Princess Medallion

1 hour ago, screenname2004 said:

Newbie qeustion. Does Princess give us any sort of holder for the medallion? Not even a wrist band?

No wrist band, you need to purchase these, but see my post above about what is given for free.
I have purchased Apple AirTag wrist bands on eBay that supposedly fit the medallions.

21 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

From my research over at the CC Princess Cruises Category, our free included holder type, that comes with a free lanyard, could be either of these two pics attached.

Medallion Holder 2.jpg

Medallion Holder 3.jpg

The Medallions now come in the round plastic holder on lanyard (bottom photo).  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I've ordered these on eBay.

AirTag Holder Watch.jpg

AirTag Holder.jpg

Airtag Watch Measurements.jpg

The only problem I see with the keychain type is being able to get it available to be tapped by waiter when ordering and the security officer when getting off and on the ship. The wrist band will be better.  I purchased the Princess clip and put it either on bra/bathing suit strap or collar of shirt so it was very easy to unclip when needed and also at the right height on body to unlock the door.  When worn too low, like pants pocket, it dose not unlock the door as you approach the door unless you take it out and bring to chest level.

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 2

Success!  I deleted our passport details for the upcoming Airlie Beach cruise and scanned our drivers licenses so we can use the domestic vax certificate and now have green lane showing!  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kenexx said:

Success!  I deleted our passport details for the upcoming Airlie Beach cruise and scanned our drivers licenses so we can use the domestic vax certificate and now have green lane showing!  

Congratulations!! All systems 'go'.🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Does anyone know if you can still buy a coffee card, if yes, how? I can’t find it on the app or when logged onto Princess’s website. 

If you  have purchased a Princess plus fare, specialty coffee is already included in the fare in the premium drinks package, so won't display as an available extra. If you don't have the drinks package, you should see these available as a "grounds" coffee package. They don't do it by punch card anymore, but this package is for a preset number of drinks at a set price, not the inclusive per day priced Coffee and Soda package.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

If you  have purchased a Princess plus fare, specialty coffee is already included in the fare in the premium drinks package, so won't display as an available extra. If you don't have the drinks package, you should see these available as a "grounds" coffee package. They don't do it by punch card anymore, but this package is for a preset number of drinks at a set price, not the inclusive per day priced Coffee and Soda package.

We don’t have the Princess Plus fare. On our first cruise I had one alcoholic drink and hubby had 3 over the 10 days, we bought the coffee card for him on that one.  The premium drinks package ($117 per day) is available on the website but that is the only option I can find. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

We don’t have the Princess Plus fare. On our first cruise I had one alcoholic drink and hubby had 3 over the 10 days, we bought the coffee card for him on that one.  The premium drinks package ($117 per day) is available on the website but that is the only option I can find. 

Maybe they are hoping you will anyway 😁

They do exist, and I am not sure why they aren't showing in your personaliser yet. This is all of the packages, without prices https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sj_cavy said:

Does anyone know if you can still buy a coffee card, if yes, how? I can’t find it on the app or when logged onto Princess’s website. 

My understanding is it will be available, but prices and amounts of coffee vary by length of the journey, and it will then show up on your medallion. And PvP says you’re only allowed to buy one (coffee) package (I asked if I could buy two for myself on a longer cruise). I guess it will show eventually. We don’t drink alcohol so didn’t buy plus package either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

My understanding is it will be available, but prices and amounts of coffee vary by length of the journey, and it will then show up on your medallion. And PvP says you’re only allowed to buy one (coffee) package (I asked if I could buy two for myself on a longer cruise). I guess it will show eventually. We don’t drink alcohol so didn’t buy plus package either.

I would have thought you could buy as many as you wanted but they have to used up by the end of the cruise. I’ll ask our TA to find out next time she calls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

I would have thought you could buy as many as you wanted but they have to used up by the end of the cruise. I’ll ask our TA to find out next time she calls. 

It will be on my list to find out 16 June lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Maybe you can only pre-buy one, as you can always buy another at the International cafe or on your app aboard when it has been consumed. 

• Like 2

I hate the fact that because of the medallion and logging in using a phone or the web site app for dining YOUR CANNOT  ask for a large table so that you can meet people as we did throughout 61 cruises and have loads of friends from this action  You have to have a private table for 2 if you do not have a booking number for anyone else so strangers cannot become friends  Bad bad formatting

3 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I hate the fact that because of the medallion and logging in using a phone or the web site app for dining YOUR CANNOT  ask for a large table so that you can meet people as we did throughout 61 cruises and have loads of friends from this action  You have to have a private table for 2 if you do not have a booking number for anyone else so strangers cannot become friends  Bad bad formatting

Mine gives the choice of a private table or shared table in the MDR.

E2000DBF-F4E9-45F7-ACE5-90B8F7168B45.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sj_cavy said:

Mine gives the choice of a private table or shared table in the MDR.

E2000DBF-F4E9-45F7-ACE5-90B8F7168B45.jpeg

Yes, I saw the same and was a bit puzzled. I wonder if you are able to choose who you are sharing with, so that you can dine with the people you just did trivia with, or if the system chooses your dining companions? 

4 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, I saw the same and was a bit puzzled. I wonder if you are able to choose who you are sharing with, so that you can dine with the people you just did trivia with, or if the system chooses your dining companions? 

I think it will be like Anytime Dining. When you turn up at your nominated time, others who turn up at the same time will be seated with you.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think it will be like Anytime Dining. When you turn up at your nominated time, others who turn up at the same time will be seated with you.

That is what was done on our March cruise.  Unless you had a specific table reserved, you were asked if you wanted to share and what size table. We saw that many people made tablemate friends and continued to dine with them.