The Daily for Sunday 04/03/2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. We did a good deed yesterday because it was the new aides birthday. It was too cold to eat outside so we ordered food in and ate on Happy Birthday plates. Music is good for the soul. Sometimes you need the lyrics and sometimes the music. Sam says we now have MaryPoppin living with us. 
I love rainbows but haven’t seen one in a long time.

We have so many on our care list . I am praying for all of them to be well.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Happy belated birthday to your nice new aide Carol.

Screenshot_20211019_100324.jpg

• Like 17

Good Sunday morning.  A cool dreary day but at least it wasn't frosty when I went out to feed the birds.  Last night a giant raccoon was climbing the siding to get to my suet feeder.   I was able to scare it off with a couple of firecrackers.  Not the little frail one that comes during the day.   

I will try to do some good deeds today.    We had a lot of fun finding rainbows on our cruise this year.  Lots of opportunities in the Caribbean.   Music is excellent for relieving pain, different genres for different types of pain.  I love rice pudding but haven't had it in years.  I think the last time I did it was the version with the sweetened condensed milk.  Another winner of a drink and a wine.  

@StLouisCruisersThank you for sharing the pictures of the Beagle Channel.  We are so looking forward to seeing it next year on the SA cruise.  I think you said you will be onboard too.  You must love the area to have been so many times.  

Prayers for all on Roy's care list and the people of Ukraine.   🙏

After attending U NC Chapel Hill I was thrilled to see them beat Duke even though it was Coach K's last game.   I am still off Facebook no sign of getting back on, I have no idea what I did.  I did a lot of research and it appears I can open a new account with a library computer or a burner phone but FB may use facial recognition to kick me off again.   I guess I will do what I always do, share cat videos, bird and flower pictures.    I am going to sign up for TikTok so at least I can continue to get funny cat videos.   Think spring!!   

bees and Helenium 9420.jpg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

It's another overcast day here, with a high of 50 F.  Rain coming in tonight.  

Interesting collection of days today.  I'll pass on the drink and wine, also the meal.  Tonight we'll be having Sweet & Sour Chicken, Lumpia, and birthday cake to celebrate DS's birthday (plus finally getting possession of their house after waiting 2 1/2 months!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

• Like 21

Good Morning, Daily Family!

A big thank you to all who contribute.  Cheers to those on the celebratory list and healing thoughts to those on the (too long) care list.

I also posted photos when the Beagle Channel was last the port of the day, but thought since this is also Find a Rainbow Day, would re-post this one.  It was taken from the sun room of the Los Cauquenes hotel outside Ushuaia where we spent two nights prior to our Antarctic expedition cruise on Quark's ship Sea Spirit.  The view is over the Beagle Channel looking toward Ushuaia airport.  (Taken 11/6/2014)

Kay

DSC00259.thumb.jpg.1ee5783840ab48104448c30fe59fc0e4.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites!  Another weather backwards for the south, cool this morning, warming with rain in the week, and temps falling again next weekend.

Thank you for the prayers for the feral Fawn, I gave up trying to get her out of hiding under the front shrubbery, and for two nights I put her carrier out with her favorite "binky" (blanket) in it, and she did crawl in and sleep there.  Yesterday morning, I found her asleep on the back patio in her chair, I kept taking her favorite snacks out to her and she would eat some,  and this morning she was at the back door, and when I put the regular kitty crunchies out, she went and ate.  Progress!  She is still limping, but not as badly.  On Friday evening, after our dinner with our friend (?) who again didn't show up.... I was able to pick Fawn up and almost got her on the porch, but my blood sugar was way too high, and I guess my blood pressure was too, and she slipped out of my arms when I tried to get her on the porch and she landed in the firewood tub.  This certainly didn't help matters, and now I was the hated one,  and since I am the only one she lets touch her, it's back to earning trust again.

I called our friends who cruise with us, and told them about the new cruise we booked, they said they were interested, and will talk about it.  This is the couple where the wife is losing her memory, and is argumentative all the time.  I think it is easier for them to cruise with us, as he can get away with the DH and let me be with her for a while.   Give him a break.

Well, I tried to find a charming cat with rainbow picture, but had no luck, so I am posting one of my favorite pictures of all time.  I even have the puzzle.  Gotta run, have to make the salad for the book club today, the book was The Midnight Library.  I really enjoyed it.  Have a great day!  Oh, and I went to the symphony last night.  DH got two free Vet tickets, they performed two new pieces...and then Scheherazade.  It was fantastic-Spano conducting.

DDWmaYV.jpg

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 2

Very cool to pull in to San Diego alongside the Disney Wonder and to peek across the Wonder’s back deck and admire the Konigsdam. We are ready to disembark the Zuiderdam & hope that we will have an opportunity to travel again with the fine Zuiderdam staff. 

