The Daily for Sunday 03/27/2022

richwmn

24 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

However I heard Jen is trying hard to do her therapies, and is working on trying to walk with a hemi walker.  I'm not sure what the difference is in walkers, but if she can stand and move again we will all be very excited.

A hemi walker is designed to be able to be used with just the use of one arm. They are a wonderful tool for stroke victims and much more stable than a cane.

I noticed @smitty34877 already explained.

Edited by HAL4NOW
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

On December 7, 2018 the Pacific Princess stopped in Palermo on our way from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrYACWBZGuvY0IbkKdQV85?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391408

Having never been there before we decided to take a very long walk to see as much as we could see that day.  We ended up walking about 5 miles.  Way off on a far mountain was this huge building.  We definitely didn't want to walk all the way over there!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkObwtg1pAnu9eTO9BaVTx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546387395

Some streets were so congested with scooters it would be impossible to use them for any other purpose.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb-n4sdACdIoPknUkdRmL6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391415

We saw the Teatro Massimo, the opera house, with masses of poinsettias on the staircase.  Beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4L0yc5tAG3XcDVvtM0m_Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391422

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK65kF-a1klEg4ZyPDyp0tj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391422

We went to an intersection called Quattro Canti and on each corner was one of these buildings with a fountain at the base of them.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTP1SsJNySI3sPKnbWbXPv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391457

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5zlTPuD7F3cXPvt9ZddOM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391439

Quattro Canti means four corners and it's a favorite among visitors.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8EDIagu1HVWQjbb3xLpKB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391436

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-r0CACIrAqRM9IGciatlf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391475

One beautiful and very large building was the Palermo Cathedral.  It's so big you have to stand across the street to get a photo of it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMSIqZCJvRD1Nv1cBzFIPK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391497

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhHGYVtW8RulMH_wSj0X17?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391492

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLITHCy3KEwgU0aWwHnJz-g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388448

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEtvJfyBQXc0Coz6ayLH6q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388446

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeTnfrA8hHhYcVZEGt-mY9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391515

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLF8HUD2r19wZ12LuyZ5U2P?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388456

Back to the ship.  Thank goodness for all that exercise.  It helped to keep the weight off!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3mdUBjGqWJNC_KzeFZEmy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391433

• Like 24
  • Thanks 12

• World Theatre Day (WTD) is an international observance celebrated on 27 March. It was initiated in 1961 by the International Theatre Institute . Initiation World Theatre Day was initiated in 1962 by the International Theatre Institute (ITI). It is celebrated annually on 27 March by ITI Centres and the international theatre community.

Once again however I have been watching too many WWII movies, and when I read theatre I was thinking European theatre...and well;...

funny-cat-snow-army-helmet-cigar.jpg

I never got to the vines yesterday, Formula 1 and 2, took over and there i was watching too much TV again....

f5d2f246bd0b188f991e3c15b3bf6c53.jpg

Today doesnt look like much of an improvement of activities either.  But I am going to make my favorite sandwich, a Reuben, and dinner tonight is the teriyaki shrimp with zucchini and rice, that I have procrastinated making.    

I will come back and finish reading today, later tonight.

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 27
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone. So sorry to hear about our dailites who are testing positive with covid but thankfully have mild cases.

Yesterday, our aide just packed up and walked off the job. The agency director was astonished he would do that without a replacement but was then dumbfounded when I told her about his arrest for physically assaulting his wife. The state renewed his license  and there was nothing on his background check. We know that his wife was here for only 4 months and they had a baby so she probably didn’t press charges and although he was in jail for 3 days, he wasn’t convicted. Now there will be an investigation by the state into the fact that he got a renewed license and that the agency also didn’t pick up his arrest record. Happy he is gone. Tomorrow we get the new lady from the country of Georgia. Hopefully this is the end of a ten month nightmare. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 28

Thank you to @smitty34877and @HAL4NOWfor the explanation of the hemi walker.  That makes perfect sense for Jen because she was already disabled on her right side when she fell and fractured her skull, etc.  It would be wonderful if she could learn to walk again.  I don't know how her cognitive abilities are doing.  They don't discuss her condition as much now, and I hate to be nosy so ask only occassionally.  They are all very busy helping her anyway.  Thank you for all the help understanding friends!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. So sorry to hear about our dailites who are testing positive with covid but thankfully have mild cases.

