The Daily for Thursday 04/28/2022

richwmn

22 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

@StLouisCruisersSandi I love your daughter's Cinco de Mayo celebration tree. It's fun to see her creations!

Thank you Carolyn.  I'll be sure to tell her you enjoy them as much as I do.  I'm always excited to see the next version.  

• Like 17

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily @richwmn !

I was interested in Astronomy as a kid. I'm not into poetry much. No mate here to kiss.

I like the quote. I like the meal, although too many carbs for right now. Pass on the drink, but I'll take the wine although it's a little pricey for me.

I haven't been to Loreto.

Brrr. We matched a 1934 record for the lowest temp on this date; it was 29F this AM, and with the wind chill 22F. So the heat came on. Supposedly a nice weekend, but thunderstorms on Sunday. Thanks to all yesterday who wished me well or shared their experience with RA.

@puppycanducruise HAPPY First Date ANNIVERSARY! 🍾

@rafinmd Thanks for putting me on the Care List.

@dfish Good luck with the surgeon appointment.

@smitty34877 It sounds like a good time at your house. Prayers for Tana and the whole family. Thanks for your experience with medication; certain ones are not being looked at due to my issue with neuropathy possibly from Humira for my eyes. I don't mind giving myself an injection or having someone else do it. IV meds will be harder due to my small veins (the only thing small about me, lol). I'm not sure I'd want a port placed. But if the IV was only every few months maybe they could find a usable vein.

@cunnorl Thanks. I will be talking with the rheumatology pharmacist. Also with a medical background, I can do research myself as well. 

@StLouisCruisers I appreciate you sharing DD's seasonally decorated tree. She's got a lot of decorations to store away. Nice that they are getting a new puppy. Continued prayers for Jen and Buddy. I hope Ryan is having less pain.

@PoppyBanks Welcome to the Daily.

@AncientWanderer Thank you.

@1ANGELCAT I hope you like the new neurologist.

@GTVCRUISER Thanks for the Loreto photos.

@aliaschief Enjoy the tour at Pearl Harbor. The Arizona Memorial is so moving. Gorgeous sunset!

@jayhawk66 Sorry to hear of Covid onboard, but I guess not surprising these days. 

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Happy Thursday.  Interesting days, always kiss my mate.  I like the quote.  The meal sounds and looks delicious.  Will save that recipe for another time.  Have not been to today's destination, that I know of.

DD and DGS left this morning for home, staying in Orlando before tomorrow's flight. 

Prayers and toasts to our lists.

Please continue to be careful...

Jim and Ginger:

Ingredients
1 part Jim Beam® Original
3 parts Fever-Tree Ginger Ale
Garnish: Lemon Wedge

Instructions
Build over ice in a highball glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.49.26 PM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Dailyites!  I scanned the "news" yesterday, but we were busy and in and out all day, so I was worn out and sore and didn't post.  I did think of you all, and said prayers for those needing them.  Today we have eye appointments in an hour, and the heat pump people are wandering in and out, as the thing doesn't work.  New pump being installed.  At least the weather is good, and we are not freezing!

That vegan recipe looks really good.  I have stored it for when we next entertain DS and his partner.  BTW, they both have Covid and are NOT enjoying it!  I've heard a lot of whining...  Just stay away from me!  Sorry to hear there is Covid again on the NS,.  Haven't heard from @sailingdutchy for a while, but they should both have good antibodies.

• Like 24

13 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily @richwmn !

I was interested in Astronomy as a kid. I'm not into poetry much. No mate here to kiss.

I like the quote. I like the meal, although too many carbs for right now. Pass on the drink, but I'll take the wine although it's a little pricey for me.

I haven't been to Loreto.

Brrr. We matched a 1934 record for the lowest temp on this date; it was 29F this AM, and with the wind chill 22F. So the heat came on. Supposedly a nice weekend, but thunderstorms on Sunday. Thanks to all yesterday who wished me well or shared their experience with RA.

@puppycanducruise HAPPY First Date ANNIVERSARY! 🍾

@rafinmd Thanks for putting me on the Care List.

@dfish Good luck with the surgeon appointment.

@smitty34877 It sounds like a good time at your house. Prayers for Tana and the whole family. Thanks for your experience with medication; certain ones are not being looked at due to my issue with neuropathy possibly from Humira for my eyes. I don't mind giving myself an injection or having someone else do it. IV meds will be harder due to my small veins (the only thing small about me, lol). I'm not sure I'd want a port placed. But if the IV was only every few months maybe they could find a usable vein.

@cunnorl Thanks. I will be talking with the rheumatology pharmacist. Also with a medical background, I can do research myself as well. 

@StLouisCruisers I appreciate you sharing DD's seasonally decorated tree. She's got a lot of decorations to store away. Nice that they are getting a new puppy. Continued prayers for Jen and Buddy. I hope Ryan is having less pain.

@PoppyBanks Welcome to the Daily.

@AncientWanderer Thank you.

@1ANGELCAT I hope you like the new neurologist.

@GTVCRUISER Thanks for the Loreto photos.

