Princess Medallion

I still haven't seen any lead fares for those cruises going on sale tomorrow. But will keep looking. yes it's onesourcecruises.com thanks to Julie for telling me about it. Also some of the agents will get the lead in fares, just haven't seen them yet.

1 minute ago, CDaze71 said:

I still haven't seen any lead fares for those cruises going on sale tomorrow. But will keep looking. yes it's onesourcecruises.com thanks to Julie for telling me about it. Also some of the agents will get the lead in fares, just haven't seen them yet.

No, I haven't seen any fares either and I'm checking that source regularly. They will presumably show up there when they are available to the agents. The notice on that site says they go on sale 9am tomorrow but my planner said Princess were still deciding on the release date. I'll be checking online tomorrow just in case.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have a couple of elderly people who will be on one of our cruises. Can anyone tell me how they will get on without downloading the Medallion App? They do not have a smart phone/computer. Also, do you know how we get our tickets etc? They used to use a travel agent (who has gone bust) and now the Princess Travel Planner seems to have disappeared. Just wondering, how I can help them? Thanks

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Hi all,

I have a couple of elderly people who will be on one of our cruises. Can anyone tell me how they will get on without downloading the Medallion App? They do not have a smart phone/computer. Also, do you know how we get our tickets etc? They used to use a travel agent (who has gone bust) and now the Princess Travel Planner seems to have disappeared. Just wondering, how I can help them? Thanks

Can you enter the info in the Medallion app for them if they are prepared to sit with you and supply the information? Another idea is to go onto the Live Chat option with Princess and see what they suggest.

I did think of trying to do it for them, but i am having enough problems myself! I was just trying to save them some time at the pier. Are our tickets loaded on the app or do we still get them emailed?

I think it would be best for them to find a family member or friend and input all the info in for them. Either they could do it online on their friends / family members computer or download the app on their own phone and put the info in. Surely they can't just rock up having done NO GREEN TICKS at all. 

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I did think of trying to do it for them, but i am having enough problems myself! I was just trying to save them some time at the pier. Are our tickets loaded on the app or do we still get them emailed?

From what I can see, there are no tickets. We fill out everything on the app and this info is available to check-in staff. If we fill in everything correctly, we get a series of green ticks and can go into the green lane at the terminal. Princess have said that if people don't have a security photo up-loaded, the staff will take a photo. That's easy but there are a lot of other sections that need to be filled out. I think it would be worth going onto the Live Chat option to find out if a person could turn up at the terminal with their passport as ID and any proof they have that they have booked. A receipt or other documentation would show the booking number. Maybe the rest can be done at the terminal the way we used to do it.

15 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Screenshot_20220505-144705_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Before the medallion app they would have had to enter all their details into the Personalizer, and print their boarding pass and luggage tags.

Exactly. The couple will need to get help from their family for this, they can't just rock up with having done NOTHING.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Before the medallion app they would have had to enter all their details into the Personalizer, and print their boarding pass and luggage tags.

From what you posted above, it looks like the old system could still work - print a boarding pass and luggage tags after details are entered in the Personalizer. However, maybe in the past, the travel agent did this for their customers.

I feel it would be best if resordanis tried to get an answer from Live Chat at Princess. There must be several people with this problem.

Edited by Aus Traveller

Just now, resordanis said:

Thanks all, this is going to be difficult for them. No smart phone, they live in another state to me and no family to help. I think I will talk to live chat!

What state are they in? Did they book via PVP? TA?? Someone must have got them this far?

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

From what you posted above, it looks like the old system could still work - print a boarding pass and luggage tags after details are entered in the Personalizer. However, maybe in the past, the travel agent did this for their customers.

It doesn't look like you can print the boarding pass any more, but can print the other stuff.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Apparently they had an amazing TA who did all this and gave them everything they needed. We have a few months and I am sure they will not be the only ones that don’t have the medallion app.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

What state are they in? Did they book via PVP? TA?? Someone must have got them this far?

Resordanis explained that their previous TA has gone bust and the PVP they used has gone missing.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

They booked via a TA (now not in business) after cancelled cruises. A PVP has taken over, but difficult to get in contact with. I gave them the details of which cruise to book as we both were on the same cancelled cruise. I have a few months, so will work it out. I just thought someone might know. Thanks all.

Edited by resordanis

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Resordanis explained that their previous TA has gone bust and the PVP they used has gone missing.

I’m happy to ask the questions from our amazing PvP even if he can only direct what to do

3 minutes ago, resordanis said:

They booked via a TA (now not in business) after cancelled cruises. A PVP has taken over, but difficult to get in contact with. I gave them the details of which cruise to book as we both were on the same cancelled cruise. I have a few months, so will work it out. I just thought someone might know. Thanks all.

Have you tried phoning the main PVP office ie using the phone number for your PVP but omitting the extension number? Explain that your PVP is missing in action and ask for help from someone else. If necessary ask to speak to a supervisor.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have you tried phoning the main PVP office ie using the phone number for your PVP but omitting the extension number? Explain that your PVP is missing in action and ask for help from someone else. If necessary ask to speak to a supervisor.

I have asked them to keep trying to contact their PVP daily and leave messages. We do have some time and I am sure they won’t be the only ones with this problem. Thanks all.

Edited by resordanis