Yesterday, our aide just packed up and walked off the job. The agency director was astonished he would do that without a replacement but was then dumbfounded when I told her about his arrest for physically assaulting his wife. The state renewed his license  and there was nothing on his background check. We know that his wife was here for only 4 months and they had a baby so she probably didn’t press charges and although he was in jail for 3 days, he wasn’t convicted. Now there will be an investigation by the state into the fact that he got a renewed license and that the agency also didn’t pick up his arrest record. Happy he is gone. Tomorrow we get the new lady from the country of Georgia. Hopefully this is the end of a ten month nightmare. 
Stay safe everyone,

Carol

I assume you have no aide today so it will be a rough day,  I hope some of your children can help.

Roy

• Like 21

We were in Palermo December 31, 2010, during our Brilliance OTS Med/Egypt/Suez Canal/Dubai cruise.

@StLouisCruisers(Sandi) has already shown photos of the city, but I will fill in what they did with the poinsettias for New Year's Eve.

When we arrived in port it looked like this:

IMG_0034.thumb.jpg.a364f0091a9e43dd546c3c38ace0f5d1.jpg

As we were leaving:

DSC00088.thumb.jpg.bb3ed0b4c7e888f4dd952d64ce8a6181.jpg

Kay

• Like 25
  • Thanks 9

Good morning and Happy Sunday.

Happy “Joe” day to all the Joes.  My father was Joe as is my half-brother.  

Happy Mothers’ Day to all my UK friends who are mothers.

Don’t go to the Theatre much around here.  Not many choices.  Best choices are in Charleston and that would really require an overnight.  Maybe now that we don’t have any obligations we may be able to do that.

Wine looks good but will pass on the drink and the meal.

I have been to Palermo but not on a cruise.  Back in 1984 my mom and I took a tour of Italy and then flew to Palermo the land of my ancestors.i was young and brave at the time.  I rented a car.  Those were the days before GPS and cell phones.  The car rental company gave me a map of the city of Palermo but not the surrounding area.  So I kept driving and did not know where I was going.  i finally got off the highway and stopped on a street and my mother (who spoke Italian) asked for directions.  A very nice man offered to show us.  So he hopped in the back seat of our car.  I was scared out of my wits.  He was going to the train station, which was near our hotel and he got a free ride and we got to our hotel.  Not without a lot of angst.

The next day we went to the town of Ventimiglia di Sicilia where my grandmother was born.

Then the next three days were awful.  I came down with the flu and spent the time in bed until we flew home.  

So that is my time in Palermo.

I was supposed to visit Palermo on my October 2020 cruise, which, you guessed it, was cancelled.

One day I will go back.

Prayers for all who need them—especially those who are on cruises and have come down with COVID.  

Prayers for Jacqui, Tana, Buddy, Jen, Pauline, and everyone else who needs them.

Cheers for those celebrating.

Lots of things to do today.

We leave a week from tomorrow.

Take care everyone and stay safe,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.   So sad to hear about COVID continuing to rear its' head.   Healing thoughts and prayers to all that are battling it.  @aliaschiefsorry you are limping along with no silverware.  After reading all the stories about quarantine  we stashed the napkin silverware rolls from our room service.  Thankfully we never had to use them.   

@kazuI know the feeling of divesting Marley's food and bedding.  My 19 year old Maine Coon had a lot of food, it was part of the COVID shortages, especially brothy cat food.  I also stashed a lot of litter because that was hard to get at the store.  My sister with 5 cats got my largess, my brother's old cat got the heated bed.  Litter boxes, crates and joint supplement.  Oh my.  

Having a cup of Joe now and I agree with Roy,  I will lift it in a solo toast to our Prez.   Theatre is great - it has been a long time mainly due to COVID.   I had a wonderful mother.   The Roti looks wonderful, another Midori drink, I think I would double up the Cruzan and leave it out.   I would like the wine.  I am starting to look into wine tours on our Argentina and Chile visits on our next cruise.  Palermo, I hope in the future.  Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures.   

Prayers for all on Roy's care list.   🙏

Yesterday was a bad day electronically.  My local paper blocked my online subscription a day after I had paid in advance for another 6 months.  Then in the evening I was kicked off Facebook.  It said due to content.  All I do is post bird, cat, flower, bear and food pictures.  I asked for a review who knows how long it will take.    Happier things - memories of Fort Lauderdale last month.   Happy hour at the Boatyard near our hotel and our favorite place in FL Kelly's Landing about 2 blocks from the Boatyard.   Oyster shooters and tacos.  Kelly's onion rings, Ipswich clams and lobster roll.    A wonderful way to get ready for a cruise.   

