Tuscan grill first night offer

catspaw1

Hi all, Celebrity has a special for $30 each for the Tuscan the first night. When do we get to choose the time? How can we know before we pay for it that it will be a time acceptable to us? Is the Tuscan worth it?  Thanks everyone.

When you do the booking in the cruise planner before you pay, you will see the available times and can select your time.  If there isn’t a time that works for you just don’t complete the booking.

Edited by jelayne
Typo

4 hours ago, catspaw1 said:

Hi all, Celebrity has a special for $30 each for the Tuscan the first night. When do we get to choose the time? How can we know before we pay for it that it will be a time acceptable to us? Is the Tuscan worth it?  Thanks everyone.

Timing question has already been answered…

Re is Tuscan worth it? If you are on an S class ship then definitely! So nice to see the sea first night of your cruise. We tend to book as they open so we can secure a window seat. Lovely if it combines with just as you leave port as you then get to enjoy seeing the port disappear into the distance whilst perusing your menu, watch day turn to night as you enjoy your entree and are sipping coffee as it becomes dark. M class ships do not have the view.

Re the food. Think steak and pasta venue. Lovely soups and a good selection of starters, steak, chicken and fish entrees with choices of sides. Rib eye reliably very nice. If you get around to desserts there is a good selection to enjoy with a liqueur and speciality coffee.

We tend to visit a couple of times per cruise…

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

Timing question has already been answered…

Re is Tuscan worth it? If you are on an S class ship then definitely! So nice to see the sea first night of your cruise. We tend to book as they open so we can secure a window seat. Lovely if it combines with just as you leave port as you then get to enjoy seeing the port disappear into the distance whilst perusing your menu, watch day turn to night as you enjoy your entree and are sipping coffee as it becomes dark. M class ships do not have the view.

Re the food. Think steak and pasta venue. Lovely soups and a good selection of starters, steak, chicken and fish entrees with choices of sides. Rib eye reliably very nice. If you get around to desserts there is a good selection to enjoy with a liqueur and speciality coffee.

We tend to visit a couple of times per cruise…

Can you choose your table when you book or do all the tables have good sea views? 

3 hours ago, cbfb said:

Can you choose your table when you book or do all the tables have good sea views? 

You can’t pre book tables but if you book start of service and arrive promptly on S class ships then you will usually  get a window. The tables further away still have a sea view but obviously are further away from the window. Later in the evening more hit and miss…Window seats are usually two guests only.

• Thanks 1

Well Tuscan was booked completely the first night with the special offer. I asked for the offer another night & they would not do it. So, we will not be eating there unless we get an offer upon boarding. They lost us as customers if they can't accommodate people for another night at the special rate. IF we had tried it & liked it, we would have been more inclined to book another dinner. Now we won't. Their revenue loss.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Well Tuscan was booked completely the first night with the special offer. I asked for the offer another night & they would not do it. So, we will not be eating there unless we get an offer upon boarding. They lost us as customers if they can't accommodate people for another night at the special rate. IF we had tried it & liked it, we would have been more inclined to book another dinner. Now we won't. Their revenue loss.

First night has always been the deal…not such a deal if they offer it other nights..

• Like 1

Check the reservations desk as soon as you board; we have always been accommodated regarding time and restaurants on the first day. We also tend to go ahead and book all of our reservations at speciality restaurants at times we want (or special menu events); we then make adjustments as the cruise goes on if needed. 

I love these forums.  Life isn't fair, and we are not entitled to everything.  They offer the sale on the first night because it is less popular.  I made reservations right away.  I did the same when the excursions went on sale.  Sorry you are so upset.  Ya win some, ya lose some.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry you can’t book the offer. In all fairness they do need to limit numbers of discount bookings at this stage to ensure that guests who book dining packages and higher suite guests with unlimited speciality dining can get access. It is possible nearer to your cruise date some more vacancies may become available so worthwhile trying to book again. 

It is likely sometime during your cruise they will offer discounts on evenings they are quiet. Pop by the restaurant and ask if they have any discounts for other nights. Alternatively ask the M’D of the MDR if he can find out for you if the speciality restaurants are offering any deals. If you are willing to dine early or late you are more likely to get a bargain.

We have been on cruises where discounts have been readily available and others where it has been difficult to get a reservation (let alone a discount)  because many guests had booked dining packages. All comes down to supply and demand. 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 1

Is this first night deal offered on every ship, every cruise?

We've only sailed once on Celebrity before when it was offered in the planner, but so far on our Beyond cruise in June it hasn't been offered 

• Like 1

I got an email months before our June 2 cruise, offering the first night discount at Tuscan.

Booked it the next day and was able to get our preferred time.  Like many offers, when they sell out, that's it. 

Sometimes you might see a crew member outside the Ocean View Cafe offering discounts to certain restaurants for certain days, but not always.  Good luck.

I've already booked Tuscan first night for 2 but our friends are joining the cruise.  I have no idea what time they get, obviously they will try for the same time (8pm).  If not, could we ask on board about sitting together?

I picked 8pm thinking we could see the first day entertainment at 7pm, if there is one.

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Is this first night deal offered on every ship, every cruise?

We've only sailed once on Celebrity before when it was offered in the planner, but so far on our Beyond cruise in June it hasn't been offered 

It is not offered on every cruise.

On some cruises, it will be offered -and when fully booked, it is removed. As in the case of  the OP. If you snooze, you lose.

• Thanks 1

Please note we only booked the cruise last Sunday. If I had known how full the ship was, I honestly would not have booked it. We booked OV & there was a lot of availability. But I failed to research how full the other cabins were & looks like they are pretty well booked. So if you have booked far in advance that's great but we always book a few months out only so won't get any of the offers.

6 minutes ago, catspaw1 said:

Please note we only booked the cruise last Sunday. If I had known how full the ship was, I honestly would not have booked it. We booked OV & there was a lot of availability. But I failed to research how full the other cabins were & looks like they are pretty well booked. So if you have booked far in advance that's great but we always book a few months out only so won't get any of the offers.

Do you know what is the maximum passenger count and roughly how many are on your ship?

26 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Do you know what is the maximum passenger count and roughly how many are on your ship?

No idea on passenger count but a quick check to see what's available shows lots of OV left, only 60 inside left, no AQ, no Concierge, less than 20 balcony. So full

We were on the Edge in January and in a Royal Suite with unlimited dining package.  However, our friends travelling with us were not in suites but approached almost daily at the lunch buffet and offered reduced rates in specialty dining.   They joined us in Raw on 5 for $35 pp (all-inclusive) and one joined us in Eden for $30.  It's really dependent upon each sailing and popularity of the specialty dining venues.