37F96722-5E57-42E2-A109-C7E6BEF2F77E.thumb.jpeg.f12311ae40709a35e73a7600719658e6.jpeg

Edited by Norseh2o
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, all! I’m trying to picture the look DH would give me if I served rice pudding as tonight’s dinner.🤔

We cruised the Beagle Channel on the Amsterdam on the 2020 GWV. We docked in Ushuaia overnight, and enjoyed a beautiful sunset over Tierra del Fuego.

8494F0B4-2F45-49EE-9B8E-301D62482DEA.thumb.jpeg.ff2fab7c459b1d105488562c40a20aab.jpeg

D44DCCF9-F7DC-4DE6-BE04-672DB9AE7F4F.thumb.jpeg.8cc2b642f73fd682d5a169708a3147ab.jpeg

I’ll keep,it brief because the gremlins are flexing their muscles already.

Happy Sunday, and I’d rather watch this rain from the Crows Nest of a BHB!
DE894979-56CA-4A26-84C9-B0E72C429DC3.thumb.jpeg.a74ce9c57e60e41d1d3de7d85eb036a3.jpeg

• Like 25

9 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

Very cool to pull in to San Diego alongside the Disney Wonder and to peek across the Wonder’s bow and admire the Konigsdam. We are ready to disembark the Zuiderdam & hope that we will have an opportunity to travel again with the fine Zuiderdam staff. 

37F96722-5E57-42E2-A109-C7E6BEF2F77E.thumb.jpeg.f12311ae40709a35e73a7600719658e6.jpeg

The Zuiderdam is our favorite Vista-class ship. We sailed aboard her in 2018 on the "Jewels of the Baltic" cruise and are booked to sail on her again in 2023 for the "British Isles" cruise.

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Mr. Boston said:

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Nice collection of days although I’m reminded of the saying that no good deed goes unpunished.  They’re still important though.  I like the quote but sometimes a piece can trigger a painful memory.  The meal suggestion sounds delicious but for dessert.  The drink sounds interesting.  Haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our list today.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events today including my BIL Jude who is celebrating his birthday.

Happy  birthday  to  Jude.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

I received my " conditional approval" for Global Entry this AM. Now I have to schedule the interview and get fingerprinted.  Have to go to Orlando Airport for that. 

I also received conditional approval for Global Entry on Friday, however appointments are booking in July for our area and that’s too late for our upcoming cruise.  There is a way to do it at the entry airport so we will try that, hopefully that works. 

• Like 16

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from an overcast but warm day at the beach.

We had a rainbow yesterday after the storms went thru.  Always beautiful to see.

My good deed today will be watering my friends houseplants. She was suppose to be back today but her flight was cancelled and couldnt rebook until Thursday!. Not pleasant for anyone trying to travel lately. 

We are supposed to go with friends out on the river today but not sure yet what this crazy weather is going to do. 

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, thank you the beautiful pictures of Beagle Channel. We were scheduled to go there on the 2021 Grand SA/Ant trip but... Hopefully another time.

I received my " conditional approval" for Global Entry this AM. Now I have to schedule the interview and get fingerprinted.  Have to go to Orlando Airport for that. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Is Sanford airport any closer to you? I went there for my GE interview. 

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

We also used Sanford for both our first and then again last year for our renewal.  Much easier access than MCO.

• Like 16

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday!  Wish I could find a rainbow today! 🌈

DGD really enjoyed her Farfalle Alfredo yesterday.  I use mini farfalle when I can find them. 
5337662D-8EDE-462F-A320-70D30AFBB7BB.thumb.jpeg.a6569027ed2c7943f2d1aeda96a56059.jpeg

She also loved the grilled Swiss cheese sandwich I made with my homemade bread. 
A757CB5B-5938-4FF3-9D05-2D44494E9B14.thumb.jpeg.49aa20c2e32973b9307a06ad1c4b269a.jpeg

She goes home today. I’m going to miss her. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

We also used Sanford for both our first and then again last year for our renewal.  Much easier access than MCO.

Just being able to park & walk a short distance to the appointment was wonderful.

• Like 16

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here.

Everyone in the household was in a bit of a funk yesterday after the call to HAL  canceling the cruise yesterday morning. Sue told me to not look at any cruises for a while. Meanwhile Sue and DSIL hit on an idea to spend a few days in Aruba to raise their spirits. SWA points were burning a hole in her pocket I guess.  🙂  They had been on a "Sisters" trip in 1999 to Aruba so thought it would be fun to relive the past.