Boatyard shooters tacos 21222.jpg

Matua Kellys 21222.jpg

Kellys.jpg

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 24

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I don't know any Joes; or is this about coffee? I enjoy theatre. Happy Mother's Day in the UK

Great quote.

The roti canai sounds interesting, along with a curry dish. I like the drink. The wine sounds good. I still need to make my corned beef and cabbage, but don't feel up to it today.

I haven't been to Palermo. Thanks for the pictures.

It snowed some overnight, and looking out a few minutes ago it was snowing so hard I couldn't see across the street. Only about 2" out there. Well, that 4th Moderna shot kicked my rear end. By bedtime, I couldn't get warm, had a headache and chills. I got into bed, piled on blankets plus a heated throw. Finally about 3AM I stopped shaking from chills. I slept fitfully. This AM I just have a headache, so the worst is over.

The 3rd eaglet has hatched. Another interesting thing is that my strawberry plants in the garage are growing, even though I neglected them (no water all winter).

@grapau27 Thanks for posting Father David's sermon. I'm glad Pauline is feeling better.

@kazu Prayers for Jose and you. I'm sure the house seems empty without Marley. Safe travels to the hospital.

@aliaschief Sorry to hear that Sue tested positive as well. Hoping both of you have only mild symptoms.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sad to hear that Buddy is still in a lot of pain; I hope his doctors can do something to alleviate it. It's good to hear that Jen is working hard on her therapy.

@mamaofami Wow on the aide just up and leaving. I hope the new aide is great.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers.  Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Having never been there before we decided to take a very long walk to see as much as we could see that day.  We ended up walking about 5 miles.  Way off on a far mountain was this huge building.  We definitely didn't want to walk all the way over there!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkObwtg1pAnu9eTO9BaVTx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546387395

Sandi when we were there in 2011, we were told it had been a hotel at one time.  I wonder what it is now (and that was 12 years ago).

• Like 15

9 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

I don't know any Joes; or is this about coffee? I enjoy theatre. Happy Mother's Day in the UK

Great quote.

The roti canai sounds interesting, along with a curry dish. I like the drink. The wine sounds good. I still need to make my corned beef and cabbage, but don't feel up to it today.

I haven't been to Palermo. Thanks for the pictures.

It snowed some overnight, and looking out a few minutes ago it was snowing so hard I couldn't see across the street. Only about 2" out there. Well, that 4th Moderna shot kicked my rear end. By bedtime, I couldn't get warm, had a headache and chills. I got into bed, piled on blankets plus a heated throw. Finally about 3AM I stopped shaking from chills. I slept fitfully. This AM I just have a headache, so the worst is over.

The 3rd eaglet has hatched. Another interesting thing is that my strawberry plants in the garage are growing, even though I neglected them (no water all winter).

@grapau27 Thanks for posting Father David's sermon. I'm glad Pauline is feeling better.

@kazu Prayers for Jose and you. I'm sure the house seems empty without Marley. Safe travels to the hospital.

@aliaschief Sorry to hear that Sue tested positive as well. Hoping both of you have only mild symptoms.

@StLouisCruisers I'm sad to hear that Buddy is still in a lot of pain; I hope his doctors can do something to alleviate it. It's good to hear that Jen is working hard on her therapy.

@mamaofami Wow on the aide just up and leaving. I hope the new aide is great.

Prayers for the Care List, Ukraine and its people and helpers.  Cheers to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Thank you Vanessa.

Sorry to hear you had quite a bad reaction to your 4th Moderna jab but hopefully you seem to be over the worst now and you will feel a lot better quickly.

Graham.

• Like 15

Good morning all!

We have no Joes in our immediate circle, my great grandfather was named Joseph and I think DH has a couple cousins named Joe.  Haven't been to the theater since before Covid.  Happy Mothering Day in the UK!

Will pass on the red wine, drink and meal (not fond of curry).  We were in Palermo on a Holy Land cruise with Celebrity in 2011 with DS and DBIL.  We took an excursion to the Temple of Segesta and to  Erice, it was a beautiful day.

