Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

13 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Nev

Ive been told it’s the old protocol issued in the US…for Americans.

I though maybe Celebrity just copied the US one to the UK website.

just clicked on the UK website on the App.

I just looked for the 4/21 cruise from Southampton an on the US app only shows this. 

2764CBF0-2281-446C-9142-4994913C2883.thumb.png.759e504a5de1271e4eb8630ad5918466.png

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Jim

Click on ‘Visit our ….health centre’ it takes you through,then click on ‘Healthy at Sea’.

Thanks -   I have gone there before but in the U.S. it is just the old boiler plate we have had for the Carribbean Season.      They did add a link for  the TransAtlantics only with different rules for each cruise dependent of the itinearary.      When I choose the link For Overview of Protocols by homeport country it just has U.S. and Gallapagos listed.

The TA protocals are at this hard to find link -

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

image.thumb.png.9be7ba77bd118c54780ad1c1847bcb68.png

I just called the Zenith desk and they said they had not yet released the protocals for the cruises originating from European Ports.      While they could be totallly different than the TA regulations -  I have a suspicion that the testing for the cruise with a stop Spain will require testing 1 day prior to departure.   (Totally a supposition on my part).   

Celebrity did say that they hope to have the protocols out shortlly but things are changing fast.  

Yahoo...  My watch just vibrated and we all  know what that means.    A Credit Card charge was just made from Celebrity --    Haven't received a notification yet but looked at my reservation for the April 21 Spain/Portugal/France and we were upgraded to a RS (16 days out).  

I told Iain last night I thoght we had been upgraded as my bid went pending and the PH was expired.   The REALLY good news is it is the same suite we have on the 3rd cruise.  

image.thumb.png.5c12f79f1e8219a63fd69f7cb182c623.png

• Like 35

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yahoo...  My watch just vibrated and we all  know what that means.    A Credit Card charge was just made from Celebrity --    Haven't received a notification yet but looked at my reservation for the April 21 Spain/Portugal/France and we were upgraded to a RS (16 days out).  

I told Iain last night I thoght we had been upgraded as my bid went pending and the PH was expired.   The REALLY good news is it is the same suite we have on the 3rd cruise.  

CONGRATS!!!...and enjoy!

Susan

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Congrats and enjoy! In your experience, do you feel that being Zenith gives you better odds at being successful with move-up bids? Just curious what might factor into X's algorithm.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

We use Kaiser as our health care provider so have to pick up our prescriptions at Kaiser facility (or have our them mailed to us). 

OT: My brother works at the Kaiser Central Refill Pharmacy. Thank you for helping to keep him employed. 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Out on my final walk on Stevens Creek Trail and Starbucks break.    Will be relying on Al Bacio for awhile for my caffeine fix. 

A290365A-0DDE-4AFC-962B-17587E763DBC.thumb.jpeg.0533f7a745d4d9407ea47e34adb1967d.jpeg

3E376EFE-A92D-4142-915D-6E46F7EF3230.thumb.jpeg.d961d668a134239d9751468e694b8430.jpeg

9C85E762-21F7-4CBC-AD18-EAB7DDA3F21D.thumb.jpeg.2a31feb7caec0e59be1556ac2a1b0bac.jpeg

Think of the money you will save with all the free expressos!!! 

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Woohoo. 🤞the upgrade fairy may yet see you right for the TA leg.

• Like 1

Dear Jim_Iain,

Have a wonderful, fun, tasty, exciting and peaceful trip/trip/trip.  Your reviews are epic and your prose delightful.  The only upside I can see by not cruising on our own is to follow you on your cruises and the fact that our waistbands won't get tighter as the days go by and we don't have to pack/unpack.  Thank you so much for taking the time to make us feel welcome.  You rock!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MamaFej said:

OT: My brother works at the Kaiser Central Refill Pharmacy. Thank you for helping to keep him employed. 🙂

They do a fantastic job.    Usually only takes one day to receive a refill (at no additional cost).   Pass on my compliment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DUTRAVEL said:

We are late to the party - see what happens when you don't read Cruise Critic for a few days. Henrietta and I will be following along (we met you on the Millennium in October). Have a great trip!

Thanks much and give Henrietta a hug for me.   She is such a wonderful companion and helper.    I definitely remember you and Henrietta.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Jim, do you know yet if you're allowed private tours and to go off on your own in Bermuda?  We're going on the Summit June 2 and curious.

So far there has been no word that private tours will be restricted.   As good as Celebrity has been with communications nothing would surprise me.  

I'll make sure to publish what the give us once aboard.

Jim

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, peanut head said:

Dear Jim_Iain,

Have a wonderful, fun, tasty, exciting and peaceful trip/trip/trip.  Your reviews are epic and your prose delightful.  The only upside I can see by not cruising on our own is to follow you on your cruises and the fact that our waistbands won't get tighter as the days go by and we don't have to pack/unpack.  Thank you so much for taking the time to make us feel welcome.  You rock!

Glad you're aboard.   I always enjoy these threads and they can definitely go off topic.  Mostly when it comes to everyone's recommendation of reading material. 

If you haven't figured out I'm a huge fan of Detective and Forensic thrillers.  

Jim,

I am happy to report that I just saw Fre being served in Luminae so hopefully there will be plenty onboard for your B2B2B.

Your favorite desert is no longer on the menu at Cafe al Bacio but if you order it by name you can get it.  Despite my efforts, they still have all the ingredients

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim,

I am happy to report that I just saw Fre being served in Luminae so hopefully there will be plenty onboard for your B2B2B.

Your favorite desert is no longer on the menu at Cafe al Bacio but if you order it by name you can get it.  Despite my efforts, they still have all the ingredients

I am now intrigued.  @Jim_Iain: what is your favorite dessert item at Café al Bacio, now available only to the cognoscenti?

Tom & Judy