Last straw on Cut backs

Tablelamp

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

Too right ,I'm thinking of taking a distress flare in with me next time :classic_wink:

If Lord Dyson is reading this, we won't need towels. Just one of those hot air blowers that are used at the car wash............... there's a thought. Pop the whole family down to the car wash every few days. Sorted.🤔

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Molecrochip, are P&O making a note of all these little things which clearly mean a lot to some of their passengers?  If so perhaps they could use their social media channels more efficiently to acknowledge they know people are missing these things but reassure they'll be back as soon as circumstances allow. 

It is very much a case that other lines who are following the same protocols and problems but it seems able to offer the little treats and perks their guests like.  

Respectfully @Megabear2, the socials team have bigger things to be dealing with at present.

Lots of the changes are temporary such as no photographers, no turndown service, hot room service breakfast options missing, restricted groups in the childrens' club. A lot of these changes are to do with not having the full complement of staff on board. This enables more staff to have their own cabin. Different cruises lines have approached this differently and different ships have different percentages of cabins for 2 crew members in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Using a towel that you have already used once before for either a shower/bath is very unhygienic.

So do you change your towels at home twice a day? I would hate to see you electric bill. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Respectfully @Megabear2, the socials team have bigger things to be dealing with at present.

Lots of the changes are temporary such as no photographers, no turndown service, hot room service breakfast options missing, restricted groups in the childrens' club. A lot of these changes are to do with not having the full complement of staff on board. This enables more staff to have their own cabin. Different cruises lines have approached this differently and different ships have different percentages of cabins for 2 crew members in the first place.

Thank you for your reply.  I'm sure they are indeed intended to be temporary. However the longer it goes the more they will look permanent to those who are worried about them - personally I don't really care but a lot of commentators clearly do. There's also a risk that these displaced passengers who are booking on the other lines will find these  "missing" little extras onboard their new ship choice and decide not to come back, although judging from comments over the past year many have already discovered this.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Using a towel that you have already used once before for either a shower/bath is very unhygienic.

I agree with you @majortom10.

We would never re use a bath towel after a bath or shower.

Pauline brings her own towels for her face and we will re use hand towels a couple of times.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:25 PM, grapau27 said:

There was used towels containers in the corridor that I put ours in to and I got plenty of  fresh towels from the towel trolley.

I'm very impressed. I haven't seen the towel trolley on Britannia for my last three cruises.  I even resorted to taking a couple of pool towels at Christmas after a mishap in the bathroom one evening leading to only one dry hand towel and no response from our steward to a request for some dry ones (no doubt off doing those extra duties as we never saw him after 3.00pm the whole time we were onboard).  The amusing thing was my request for a bucket of ice which mysteriously appeared every day around 4.00pm and arrived outside our door as if by magic.

The other thing that I found funny was if a cleaning trolley was parked in the corridor it was locked.

• Like 2

The ones on a cruise ship that I dislike are the ones who have forgot what a towel 

actually is used for . The times we have passed people on a early evening who have 

dressed up but from the body odour have been nowhere near a shower let alone a 

towel. :classic_unsure:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, zap99 said:

If Lord Dyson is reading this, we won't need towels. Just one of those hot air blowers that are used at the car wash............... there's a thought. Pop the whole family down to the car wash every few days. Sorted.🤔

You joke, but Vancouver's Stanley Park has, or maybe had now as we haven't been for a few years,  a children's  walk through dryer in the water park area. Perfect to dry the children off! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, molecrochip said:

I for one will definitely not miss the photographers.   They are a pain in the proverbial.  I hate being approached at the dinner table whilst eating by someone wanting to take pictures.

• Like 13

13 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thank you for your reply.  I'm sure they are indeed intended to be temporary. However the longer it goes the more they will look permanent to those who are worried about them - personally I don't really care but a lot of commentators clearly do. There's also a risk that these displaced passengers who are booking on the other lines will find these  "missing" little extras onboard their new ship choice and decide not to come back, although judging from comments over the past year many have already discovered this.  