But after sleeping on it, I caught "sneeky-Sue" on the HAL site this morning - and now three hours later Sue and DSIL are booked for this Friday on the Nieuw Statendam's last Southern Caribbean cruise for this season! I get to stay home with Sam as we knew the dog sitter was completely booked. I'm sure they will have a great time as Sue can gather Mariner points to make 4-Star this year! I will still get to reap the benefit in October this year. 

Hopefully they remember to disembark on the 17th as the next stop is Ponta Delgada!!!

- Jack

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 21
  • Haha 2

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich.

Late today but somehow there wasn’t time this morning before I headed out to post  the Bon Voyages and here too 😱 

Great collection of days.  Love trying to do good deeds for other & rainbows.  I don’t have a lot of tweed but do have a lovely cloak and purse from Cohb, Ireland.  DH loves tweed caps 😉 

Good quote today and I adore arroz con leche - especially in Spain.  I might well make that for dinner tonight 😉.  Adore Riojas even if I can only drink the  white ones and the Beagle Channel is phenomenal.  Thanks everyone for the pictures and memories 👍 

5 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Needless to say this has been an interesting back to back.

“Interesting” is putting it mildly 😉 Very safe travels home

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Sam says we now have MaryPoppin living with us. 

Mary Poppins sounds perfect 🙂 Who wouldn’t want a Mary Poppins in the house? 😉 

2 hours ago, ottahand7 said:

I am still off Facebook no sign of getting back on, I have no idea what I did.  I did a lot of research and it appears I can open a new account with a library computer or a burner phone but FB may use facial recognition to kick me off again.   I guess I will do what I always do, share cat videos, bird and flower pictures. 

A friend of mine was “cloned” by someone posting obscene posts and was taken off FB.  She protested to FB and created a different account for the time being (messaged us to let her know her new name so that when we got her friend request we would accept).  In 30 days, her old self was back and she dropped the other name and went back under her old one.  Just in case it is of help.

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Tonight we'll be having Sweet & Sour Chicken, Lumpia, and birthday cake to celebrate DS's birthday (plus finally getting possession of their house after waiting 2 1/2 months!

A very happy birthday to your DS.  Definitely getting possession of the house is worth a celebration on it’s own 🙂 

@Mr. Bostona very happy birthday to Jude.

561DC625-E077-411C-B5A5-AE9C2D0392A1.jpeg.864e3157a463f7748385c2d5a01257b5.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Sunday everyone !!!!!

49F09D14-35DC-4B4C-9D9C-16D61B7F8883.jpeg.70482432dfc8c1654b8e35816679457f.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your mask when / where needed.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

It is about equal. But now that you mention it, Sanford would be a whole lot easier than Orlando. Think I will try Sanford. Thanks!

• Like 17

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

I'll try to do a good deed today. It's raining here, but no rainbows. I don't own any tweed any more.

Good quote. I like rice pudding, but rarely eat it. Pass on the drink; I like the wine but a bit pricey.

I've been through the Beagle Channel.

Not a good weekend for me. My stomach was mildly upset Friday night after eating out (Fish sandwich and fries). I attributed it to rarely eating fried food. But it got worse yesterday. I only had applesauce for dinner and sipped on flat ginger ale. I went to bed early. I feel ok from that this morning, and had some scrambled eggs and coffee. So far feeling ok, except now my right eye is red and light sensitive, and I have to wear sunglasses to even look at the computer (I did dial the brightness down). I'm putting in hourly eyedrops. I think the stress of yesterday contributed to this flare. But, it will pass. We're to have rain all week, so no idea when the alley will get finished.

@kplady I'm glad you're home and that surgery went well.

@grapau27 Thank you for today's sermon. 

@GTVCRUISER @Copper10-8 Bon Voyage!

Prayers for the Care List and a toast to the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

From my post on May 7, 2021.

Entering the Beagle Channel

1342791581_002-12_25.18InBeagleChannel.thumb.jpg.7fa80ca4c61793194e5418527f66e3eb.jpg

649286045_030-12_25.18BeagleChannel.thumb.jpg.984ef38c1253238373a56392863db5e3.jpg

Italia Glacier

1216638804_036-12_25.18ItaliaGlacier.thumb.jpg.466f26b0a57e9cbfaf60e1d43674aa7d.jpg

Off Ushuaia waiting to see if we can dock

388077831_050-12_25.18Ushuaia.thumb.jpg.6f8ee0ffbb69fcafcea1554de9c3c213.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I also received conditional approval for Global Entry on Friday, however appointments are booking in July for our area and that’s too late for our upcoming cruise.  There is a way to do it at the entry airport so we will try that, hopefully that works. 

We are not cruising until October so we have time. I am going to try Sanford as Ann suggested. It is a much smaller airport than Orlando. One of my friends told me it took 4 months from application to receiving the card.

• Like 15