Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

28 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Alls go.  Iain also tested Negative.   The strange thing with the test,  after the stringent controls to test you read your own results.  Not too bad for this long of a trip.   Iain has one more carry on still to arrive. 

17160CA7-FD6E-452D-A0CC-B69B6EF35049.thumb.jpeg.3d4d9d64dcd1d294328e25fbdeac212c.jpeg

Congrats and have a wonderful trip. Love following your travels virtually!

37 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

How do you pack that light for a month?  Sure, you have laundry service, but still............

I had twice that much luggage for my latest ten-night cruise!  Okay, fine...I am a chronic over-packer.😆

That suite bag really hold a lot more than it looks.  I usually use one without wheels as it holds more,   In that Suit bag alone we have 2  Suites, 14 dress shirts, 16 sports shirts, 2 pairs of shows, 14 pairs of socks, Bow Ties and some electronics. 

I'm sure it is much more difficult for a lady with all the shoes and accessories to put together.  They weighed in at 45 and 47 pounds.    I have a hand scale that really comes in handy to make sure they are withing airlines limits.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That suite bag really hold a lot more than it looks.  I usually use one without wheels as it holds more,   In that Suit bag alone we have 2  Suites, 14 dress shirts, 16 sports shirts, 2 pairs of shows, 14 pairs of socks, Bow Ties and some electronics. 

I'm sure it is much more difficult for a lady with all the shoes and accessories to put together.  They weighed in at 45 and 47 pounds.    I have a hand scale that really comes in handy to make sure they are withing airlines limits.

How about flying to Chicago and helping me pack for my next trip?  

• Haha 5

Arrived at SJC.  Only a 2 minute wait for Uber and a quick 12 minute trip to airport.  

Kinda quiet at checkin and no line at TSA pre.  Our flight is totally sold out and waiting area packed. 

53F255CE-6B43-4C94-BE04-B8D0C4BB3902.thumb.jpeg.0deb6b6040ec4962e2b704adf3f15c4b.jpeg

A72CBE92-C800-49E3-9F97-9792477303A4.thumb.jpeg.7ef4034c19fb176a1b5effb2d5f734c6.jpeg

• Like 1

Have a safe flight.  We are still keeping a close eye on the Silhouette to make sure she is ship shape for your arrival on Friday.  

Our plan is to try and be the last off the ship.  We have a 1:23 pm flight and United will not let us check our bags in until around 1000.  

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow!  Sounds like a miracle bag 😜

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

Of course you will. We both tested negative yesterday and our ready for our 8 May sailing that's if X gets round to publishing the European requirements. Geoff.

Glad to hear it and hope you’re both feeling better.

Tested negative at FLL this morning. Uploaded result to Bermuda form, nothing back from them yet.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Jim

Your favorite desert is no longer on the menu at Cafe al Bacio but if you order it by name you can get it.  Despite my efforts, they still have all the ingredients

I also found this out on the Connie...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the penguins said:

PS my cousin served in the Royal Navy starting as a boy sailor at 15 and retired as a Lieutenant Commander.

Well, not everyone can join the Royal Air Force, and the Royal Navy isn’t a bad second choice 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Tigrou said:

Glad to hear it and hope you’re both feeling better.

Tested negative at FLL this morning. Uploaded result to Bermuda form, nothing back from them yet.

Still got the cough and are very tired ( more than we expected). Keep in touch Geoff

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Have a safe flight.  We are still keeping a close eye on the Silhouette to make sure she is ship shape for your arrival on Friday.  

Our plan is to try and be the last off the ship.  We have a 1:23 pm flight and United will not let us check our bags in until around 1000.  

You may want to consider doing curbside check-in and give the porter a couple of bucks.  We've often used this approach when the airlines won't let you check your bags early.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

In their photo outside the terminal you will see “0” skycaps.   We have found the same number at Dulles and BWI.   Believe they are having severe staffing shortages and few folks want to work for low hourly wages and meager tips.

The only place I've ever seen skycaps in an airport is in the baggage claim area.

• Like 1

We always find luggage assistance at baggage claim outside of the U.S.   Haven’t seen any skycaps in Baggage claim in Dulles, BWI, SFO, Tampa or Miami.   At least when taking Amtrak to NYC they always have great red caps to help with your luggage and even get you a taxi.   Works well for catching a cruise from the New York area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

You may want to consider doing curbside check-in and give the porter a couple of bucks.  We've often used this approach when the airlines won't let you check your bags early.

Thank you for that suggestion.  I will have to see if curbside checkin is available.  I cannot recall ever using it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

51 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Thank you for that suggestion.  I will have to see if curbside checkin is available.  I cannot recall ever using it. 

It worked for me just last week. I wanted to check my bag early, leave the airport to have breakfast locally, but the counter wasn’t open yet. A Sky Cap noticed me at the counter (open air airport in Lihue) and he came and offered to check my bag at curbside. That deserved a nice gratuity, and he put a priority tag on my bag (first to be unloaded at my destination), even though I was flying economy on that flight. 👍

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Jim - Great job!

Delta allows two 70 lbs bags p/p for First Class - we can easily pack that much, but can't lift the bags afterwards, so we stick to the 50 lb limit as well.

We just returned from our first cruise in 2+ years, and I am delighted to have your Live to follow for the next 3 weeks to keep the buzz going. Hope you have fantastic cruises and a delightful visit with Iain's family as they join you for a leg. Kay

• Like 1

Making our way to FLL.   Delta had an attentive crew and a nice lunch  service.  

A28C9E16-9890-4912-8B5A-B729AAAAC71F.thumb.jpeg.5106c6f6239210bed6bf4dc41fb51a1d.jpeg

We arrived Atlanta on time but got an alert our next flight is 30 minutes delayed.    

We probably have the longest connection possible coming in at terminal A and Departure from F.   Since we didn’t do our walking 🚶 today we walked.   Really interesting walk for sure. 

55F06C8B-C343-42C8-831D-C20D67C90525.thumb.jpeg.dbb66b797f17ee99088ddfd210825b56.jpeg

2231557A-12BF-41BC-A264-85709AF23B48.thumb.jpeg.d956fbd7c7dd0a61efd0af691d7d2e9b.jpeg

really quiet at our gate but 1 hour 30 minutes until departure. 

D3339617-FF84-4BA2-A156-8E0442042B33.thumb.jpeg.ab960e9f8dc2e250fb237f28261423ba.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1