I feel so bad for our cruisers with Covid, especially those in quarantine.  Also at the dismal treatment that Tony @sailingdutchyhas gotten.  Hoping that improves soon.

Sailing to Palermo

1476791065_PortofPalermo.thumb.jpg.2ef6c58e6628a014fd73fb68dbf81ee4.jpg

Palermo.thumb.jpg.3813b00d2e4fa27cca04b1b8260f3c65.jpg

1433070222_BeachPalermoday.thumb.jpg.ab4524696c82306a7e15263b04a9f935.jpg

1223670679_Palermoclouds.thumb.jpg.c3a17ec7e0b26540c87f05e7d835be95.jpg

The Church of Assunta in Erice

1893146596_ChurchofAssuntainEriceSicily.thumb.jpg.024f6af15c28902b1838d480eb206a6b.jpg

Temple of Segesta

1511549434_TempleofSegesta.thumb.jpg.18da78b05fd5593b1955b5553afdb521.jpg

395834493_TempleofSegestatop.thumb.jpg.774bd27919b5c4b71d066558f310d109.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today’s care list:

RIP  PA Troopers Branden T Sisca and Martin F Mack March 21
Strength for Jacqui as she mourns Marley and waits for a suitable facility for Jose

Sailingdutchy, Paulette, and aliaschief with Covid
Strength for Marshawk and DH
Tana with rough nights
Rosby DH in hospital
Buddy still having trouble getting food down despite slow improvement
From the rotation:
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Ukraine
Welfare of furloughed crews
Hartgrove older sister with aggressive cancer

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Rotterdam

rdm0327.thumb.JPG.f00704c23e40a02428b53e418c1b6d5b.JPG

and Nieuw Statendam in Everglades

ns0327.thumb.JPG.f08d1ca0ebdd0c0b437f511581dd6b34.JPG

Noordam in service April rather than May
5 BHB with passengers
My booking confirmation for July cruise
Jose on a waiting list for a good facility
Cruzin Terri good numbers and diagnosis for DH
3 days for Crazy for Cats (Eurodam 3/30 to 4/10)
Bon Voyage  Vict0riann(4/9) , Live4cruises and AV8rix (Koningsdam 3/27-4/10)
 Quartzite Cruiser (Koningsdam to 4/3) and NorseH20 and dchip (Zuiderdam to 4/3),Aliaschief and Dwaliaschief (Rotterdam to 4/3),   Lady Hudson (Anthem OTS to 4/3), Overhead Fred and  sassy-one (Nieuw Statendam to 4/6),  at sea
Welcome home DeeniEncinetas
A new Camila photo better than ever
4th jab for srdancer and JazzyV
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Thank you for today's lists Roy.

Graham.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On December 7, 2018 the Pacific Princess stopped in Palermo on our way from Venice to Ft. Lauderdale00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJrYACWBZGuvY0IbkKdQV85?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391408

Some streets were so congested with scooters it would be impossible to use them for any other purpose.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIb-n4sdACdIoPknUkdRmL6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391415

We saw the Teatro Massimo, the opera house, with masses of poinsettias on the staircase.  Beautiful!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL4L0yc5tAG3XcDVvtM0m_Y?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391422

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK65kF-a1klEg4ZyPDyp0tj?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391422

We went to an intersection called Quattro Canti and on each corner was one of these buildings with a fountain at the base of them.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKTP1SsJNySI3sPKnbWbXPv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391457

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK5zlTPuD7F3cXPvt9ZddOM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391439

Quattro Canti means four corners and it's a favorite among visitors.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8EDIagu1HVWQjbb3xLpKB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391436

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-r0CACIrAqRM9IGciatlf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391475

One beautiful and very large building was the Palermo Cathedral.  It's so big you have to stand across the street to get a photo of it.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMSIqZCJvRD1Nv1cBzFIPK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391497

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKhHGYVtW8RulMH_wSj0X17?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391492

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLITHCy3KEwgU0aWwHnJz-g?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388448

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEtvJfyBQXc0Coz6ayLH6q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388446

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKeTnfrA8hHhYcVZEGt-mY9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391515

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLF8HUD2r19wZ12LuyZ5U2P?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546388456

Back to the ship.  Thank goodness for all that exercise.  It helped to keep the weight off!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK3mdUBjGqWJNC_KzeFZEmy?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546391433

Excellent photos thanks Sandi.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

This morning Sue tested positive and we are trying to get her back here to isolate with me. Barb SIL was negative but wants to join us and we all isolate together. We’ll see! Balcony good book great view and I bought a bottle of Crown Royal! What else do I need!😎

Oh no!  So sorry to hear Sue has also tested positive.  😔 A bottle of Crown Royal sounds like a good plan.  You might need 2 before this ends.

