The Daily for Friday 04/01/2022

richwmn

2 hours ago, Rowsby said:
My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

While our family is grieving....we have wonderful memories....this is one of them.....a 14 day cruise to Alaska with his brother and one of our sons....

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

Rowsby, Deepest sympathy to you and your family.  May God be with you all in this time of loss.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rowsby said:
My husband peacefully passed away yesterday.....after 18 long but well cared for days in the hospital.....

While our family is grieving....we have wonderful memories....this is one of them.....a 14 day cruise to Alaska with his brother and one of our sons....

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I'm so sorry to hear this news. My prayers are with you and your family. Hang on to the good memories!

Edi

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

👍Thank you for The Daily, Rich @richwmnand also to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration Lists.

😥I'm so sorry to hear your news @Rowsby.....please accept my condolences! 🙏Continued prayers for all others in need and to the brave citizens in Ukraine.

Katie

20220401_072835.jpg

Edited by garlictown
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

@Rowsby

I'm desperately sorry to hear your extremely sad news.

Our prayers 🙏 and condolences to you and your family.

Love from Graham x and Pauline x

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The fallen Lebanon officer has been identified as LT William Leno. He was 63 with 40 years of service, was supposed to retire on May 1st.💔😢🙏

So sad after such a long career.

Roy

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

🙂Happy April Fools Day!  It has been many years since a student has been able to fool me but he got me today.  In the middle of class a student (who should not have been on his cell phone) shouted out , "They traded Lamar Jackson."  He then proceeded to tell us that the Ravens had traded him to the Eagles.  It was such a detailed story that we all believed him.  When he said April Fools, we were all relieved and happily fooled.🤣

• Like 10
  • Haha 13

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

So  sad  to  hear  this. May  the Lord grant  you  all comfort. My  prayers are  with  you.

May  he RIP.

Jim.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

First, I was very sad to hear of @Rowsby's loss.  Please accept my deepest condolences on the loss of your husband.

Every April Fool's Day I remember back to when that was the due date for our first child.  Thankfully he wasn't born that day, but the joke on me was that he took so long I finally had him induced on the 11th 😉  At 9 1/2 pounds he definitely was ready!

I never learned how to tat, neither DH or I have ever lived close enough to work to walk.  I'm sure there were days I had fun at work, but most days probably not.  Have never been to the port.  The wine, drink and meal all sound good today.  I like my salmon with lots of garlic and lemon. 🙂  

Our news today is that DS and DDIL finally have the keys to their house.  I posted last month about the lawsuit a neighbor brought against the seller and realtors.  That lawsuit was dropped after a couple weeks, but the title company then refused to insure the mortgage, calling it a "risk" because of the lawsuit.  So they had to start all over.  What a mess that neighbor has caused, the seller and realtors weren't able to get their $$ and DS and DDIL couldn't start renovations on the house they were buying.  Today DH and I will be able to finally get a tour of the house, we're so happy and excited that their lives can move on now!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Glad you have wonderful memories to help sustain you during the difficult days ahead.

@Rowsby - I am sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and family.

Susan

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aliaschief said:

We peruse the MDR menu every day and nothing really stands out. The David Burke Prime Rib would have been a choice but the thought of eating it out of a styrofoam box just didn’t fare well. So most meals have been to survive not necessarily savor and enjoy.

Burgers and dogs and fries from the Dive-In seem like the type of food that would be fine for delivery in a Styrofoam box. Maybe some of the tasty Asian food from the Lido would also work. 

Could someone smuggle a plate into your room that you could wash and reuse?

• Like 16

4 hours ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

I am so sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing the picture of the Alaska cruise and I’m sure you will remember many other memories that will comfort you. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

The fallen Lebanon officer has been identified as LT William Lebo He was 63 with 40 years of service, was supposed to retire on May 1st.💔😢🙏

Why do these very sad things have to happen?  I feel so badly for his family who were looking forward to his retirement, as he was.

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, irishjim said:

So  sad  to  hear  this. May  the Lord grant  you  all comfort. My  prayers are  with  you.

May  he RIP.

Jim.

And at least according to our noon news another officer is still in critical condition.  I hope it does not become 2 officers.

Roy

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit. @Rowsbyso sorry to hear about your DH. I hope your family can take comfort in your memories and the prayers of your friends on the Daily. Thanks for sharing this with us. 
Prayers for LT Lebo, so sorry that he was needlessly taken just a short time before retirement. 

Well, it wasn’t an April Fool’s joke. Our Volendam cruise was cancelled 😢 but the ship will be put to good use housing Ukrainian refugees in the Netherlands 😃

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all. The first words out of my mouth this morning were not "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit" but... "Bandit, get off of my face!!" For some reason the little guy needed a very early morning walk. He seems to feel ok now, and is happily sleeping away. I, on the other hand, have been up since 4:45.

Weather here is good and the roofers are roofing away. The contractor hopes to have all the exterior work done by April 14. Then we start on interior floors and eventually, new kennels. Whole project will be taking about 1 year.

No doctor's appointment for me today so I will be trying to bring my house back under control. Lots of laundry and floor mopping in my immediate future.

I got a surprise yesterday. Last August I was notified of a package delivery by USPS . I have a locked mail box. Trotted out to box....no package. Searched all surrounding porches and bushes... no package. Complained to PO... they said it was delivered and even opened up the whole unit to see if it was there in another box. Nope. Had paid, vendor refused to refund since PO showed it delivered. So..... that was $40 down the tubes. Well, guess what was in my mailbox yesterday afternoon.... and unopened. Glad to have it... and only 7 months late.

Edited by durangoscots
typo
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rowsby said:

Doug - Alaska cruise.jpg

My condolences for your loss and prayers of comfort and peace for you and your family.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

🐇🐇🐇

Good morning everyone and Happy Friday.  Craig is off to the White Mountains and tonight DGD is coming over for two nights. We will have a good time. 

The “rockets” were on everyone’s avatar today. Not sure what they mean. I know the hand wave one is for new members. 

I love watching lace making and have fond memories of of the lace on Burano. 
image.jpeg.6a82a4d658066014a7188e2e1cdce113.jpeg

Sad to hear about the 3 police officers in Lebanon, PA and the one who passed away so close to retirement. ♥️

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23

Good Afternoon. Thanks for the Daily. Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

Happy April Fool's Day! One of the favorite Steelers players got people on Twitter, saying he'd been released from the team. I tried tatting once to make a doily; too hard. Being retired, no work to walk to or have fun at.

Great quote. I'll pass on the meal (don't do most fish), drink and wine.

I haven't been to Indonesia.

It's cold here today, with some rain and snow flurries. I was hoping they'd do the top coat on the alley today, but nothing (I don't think it's finished). Going out to an early dinner with BFF; it's too cold to sit outside, so hopefully not many people in the restaurant at 4PM.

@rafinmd I like the new picture. Thanks for maintaining the lists.

@kplady Thinking of you today, as you undergo your knee surgery. 

@1ANGELCAT Yes, another tragedy for PA police.

@aliaschief Sad about the way the meals come. Prayers that you and DW test negative.

@Rowsby Oh, so sorry to hear this news. My condolences on your loss. Prayers for you and your family.  And I'm glad you have wonderful memories to bring you comfort.

@Cruzin Terri FIngers crossed for negative PCR tests for you and DH.

@marshhawk I hope Fawn will be ok.

@Cruising-along Good news on DS and DDIL getting the keys to their house! That neighbor sounds like a real piece of work!

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine and its people and helpers. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3