@aliaschief Enjoy the tour at Pearl Harbor. The Arizona Memorial is so moving. Gorgeous sunset!

@jayhawk66 Sorry to hear of Covid onboard, but I guess not surprising these days. 

Prayers for the Care List and Ukraine. Cheers for the Celebration List.

Stay safe everyone.

Vanessa, she does have a fair bit of decorations and was telling me she needs to find time to purchase some plastic bins of an appropriate size and label each with the holiday/season.  Much better than bags from the store.

I asked my DB about Ryan and Jen an hour ago and he replied that Ryan is doing super, able to go slowly up and down the stairs.  As for Jen he told me she is using a cane now.  I think that's a big improvement.  When I asked if she would be able to move back into her own apartment he said he really didn't know.  One more fall and she'd be looking at a retirement home.  😞  No word back from twin about her SIL Buddy yet but DB said he heard through the grapevine that Buddy was improving.

Roy @rafinmdI think Ryan and Jen can be removed from the prayer list now due to their progress.  I think their improvements mean they're on the right track.  And as for Buddy, he will survive it appears even if uncomfortably.  But many people here can say the same thing, so Buddy can come down off the list too.  I'll still be praying for them when I pray for the Daily Care list people anyway.  All the prayers from our Dailyites here have helped them get through their trials so thank you everyone!

• Like 23

Good Morning Folks,

You all help keep my spirits up!  Everyone is so kind and grateful sharing and caring for others here.  I love the camaraderie we share which started around cruising and has branched into other parts of our lives.

@puppycanducruise Happy Anniversary!  Hubby and I too met on a blind date, 44 years ago this summer!  Who would have thought, I remember wondering "why" I was going on this date..............guess my friend knew why we were set up!

@JazzyV Good luck with rheumatology and trying different medications.  My oldest daughter was diagnosed at 16 with RA and has run the gambit of meds over the years (so many therapy changes have advanced since she was diagnosed).  She actually told me the other day she feels better then she has in a long time.  I hope you have a good rheumatologist that will work with you (and not just talk at you).  Best wishes thinking about you.

Post those pictures of Loreto, one of these days I want to stop there!

Denise

Edited by CrabbyPatti
spelling
  • Like 25

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!  Great collection of days today but like Carolyn @Cruising-along, I’m not big on poetry. I love the quote. And the drink and meal suggestion both sound good. I’d prefer ground beef in mine too Debbie @dfish

Happy First Date Anniversary @puppycanducruise!  My DH & I met on a blind date too, however it was a group blind date and we weren’t each other’s date. Hope that made sense. 

Welcome to the Daily @PoppyBanks!

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and thanks all!  Always fun to visit here.    Good time for astronomy, Jupiter and Venus will be in conjunction on April 30, can be seen with the naked eye.   Love poetry and used to teach it, always convinced the males in the class when we did war poetry.  Dulce et decorum et…

Would like to visit Loreto, thanks for the photos.

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I wil most certainly kiss my mate and I love reading poetry but I’m not good at writing it. Our piano, which was originally my mother’s piano is being tuned this morning because it can’t wait for our music major grandson who is in college and learned how to tune it. 
I’ve had a hard time finding the J and J vaccine and had to call the state to find out where I could get it and plan to do that this afternoon.

Prayers for all who need them, especially the people of Ukraine.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Perhaps check if you can have another type, they’re finding better efficacy with mixing. 

2 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here!

We received an email from HAL last evening regarding our Oosterdam  cruise in September. I guess HAL listened to passengers complaining about the switch from Venice to Trieste and are now offering complimentary transfers to Trieste from Marco Polo Airport and the Tronchetto in Venice. We have decided to make use of this offer so have rearranged (always remain fluid in you travel plans!) our pre-cruise time. Now we will be able to visit Lake Como first and then move for four days in Venice, staying on Murano.

Stay safe!

- Jack

Glad you are staying flexible, Como is lovely as are Garda and Maggiore. 

Happy anniversary @puppycanducruise

2 hours ago, jayhawk66 said:

Good afternoon from Cadiz and the Nieuw Statendam. We have enjoyed a glorious cruise to date but it seems that Covid has reared its ugly head! Captain O’Driscoll sent a letter to guests this afternoon announcing that some crew and passengers had tested positive and were in isolation. Masks recommended are now masks required. Everyone aboard fully vaccinated and all passengers tested before arrival at FLL and all were tested again at FLL before being allowed to board. Amazing that we have illness anyway. It for sure seems we will live with Covid for ever!

Sorry to hear this, but glad they are taking it seriously. Hope you can stay safe.

@aliaschief glad to see you enjoying Arizona memorial is quite something. 

05404344-5C98-4D8F-B72E-4F2C8D3BFCDC.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

Prayers for all in need — especially for the people of Ukraine.  Thanks to Rich and Roy and all who help keep this thread going.

Update on DSIL — she now has to move from facility that we all like.  It’s mostly because she cannot use the rehab part so her space is needed for someone who needs the rehab.  The facility does not have memory loss care.  So that is up in the air.  Distressing for DH that his sister cannot remember who has visited and who has not.  