3 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Thanks for the heads up about getting culinary utensils. Eating eggs Benedict on styrofoam with wooden utensils is not the best!

An important tip for future cruises.  Take a set of silverware from the Lido 😉 and keep handy in case of quarantine 😉 

2 hours ago, smitty34877 said:

@kazu,Jacqui, your friend  sounds  wonderful as it had to be hard looking at all the dog paraphernalia  in your home.

She is a good person.  She actually suggested I keep everything because “you know you’re going to get another dog” (her words).  I said no, not now.  Wouldn’t be fair to the dog with me tearing to the hospital and she kindly made the trip to pick them up.  I really appreciated it.

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

An extra thanks and a hug to Jacqui for her memes today, and I have to say you are a very strong person to go on doing all that needs to be done with all the sad events in your life these past few months.  I admire your spirit!❤️

Thanks but I don’t feel very strong.   I don’t have a lot of choice.  I’m just doing the best I can when I can. 

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Hopefully this is the end of a ten month nightmare. 

I pray this is truly the end of your 10 month nightmare at long last, Carol and you love your new aide from Georgia 🙏🏻 

39 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Well, that 4th Moderna shot kicked my rear end. By bedtime, I couldn't get warm, had a headache and chills. I got into bed, piled on blankets plus a heated throw. Finally about 3AM I stopped shaking from chills. I slept fitfully. This AM I just have a headache, so the worst is over.

So sorry to hear this 😔 Hopefully the worst is over and you will feel much better fast 🤞 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JazzyV said:

The good news is that you know your immune system got the wake up call.   Your chills remind me of my mystery illness last June.  I didn't think I would ever stop shaking.  

• Like 17

Good Afternoon All, most of the house cleaning is complete.  I’m now taking bets on how long before someone coughs up a fur ball.😅

We just completed an at home Covid test provided by the government.  Both came out negative.  I’m hoping that relieves some of the stress surrounding the testing requirement.  The test that counts is tomorrow.

• Like 24

Good morning and thanks all!  appreciate the photos of Palermo,  thanks.   We enjoyed our visit there pre digital photos.  If you get the chance also visit nearby Monreale for stunning mosaics.  

@mamaofamiglad your new aide comes tomorrow, praying they are much better.  
@HAL4NOWthank you for your wise words. 

We saw a bluebird yesterday, seems early and our local owls are nesting and we’re hooting at each other last evening.  

C20CB1C3-0A06-40B2-B68B-BE41EB739730.jpeg

7C177B79-A21C-4D4A-A657-CFA7FCAFC495.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning from a very dreary San Diego.  It is very overcast and windy, so I'm glad we decided to stay on board today.

There are no Joes in our family or circle of close friends, but we've known a few including DSIL's father, a truly remarkable man.  It's been a long time since we went to the theater.  I hope all mothers in Britain are enjoying Mothering Day.  @grapau27  Graham, thank you for the explanation of the day.

I like the Albert Einstein quote.  Unfortunately, I think as we grow up, we lose some of our ability to use our imagination.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.  I think we'll go to either the Pinnacle or Canalleto tonight.

We have been to Palermo two or three times, and the most recent was in 2019 on the Veendam.  We visited the Catacombs, and yes, @4966and556 they are a little creepy but interesting.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm sorry Sue tested positive, and I hope Barb continues to be negative.

@kazu  You have a very nice and thoughtful friend.  Stay safe on the roads.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm sorry Buddy still has so much pain and hope there is a solution for it.  I can't help thinking that Jen's cognitive abilities are improving since she is working hard to learn to walk again.

@mamaofami  Carol, I can't believe the aide just walked away yesterday.  At least now, maybe he'll lose his license and not be inflicted on others.  Hoping the new aide is all you hope she will be and your ten month nightmare will be behind you.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, hope you're feeling better today.  Good news about the third eaglet hatching.

I've enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Palermo.

Lenda

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We have no Joes in our immediate circle, my great grandfather was named Joseph and I think DH has a couple cousins named Joe.  Haven't been to the theater since before Covid.  Happy Mothering Day in the UK!

