Apex no production shows this week. Covid

baron9

20 minutes ago, TFree said:

Kelly: That is interesting.  We board the transatlantic on Saturday, so if you would not mind keeping people up to date on whatever the Captain tells you about Covid cases, that would be very interesting to a lot of us.

Tom & Judy

14 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

So, checking further, it’s in The Club, not the theater and I don’t see any of last week’s theater production shows on the calendar, just guest performers.  We were with a group of friends last week, also watching NBA playoffs, thinking we could see the shows either this week or on the transatlantic.  Now that’s not looking good. Just hoping to test negative on Friday so that we can stay on for the transatlantic!

We're also on the TA and would be interested in what you're hearing onboard. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kellyclayt said:

So, checking further, it’s in The Club, not the theater and I don’t see any of last week’s theater production shows on the calendar, just guest performers.  We were with a group of friends last week, also watching NBA playoffs, thinking we could see the shows either this week or on the transatlantic.  Now that’s not looking good. Just hoping to test negative on Friday so that we can stay on for the transatlantic!

If you test positive do they transfer you to the infinity 🤔😉

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We're also on the TA and would be interested in what you're hearing onboard. 

Happy to report anything I hear, but I did not hear the announcement last week reported by @jelayne so I might not be the best source. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kellyclayt said:

Happy to report anything I hear, but I did not hear the announcement last week reported by @jelayne so I might not be the best source. 

I only heard 1 announcement re covid #s  and that was in the Captains morning announcement on Friday.  

8 hours ago, XuGator said:

So what are they doing in the theater instead for the 3 production nights? We were on Apex last week and the production shows were great. (Crystalize, Tree of life and Rockumentary). The caravan production show in the club was pretty decent also. They only have a couple outside entertainers on board slated for the non production nights so curious what Celebrity is doing to fill the void .....

Rockumentary and Caravan did not play on the 4/9 Apex sailing. 

I thought I missed them on schedule or something- I’m on Apex now and that’s good to know re: production shows being cancelled. I actually haven’t heard any captain’s announcements (I think there was one on schedule yesterday that I missed) and would be interested to hear, if anyone else here is onboard and has heard, whether they announced anything re covid cases. Thanks!

23 hours ago, islabahia said:
23 hours ago, JezzaC said:

That very is customer friendly from Celebrity Cruises. It is not customer's problem if their employees can't perform. Not all passengers are into “entertainment”.  We haven’t been to a show in years!  Why would you get compensation?  SMH

That is included in the cruise price and content. It is everyone's own choice that if they go to see the actual shows but cruise line should deliver what they are selling so it is available anyway.

And also legislation is bit different in Europe than for example in US. We have different criteria when service is faulty.

Edited by JezzaC
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, JezzaC said:

That is included in the cruise price and content. It is everyone's own choice that if they go to see the actual shows but cruise line should deliver what they are selling so it is available anyway.

And also legislation is bit different in Europe than for example in US. We have different criteria when service is faulty.

They could just do a crew / passenger talent show every night to get around the legislature 

stuff happens , you have to move on 

Key to  happiness,  lower your expectations😁

2 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

They could just do a crew / passenger talent show every night to get around the legislature 

Or Celebrity can lower their price. 🙂

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruising3347 said:

I thought I missed them on schedule or something- I’m on Apex now and that’s good to know re: production shows being cancelled. I actually haven’t heard any captain’s announcements (I think there was one on schedule yesterday that I missed) and would be interested to hear, if anyone else here is onboard and has heard, whether they announced anything re covid cases. Thanks!

Last week there was only 1 announcement re Covid # and that was on day 7.  I think that was after weekly crew testing was completed.

23 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Yes.  Like when I go to French Laundry, order and pay for my meal, and then get McDonald's because their kitchen is shut down.  Stuff happens, move on.

We disembarked from Apex on 4.23….started feeling bad with difficulty breathing back in Austin on 4.24…believed it to be oak pollen…got worse and last night tested positive for COVID-19….see Doc this afternoon hope to be back at full speed soon 

4 minutes ago, biguntx said:

We disembarked from Apex on 4.23….started feeling bad with difficulty breathing back in Austin on 4.24…believed it to be oak pollen…got worse and last night tested positive for COVID-19….see Doc this afternoon hope to be back at full speed soon 

Best wishes for a quick, speedy and full recovery.

• Like 1

Currently on day 7 of Edge Transatlantic. Captain Costas includes Covid cases every day in his 10am announcement. So far, zero infections since leaving Ft Lauderdale. I’m sure that will change going forward and we start hitting the ports on the itinerary. Thus far, the entertainment has been excellent.
  • Like 2

Just now, BEAV said:

Currently on day 7 of Edge Transatlantic. Captain Costas includes Covid cases every day in his 10am announcement. So far, zero infections since leaving Ft Lauderdale. I’m sure that will change going forward and we start hitting the ports on the itinerary. Thus far, the entertainment has been excellent.

Thanks for sharing. This is excellent news across the board:

* They're disclosing cases, even if there aren't any.

* There haven't any cases to disclose.

* The entertainment is up to your high standards.

I'd like this on all my cruises going forward. 👍

• Like 2

Doubt anyone will know or that X will tell, but is this the newer variant?  It seems more contagioys but not as severe as original Covid? Or are many  folks becoming very ill, needing hosp level care?