Getting ready for another 2 week cruise.  I hate to say it but after this I am ready to stay home for a while.  Being on the cruise is great — but the packing and unpacking for 2 is a lot of work.

Happy spring day to all — waiting for some warmer weather.  Katherine 

• Like 24

1 minute ago, Lady Hudson said:

Prayers for all in need — especially for the people of Ukraine.  Thanks to Rich and Roy and all who help keep this thread going.

Update on DSIL — she now has to move from facility that we all like.  It’s mostly because she cannot use the rehab part so her space is needed for someone who needs the rehab.  The facility does not have memory loss care.  So that is up in the air.  Distressing for DH that his sister cannot remember who has visited and who has not.  

Getting ready for another 2 week cruise.  I hate to say it but after this I am ready to stay home for a while.  Being on the cruise is great — but the packing and unpacking for 2 is a lot of work.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise Katherine.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Hope you enjoy this cruise!  I get it when you say it's a lot of work for 2 weeks.  

Also I'm sorry your DSIL has to move facilities.  And I have seen loved ones who cannot remember who you are.  Very sad indeed.

• Like 16

Good Morning All ,

Maybe I should say “afternoon”.

We currently have a lovely day with cloud cover. Feeling so much better today after booster #2 took me out yesterday. Makes me grateful for health.

We were in Loreto a few weeks ago. Loved the town, and DH said he would like to fly in for a few days. We did the HAL shorex to the mission ( actually, our guide took us to both missions.)

E7E7CDBF-0965-4C76-A00B-D2ED273EEE91.thumb.jpeg.ebb5986d4b6315b23059ecc927986602.jpeg

the original El Camino Real

A2F4134E-8212-494B-B022-149210ACCE5D.thumb.jpeg.f9648e009afb4d73b8c15b2cef704824.jpeg

Mission San Javier

F0EDE045-EF5E-4927-A98C-6A4688F61AE2.thumb.jpeg.c31d34390ba24bcff6138724a65f11fc.jpeg4AB27E6C-D1C2-42A3-8CA2-F10E0E68D00E.thumb.jpeg.76ccccc179672f71bebaa7c8d65d3c81.jpeg3C4FD12D-0513-46F9-9C19-57640AD169C7.thumb.jpeg.5aa0608449c7c2a30a18bc01b89457e3.jpegC6B5CF0D-768A-4E04-90E7-1D6EB30E078F.thumb.jpeg.06e0c4fefd6b52ea1df8f5817c9a56cc.jpeg

0957DA1C-3D4D-4B52-B5A0-E67B499D5186.thumb.jpeg.b8663fbebf40a4d07845b16b4fc9cd9d.jpeg787DA786-051A-4D23-AC9E-772FCF4689FE.thumb.jpeg.8078bdf40a3ad034b1a3eaf897c766b5.jpeg

The town

8385AD13-907A-43EE-A4C8-6AC80FFEC02A.thumb.jpeg.9b5858d0824ce80be11afad9509b28b7.jpeg

E404B383-310A-4136-BA6E-EE32C776E30D.thumb.jpeg.5ea8521946b5b64c82d95bdc4870e25b.jpeg

The mission in Loreto 

34ACF971-3D1E-4CB0-85B6-C1BC098485B4.thumb.jpeg.f8bd6a858c395d7867b30487b49b03bc.jpeg

The homemade wine we bought at the mission. It was an original recipe from mission days. It had a little fiz to it ( not really sparkle)

Anyone have any recommendations as to what MIGHT be similar?

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 8

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Sorry to hear DSIL has to move facilities. I know how distressed DH is; my Mother didn't know me for the last year and a half of her life, due to dementia. Very sad.

17 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@Sharon in AZ  @bennybear  Thanks for the good wishes.

Jim remembered that today's special too.  He brought me flowers.

P1010408s.JPG

Lovely flowers from your DH!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I like to see what I can see in the sky. I'll join the not so much into poetry friends. I kiss my mate several times each and every day.

The meal sounds good. Love the quote.

@puppycanducruise happy anniversary of this special day. Enjoy your Chinese food.

@PoppyBanks Welcome!

Well, we did not finish the family room yesterday, but it is almost finished now. Yesterday DH was cutting the counter top of the desk and the saw blade broke. We did not have the energy to go to Home Depot so we relaxed the rest of the afternoon.

DH needs my help so off I go.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good evening.

We are sailing from Malaga to Cartagena.  We did not bother to get off the ship today.  I did get my hair attended to.  This was very necessary.

I tried to rest and am feeling a bit better.

Although Jim’s birthday was on April 18, we never celebrated because I was already sick.  Two days later he was sick too.

So today we finally celebrated his birthday at Toscana.  We decided that we would just make it a moveable feast.  The General Manager sent us a bottle of wine, so we had a very nice dinner with a little birthday cake. It was a very nice evening.

i tried to like posts today but somehow, CC is just not letting me doing it.

Hope everyone is having a nice day and staying safe,

God bless,

Terri

• Like 24