procrastinated about doing anything with them.  Then that got me into looking at our genealogy, and since I'm such an amateur, that's been slow going but fun too.  If any of you have hints and tips for me, I would appreciate it!  My Mother's side has been traced back to 1624 in the Loire Valley, France and then to Quebec.  I would love to go back further, but so far haven't been successful.  I started with Ancestry.com, and recently the Mormon Family Search (wow!!)  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

I've never had Melba Toast, it just has never looked appealing to me.  Chips & dip is good in moderation, puppies are cute but I wouldn't want the responsibility or extra work.  DS and DDIL have a very sweet pup, and DD has been talking about getting a puppy, so that's enough for me -- I can get some enjoyment but no responsibility. 😉 

I'll pass on the meal, drink and wine.  We've been to Olympia, I know I posted photos before.  Thank you @GeorgeCharliefor the great photos!  We took a ship tour when we went and were very happy with it.  I wouldn't have been happy with that guide either.  

@smitty34877thank you for the new photo of sweet, adorable Camilla!! How old is she now?  She just gets cuter every day.

I'm trying to take advantage of this lull between traveling and cruises to work on some photo albums of dear Dad's.  He passed away 4 years ago now, and I've procrastinated about doing anything with them.  Then that got me into looking at our genealogy, and since I'm such an amateur, that's been slow going but fun too.  If any of you have hints and tips for me, I would appreciate it!  My Mother's side has been traced back to 1624 in the Loire Valley, France and then to Quebec.  I would love to go back further, but so far haven't been successful.  I started with Ancestry.com, and recently the Mormon Family Search (wow!!)  

Camilla is 9 months old and her grandmother  constantly tells me she is actually 6 months developmentally since  she was born so early.I know this and hope that with therapy she will catch up.She is developing  sitting balance but not rolling or crawling yet.She has a very sweet personality and certainly is well loved!

• Like 24

Good morning and thanks all!  
@mamaofami hope the surgery and new aide both go well.  Your turn for a change.

@smitty34877aw, little baby Camilla! 
@ottahand7that Chile relleno looks great, I’ve never seen them on a ship.

we’ve visited Katakalon many times and Olympia years ago.  Now it’s usually the beach and lunch.

D2017E9A-30B9-4FE9-9F80-746D1C43864D.jpeg

1728EA36-6186-4483-9FE4-A5472BBABA92.jpeg

48870810-3CC6-44B1-B869-278FB5FD5637.jpeg

80E1CC61-ED28-4BF9-AE4D-92EC7B97DAA4.jpeg

BB9FD78B-9BF1-4DF8-A60B-F7E2D3B282EF.jpeg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I haven't had Melba toast in many years. My favorite chip and dip is tortilla chips and salsa. I've never had a puppy. Interesting quote.

I'll pass on the meal and drink, and the champagne I can't afford!

I've been to Greece, but not Katakolon/Olympia. Thanks to all for their pictures.

We had rain this morning; it's now cleared, but more severe storms are forecast for this evening. I was surprised to hear work going on in the alley. There's a big drain in the middle of the alley and the guys said it was leaking. So I think they're putting in new drainage pipes from one end to the drain, which is just past my garage. I need to decide whether to put the car out front this evening or get up really early to do that, as I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.

@kazu Prayers for Jose, you and Marley. 

@dfish Prayers that your medical issues get sorted. 

@mamaofami I hope all goes well with Sam's surgery. Fingers crossed that the new aide is a good fit.

@swin26 Prayers for a successful surgery for your DM.

@ottahand7 I've visited the Swabian area of Germany several times (BFF's family) and love the breads.

@smitty34877 Aww, the smiling Miss Camilla is so cute! Thanks for the picture. Prayers for Tana as well.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe all.

A picture posted by our police chief, in tribute to the 2 state troopers killed in Philadelphia.

image.thumb.png.3b1f611fb966952d3c8e5e3ced0b9648.png

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 22

@StLouisCruisersI had my eyelids fixed and brows lifted (not sure why but the dr. said they needed to be done) Feb. 19, 2021. I still occasionally have twinges from my brow to the top of my head but it's getting much better. It's funny how it can feel numb and then get a sharp zap. But it is so nice to have wide-open vision again. It was another test I'm glad I failed (insurance and Medicare covered it all.)

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning from a cool, and naturally, foggy San Francisco.  We sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge during breakfast in the Lido.  Going out on deck afterwards, I could see the lower supports and the roadway, but not the top of the bridge.  The fog is beginning to lift. 

Our arrival was scheduled for 11 am, and we are still maneuvering into the pier.  Because of our itinerary change, we will be going through immigration here.  They expect it to take until about 1:30 to complete and before we are allowed back on the ship.  We still don't know what we'll do today.

It has been a long time since I've had Melba toast.  We like chips and dips, but since our waistlines don't, we do not have them often.  Puppies are cute, but right now it wouldn't be fair to the puppy if we got one.

Today’s quote is interesting.  We'll pass on the meal, although it looks interesting, the drink and the very pricey wine.

We have been to Kotakolon twice.  In 2016 on the Prinsendam, we stay in town and walked around.  On our second visit in 2019, we took a local transfer to Olympia and toured the ruins and museum on our own.  Back in Katakolon, we visited their small, but interesting museum and were lucky enough to be there during a demonstration.  Later, we had a drink with friends at a restaurant before heading back to the ship.