You were given a ‘corporate’ answer to your suggestion, which shows again that the customer is at risk of being ignored. It would be so simple to  reassure passengers as you suggested, but they have apparently bigger things to do. I always thought that socials were meant to communicate!  

• Like 5

My husband had a severe case of Cellulitis about 15 years ago and spent a fortnight in hospital. As a builder, he always used to shower every day and use his own towel but would possibly use it twice, depending on the work he had done. Anyway, his doctor told him then to always use a clean bath towel every day and also to wear clothes just once before washing them, especially trousers. Anything to eliminate the possibility of further infection. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

You were given a ‘corporate’ answer to your suggestion, which shows again that the customer is at risk of being ignored. It would be so simple to  reassure passengers as you suggested, but they have apparently bigger things to do. I always thought that socials were meant to communicate!  

I thought that as well. It appeared as if the company isn’t listening to the customer and that they can’t be bothered with feedback 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

You joke, but Vancouver's Stanley Park has, or maybe had now as we haven't been for a few years,  a children's  walk through dryer in the water park area. Perfect to dry the children off! 🙂

We didn't see that, but To be honest I was more interested in avoiding the hot air from the rear of  the horse pulling us along.🤣

15 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We didn't see that, but To be honest I was more interested in avoiding the hot air from the rear of  the horse pulling us along.🤣

I speak from decades of horse ownership - it's only recycled grass  😄 - it's got to exit somehow, as horses are physically unable to be sick.   Which is probably just as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I thought that as well. It appeared as if the company isn’t listening to the customer and that they can’t be bothered with feedback 

P&O havent done that for a long time way before Covid reared its ugly head.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

You weren't give a corporate answer. You were given my answer - my opinion. It doesn't show you are being ignored, its my observation that things such as communicating about cruise cancellations and covid protocols are higher priority.

In a corporate world its difficult to reassure passengers that a turn down service will return when you don't know when that will be possible. I am however sure that once it is, it will be communicated in some form. Doing so before then just risks disappointing passengers if dates change. However the changes were originally all under a banner like 'same cruise, a few reassuring changes' which set out covid protocols and some temporary changes.

Do people demand the manager of Waitrose explain why they have changed the layout of products on the shelf or if the fresh pasta counter will reopen post Covid? It seems odd that some passengers expect cruise lines to justify and explain every decision they make when they can't hold other organisations to such account.

But trust me on the feedback, it is rigorously poured over and considered.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Do people demand the manager of Waitrose explain why they have changed the layout of products on the shelf or if the fresh pasta counter will reopen post Covid? 

Yes. Extremely frequently, believe me. Everyone who has ever shopped is an expert on retailing, just as every passenger is an expert on cruise ship operations 😉 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

You weren't give a corporate answer. You were given my answer - my opinion. It doesn't show you are being ignored, its my observation that things such as communicating about cruise cancellations and covid protocols are higher priori

Is this addressed at me as it was my original question ? If so case of mistaken identity  I never commented about your answer corporate or not.  I am a little surprised if it is intended for me, particularly as I chose not to comment on your answer...

On the subject ot towels, yes I confess I do like a clean towel in the eveing but I'm on holiday and I want to be looked after better than I loo after my self at home maybe? 

No I don't change my towels daily but it's so much easier to do that now with our electric eating washing machines and driers. My grandmother (and my mother and even myself in my youth) had to wash by hand so washing  towels every day was never going to happen. I'd be surprised if she had more than 1 or 2 towels. She got her first washing machine when she was 80 and then my mother inherited it. It saved us from the long weekly walk to the lauderette, suitcase (remember the old heavy ones now classed as 'vintage'?) in hand , struggling to carry the family's weekly wash. There was no way we could carry more than 1 towel per person, along with bedding ( flanalette sheets!) Enough of the good old days, eh? Now we just have first world problems. 

• Like 9