Jim_Iain – Silhouette Live Post April 8, 21, 30 - B3B - TransAtlantic, Portugal Spain, France and the Norwegian Fjords

Jim_Iain

53 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We invariably book all our speciality dining pre cruise now

On our 30/07/22 cruise, Ist night at Specialty Restaurants have been at a reduced rate (35% off) for at least 2 months. 

However, I see that has now changed, to 10% off.😱

Also the addition of Trio dining ( 1 lunch and 2 dinners).

Not seen that before and I do look regularly, as I am waiting for an excursion in Marseilles to be added.

860B8AA1-2BEC-46DB-825A-CB002C991790.thumb.jpeg.443a9f7d4f163dd7af3a94c1225ad27c.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

On our 30/07/22 cruise, Ist night at Specialty Restaurants have been at a reduced rate (35% off) for at least 2 months. 

Not seen that before and I do look regularly, as I am waiting for an excursion in Marseilles to be added.

860B8AA1-2BEC-46DB-825A-CB002C991790.thumb.jpeg.443a9f7d4f163dd7af3a94c1225ad27c.jpeg

They have had Trio dining before, just no catchy name! We did it on a longer cruise when we were in Blu and had many sea days. The lunch is a great break, especially if there a lot of sea days to pick from for the lunch.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Worrying moment this morning..   My daughter sent me a text at 1:30 AM my time that she was in the Emergency Room with a large blood clot in her leg.   Quite a worry as her 35 y.o. cousin died from a clot last year.   I didn't see the message until when I got up.

Good news  -  I called her and she said they had her on blood thinners and released her after a long day in the ER and had just gotten home.

It' always a concern when you travel that something may happen back home. 

So sorry to hear about your daughter, hopefully she is on the mend!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Worrying moment this morning..   My daughter sent me a text at 1:30 AM my time that she was in the Emergency Room with a large blood clot in her leg.   Quite a worry as her 35 y.o. cousin died from a clot last year.   I didn't see the message until when I got up.

Good news  -  I called her and she said they had her on blood thinners and released her after a long day in the ER and had just gotten home.

It' always a concern when you travel that something may happen back home. 

I agree with you Jim, that while travelling, there is always a concern for what happens at home. Therefore, I am sorry for this concerning moment involving your daughter's health!

I am glad to hear that she is out of the hospital and that this event seems to meet the saying : " all is well, that ends well."  This said, I wish her, a prompt return to stable health with the help of the blood thinners. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Spotted this out the window.   Solentfort.com 

would be  wild getaway but currently closed. 

388D76A8-4D00-4899-A134-30AC202B5A9A.thumb.jpeg.c28ea0f274b1c057651de9bf7f14d484.jpeg

I had lunch on this fort a couple of years ago with a group of friends - fabulous experience

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Been to Honfleur beforee and like you loved it .   The decision may come down to what the weather is like

Years ago we took one of the worst tours of our life to the Alabaster Coast.   The problem was the guide.    We stopped at the B&B factory and she read the pamphlet to us.

The good side that redeemed the day for us was our next stop  of Côte d'Albâtre where we were given 3 hours to explore the town and Alabaster Cliffs on our own.   We hike to to top and waled along the cliffs.   Inedible  days of just enjoying nature and the wonderful hikes and views.     That could also be an option. 

We took the train to Rouen and had a great day there.

Short story about our trip to Rouen, we rented a car and parked in a garage. When it came time to leave we couldn't figure out how to pay to get out. Finally we saw a car with right hand drive--ah a Brit, speaks English--they helped us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

We were there a few days ago and managed to sneak some pictures. 

20220418_100705.jpg

20220418_100730.jpg

20220418_100606.jpg

20220418_100538.jpg

It never ceases to amaze me when people “sneak” pictures when specifically advised to picture taking.  Why would you do that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I think it has to do with demand.    On current cruise

2,200 British

300 Americans

Lots of families with kids and Tweens

Last night was a mess in Luminae and some waiting for tables in Retreat at 7:30. 

Murano was fully booked and is almost fully booked on both Chic nights.  

I know generalizations are difficult but do English generally dine late?   Iain is from Scotland and is a late diner but at least his family tend to eat early but most of them were rather elderly.

You can answer an interesting question.  

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Beautiful white cliffs of Etretat, facing the English Channel...such a gorgeous excursion from Le Harve.  Of course, our weather was perfect!  

As you may have just read they cancelled Le Harve.   Now Bruge is on our sights.

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I know generalizations are difficult but do English generally dine late?  

Not me, 7pm is the latest for me. 
I think it depends on jobs and age.
We have Select booked and I often am too late to book 7pm.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

2,200 British

300 Americans

Last night was a mess in Luminae and some waiting for tables in Retreat at 7:30. 

I know generalizations are difficult but do English generally dine late?   Iain is from Scotland and is a late diner but at least his family tend to eat early but most of them were rather elderly.

I think in the main dining room it revolves around the theatre. Most popular theatre show is the 9.0pm therefore the most popular dining is 6.30 to 7.0pm. 

We always pre-book Select for 6.30pm.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

2,200 British

300 Americans

Amazed about the kids/tweens as the school's are not on holiday

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not me, 7pm is the latest for me. 
I think it depends on jobs and age.
We have Select booked and I often am too late to book 7pm.

I’m not permitted to put dinner on the table until 7pm.   But I only cook every other day. 

• Haha 6

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So far no plans for La Havre.    Definitely would not go to Paris (too far away).

We heard that La Have port area and town has really changed from just a big commercial port that we last saw.    We may just go to La Havre on our own and possible grab a train somewhere (unknown as of yet:. 

I was tempted to sneak a picture or 2.   It was so dark in there I'm sure I could have gotten away with it. 

I did accidentally hit the shutter button in the Chapel.   Darn that button -- at least my phone didn't flash.

DEEA0CCE-C3BF-495E-A2AE-46CDF125CDAA.thumb.jpeg.974352cb6a87ad12c26b4d9b4ccba457.jpeg

89A3027D-FFC6-4740-A5FF-7BBF81B203E8.thumb.jpeg.c8786f39a06f0583e1440ab2351dcb9c.jpeg

B7EE1D3F-6CBF-47B8-ABED-DFFD18735149.thumb.jpeg.852f6a41be087e945cc5ab2983fce431.jpeg

Jim - If you have the time and have never visited the Mont Saint-Michel, it's about 2 hours drive from LeHavre and I would highly recommend.  For many, many years I worked for a large, French corporation and was able to travel about a lot in France while I was there.  The Mont Saint-Michel was one of my favorite places.  

• Like 3

Jim - thoroughly enjoying your review and always tend to lurk (until now!) . I am a Scot (originally from Ayrshire) and like to dine early. At home usually between 5.30 and 6 and on Celebrity, usually 6 / 6.30. Enjoy your b3b and stay safe! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

2,200 British

300 Americans

We generally eat 6.30 to 7pm at home. If going out to dinner, 7 to 8pm. We always had late seating on cruises but now trying select as would prefer around 7pm. As we get older we are find 8 to 9pm a little late 

• Like 1