Owners Suite vs Penthouse Suite

MJU

I have a choice of Penthouse on Dolphin deck or an Owners Suite on Discovery - cost difference is minimal.  Which should I choose and why please?  Thanks in advance for any opinions

I'd go Owners Suite, purely based upon overall size. The Penthouse is smaller (682sqft) but a lot of that is a larger balcony. The Owners Suite is 879sqft overall (looks like the balcony is smaller than the Owners but still plenty of space).

• Like 1

I'd also do the Owners Suite over a Penthouse.  

Harr travel just put up a S3 Youtube review (I think the only S3's are the after deck ones).  I haven't seen any S2 walkthrough reviews, but one from Enchanted might be out there.

Edited by scooter6139
  • Thanks 1

Be aware that Princess seems to be moving people out of their Dolphin Deck cabins in order to use them for Covid quarantine. I "think" I have been reading that they are doing that on your ship.

Thanks to all for your helpful responses - especially appreciated the videos and TiggerTony2's side by side diagrams - while the balcony on the Penthouse looks fantastic we are going to go with the Owners Suite as well. 

Thrak - we were originally in Dolphin Penthouse and got "bumped" to Owners because of quarantine rooms - my PVC contacted me yesterday that we could go back to Penthouse if we wanted as they have reopened up many Dolphin cabins including the aft suites.  I had 24 hours to get back to her if I wanted to go back but the size of owners suite looks amazing

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MJU said:

Thanks to all for your helpful responses - especially appreciated the videos and TiggerTony2's side by side diagrams - while the balcony on the Penthouse looks fantastic we are going to go with the Owners Suite as well. 

Thrak - we were originally in Dolphin Penthouse and got "bumped" to Owners because of quarantine rooms - my PVC contacted me yesterday that we could go back to Penthouse if we wanted as they have reopened up many Dolphin cabins including the aft suites.  I had 24 hours to get back to her if I wanted to go back but the size of owners suite looks amazing

Enjoy.

Edited by jagoffee

• 1 year later...

I was in the starboard Owners Suite on Discovery last June and never heard anything from the lounge.  The room is huge and the balcony is as well.  Would book this room again in a flash!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 11:23 AM, MJU said:

I was in the starboard Owners Suite on Discovery last June and never heard anything from the lounge.  The room is huge and the balcony is as well.  Would book this room again in a flash!!!!

Good to know, thanks! Just booked it for NYE this year. I was worried about the noise...

We had the Owner's Suite on the Port side last year on the Discovery and have it booked again for next year for the Solar Eclipse cruise.  Never heard a thing from the lounge.  It is such a nice suite and looking forward to being in it again next year.  Enjoy your cruise and the Discovery!  My favorite Princess ship as of now.

• Like 1