@swin26  Hope they find a bed and your DM can have her surgery soon.

@puppycanducruise  Hope you don't lose your power during the storm.

@mamaofami  Carol, hoping all goes well with Sam's surgery, and that he has a quick recovery.  I'm very happy you like the new aide and that she liked you.  Sending very positive thoughts that this is the one.  You both are due a break.

@ger_77  Gerry, how nice of you to remember your friend's birthday.

@1ANGELCAT   Hope Houdini gets a good report from the vet.

@smitty34877  Terry, thanks for the new picture of Miss Camilla.  I don't know how she does it, but she gets cuter every time we see a new picture.

@Lady Hudson  Glad you are enjoying your cruise.

Lenda

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@StLouisCruisersI had my eyelids fixed and brows lifted (not sure why but the dr. said they needed to be done) Feb. 19, 2021. I still occasionally have twinges from my brow to the top of my head but it's getting much better. It's funny how it can feel numb and then get a sharp zap. But it is so nice to have wide-open vision again. It was another test I'm glad I failed (insurance and Medicare covered it all.)

My GF had that surgery too, and she was covered as well.  They say if your eyelids droop enough to obstruct any of your vision, that is reason to have it done, and it's paid for like yours was.  I'm looking forward to the sharp zap on top of my head occasionally if it means things are going back to normal.😉

• Like 15

@Vict0riann, thank you for the port update!  We are excited about the addition of Astoria!

@smitty34877Camilla is really getting big!  You can tell by her happiness that she is adored by all who know her.  Thanks for sharing.

@mamaofami, I hope the surgery was quick and successful, and a new aid brings some peace!

My best to everyone, and 🇺🇦

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

Lovely, tornado watch just issued until 10PM for this area. Prayers we all stay safe!

I wonder if it is the same line of storms that will hit NE Florida & SE Georgia? I am just to the SE of the line, so I should be ok. But many other Dailyites are in its path. Stay safe, Vanessa & all those in its path. 

• Like 15

We were called to go through immigration early, and after a long walk, we were cleared easily.  We knew we would have to wait until the ship was cleared, but got a nasty surprise.  Port security said it would be 2 hours before we can reboard.  We think the 2 hours was from the start of the process, but with the CBP, who knows?  At least, HAL gave us hot chocolate. 😀

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Good afternoon everyone and Happy Wednesday! I’m going to pass on everything except puppies and the port. We were in Katakolon/Olympia May 2001 on the Rotterdam. We took a tour much like everyone else and really enjoyed Olympia. 

So much happening today!  I spent some time getting a few things done with my PCC, first we had been waitlisted for a Neptune Suite for our October cruise and after 3 months of waiting finally got one.  Then, and thanks to our roll call, got a small refund back on our June Med cruise. 

@ottahand7 — I love your food pictures!  Question, did you request no sauce on the Chile Relleno?  They are usually served with a light tomato sauce (I love Chile Rellenos!!). This is one I had on the Nieuw Amsterdam.  Maybe it’s a ship to ship/chef to chef difference  6A948886-D8D1-44BE-A95E-27C6B7294D55.thumb.jpeg.7f333418becac955ecca54d1df738460.jpeg

@smitty34877 — Oh my goodness!  Can Sweet Miss Camilla get any cuter?!? BTW, our son didn’t walk until he was 19 months old and he was full term so tell Grandma not to worry about it it too much. 

@0106 — thank you for the video of the cellist. Sad, very sad. 

Vanessa @JazzyV — thank you for sharing the pictures of the troopers. ♥️

@SusieKIslandGirl — the reason why you had to have both your eyelids and brows done are for two different reasons. The eyelid surgery is for excess skin and the brow surgery is for muscle weakness. And the twinges/zaps are good, means you are still healing. (From someone who used to work closely with a doctor who did this type of surgery.)

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser — so nice you sailed under the Golden Gate Bridge during daylight. We sailed under in the dark but it was still beautiful. 
B5ABCEC3-A03F-40E5-8C76-ADE12CBE5B2C.thumb.jpeg.68ddd9d6198717c343a8b007cbacae8e.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

About 1 1/2 hours after leaving the cabin we are back.  At least, next week, we won't have to clear immigration since we stop in Ensenada last. 

I never thought I'd say this, but for intransit passengers, CBP come on the ship in San Diego, which is easy for us.  In December, clearing immigration upon leaving the ship was the easiest it has ever been in SD.  I hope I just didn't jinx us n3xt week.

@Sharon in AZ  The picture of the bridge at night is lovely.  It was so foggy this morning we really couldn't see the bridge.  We'll see it tomorrow 🤞since we sail at 4 pm.  

Lenda

• Like 20

Evening all, well today is not a good day, Houdini did ok at the vet but Socks his brother became suddenly very sick. My usual vet was unable to see him and had to go to emergency vet. He wax in liver failure and in pain. Sadly, she wasn’t able to save him and Socks has crossed the Rainbow bridge.He was 14, and we called him  our spokescat 😢

62B587EF-436E-454B-A691-C25D74351ACD.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 16