Will pass on the red wine, drink and meal (not fond of curry).  We were in Palermo on a Holy Land cruise with Celebrity in 2011 with DS and DBIL.  We took an excursion to the Temple of Segesta and to  Erice, it was a beautiful day.

I feel so bad for our cruisers with Covid, especially those in quarantine.  Also at the dismal treatment that Tony @sailingdutchyhas gotten.  Hoping that improves soon.

Sailing to Palermo

1476791065_PortofPalermo.thumb.jpg.2ef6c58e6628a014fd73fb68dbf81ee4.jpg

Palermo.thumb.jpg.3813b00d2e4fa27cca04b1b8260f3c65.jpg

1433070222_BeachPalermoday.thumb.jpg.ab4524696c82306a7e15263b04a9f935.jpg

1223670679_Palermoclouds.thumb.jpg.c3a17ec7e0b26540c87f05e7d835be95.jpg

The Church of Assunta in Erice

1893146596_ChurchofAssuntainEriceSicily.thumb.jpg.024f6af15c28902b1838d480eb206a6b.jpg

Temple of Segesta

1511549434_TempleofSegesta.thumb.jpg.18da78b05fd5593b1955b5553afdb521.jpg

395834493_TempleofSegestatop.thumb.jpg.774bd27919b5c4b71d066558f310d109.jpg

We did the tour to Segesta and Erice same year, 2011, but with the Noordam.   We remember that as a very special day, too -- a highlight of a pretty long cruise in the Med.  

Thanks for the great photos.

• Like 18

Good morning all, perfect temperature here in S D, for me, anyway, low 60’s.  Looking forward to boarding early , I hope.  Last I heard, Tony and Martha were still waiting to be disembarked  and to be sent to their quarantine hotel.  Good reminder, though, something to do early on- stash some cutlery!  (And maybe that helps as an insurance policy - like taking an umbrella so it won’t rain.)

We we have enjoyed all our Sicily ports, and love Palermo and surroundings.  Can’t get at photos right now.  Pat might have a curry tonight if we get to Tamarind, but  I don’t think they have roti.  

Jacqui, I know how hard it is getting rid of pets’ belongings.  Five years on, and DD still has all of our Bella’s things.  She keeps threatening to give it all to the SPCA, but it hasn’t happened yet.  I think you are wise to wait to get another dog, until things are more settled in your life.  Now you can concentrate on yourself and Jose.  

We have a taxi booked for 11, checkout time, and will head for the port.  I don’t imagine we will be able to board, but maybe they will take our bags.  So I will bid you all farewell for now, as I don’t know when we’ll have internet, Lenda will keep in touch!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Good morning all, perfect temperature here in S D, for me, anyway, low 60’s.  Looking forward to boarding early , I hope.  Last I heard, Tony and Martha were still waiting to be disembarked  and to be sent to their quarantine hotel.  Good reminder, though, something to do early on- stash some cutlery!  (And maybe that helps as an insurance policy - like taking an umbrella so it won’t rain.)

We we have enjoyed all our Sicily ports, and love Palermo and surroundings.  Can’t get at photos right now.  Pat might have a curry tonight if we get to Tamarind, but  I don’t think they have roti.  

Jacqui, I know how hard it is getting rid of pets’ belongings.  Five years on, and DD still has all of our Bella’s things.  She keeps threatening to give it all to the SPCA, but it hasn’t happened yet.  I think you are wise to wait to get another dog, until things are more settled in your life.  Now you can concentrate on yourself and Jose.  

We have a taxi booked for 11, checkout time, and will head for the port.  I don’t imagine we will be able to board, but maybe they will take our bags.  So I will bid you all farewell for now, as I don’t know when we’ll have internet, Lenda will keep in touch!

Wishing  you  a great  cruise and stay  safe.

Jim.

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

I'm getting ready to check out of Wyndham in a few minutes.  Going to drop luggage at pier, then walk over to Rite Aid 'cause I just realized that I forgot to pack lip balm.  I also have early boarding and VeriFLY so checkin should be a breeze.  Seeya at the Mariner reception if I don't see you at the pier.  Again, I'm all in orange.

And I'll bet that the rest of our Dailyites are happy that we're finally going to board the ship and shut up about our personal roll call 😀😀.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5