Princess Medallion

30 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I have asked them to keep trying to contact their PVP daily and leave messages. We do have some time and I am sure they won’t be the only ones with this problem. Thanks all.

It's pointless trying to contact their PVP if that person isn't responding. They need to get a new PVP.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's pointless trying to contact their PVP if that person isn't responding. They need to get a new PVP.

I have emailed mine to at least try to get an answer.

Hello, I'm new to cruising and this board. Have been reading about the Medallion app and am not looking forward to all the frustration! Our first cruise is August 2022. My question is if we use the web version on the laptop, will all the data then appear automatically in the app?

• Like 1

Just now, Brisbane47 said:

Hello, I'm new to cruising and this board. Have been reading about the Medallion app and am not looking forward to all the frustration! Our first cruise is August 2022. My question is if we use the web version on the laptop, will all the data then appear automatically in the app?

Yes it will. It populated all my devices.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

HI OzKiwiJJ,

I have been in contact with my PvP (I emailed, and he phoned back right away) hes been exceptional.

I can confirm that all the old system is still in place for those who are not tech up to date, and it can all be completed on embarkation. The medallion is majorly to speed up the process so that the majority of passengers are pre checked in.

There will be help for them at embarkation. Also in their cabin, there is a mini ipad which they could use (instead of phones etc) to order anything, food service, check activities etc and there will be staff who can help with this.

I am happy to give the details of my PvP on here if that is allowed. He is happy to assist if they (or anyone else) needs any assistance with any of their bookings. Otherwise I can send via email or whatever you prefer if I cant put on here.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Brisbane47 said:

if you have not cruised before, I hope youre ready to get hooked lol

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

HI OzKiwiJJ,

I have been in contact with my PvP (I emailed, and he phoned back right away) hes been exceptional.

I can confirm that all the old system is still in place for those who are not tech up to date, and it can all be completed on embarkation. The medallion is majorly to speed up the process so that the majority of passengers are pre checked in.

There will be help for them at embarkation. Also in their cabin, there is a mini ipad which they could use (instead of phones etc) to order anything, food service, check activities etc and there will be staff who can help with this.

I am happy to give the details of my PvP on here if that is allowed. He is happy to assist if they (or anyone else) needs any assistance with any of their bookings. Otherwise I can send via email or whatever you prefer if I cant put on here.

Hope this helps.

That's great, thank you and your PVP for passing on that info. I expected there would be something available at the terminal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's great, thank you and your PVP for passing on that info. I expected there would be something available at the terminal. 

Let me know if you want his number to give them to answer any questions at all.

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

Exactly. The couple will need to get help from their family for this, they can't just rock up with having done NOTHING.

Close. Normally they could, but I am not sure how that will work with pre-notifying about vax status, and they definitely need to contact Princess if they are going to be cruising with a medical vaxx exemption.

It will be a slow process though. There is a blue lane for those that can't do any/all the steps to be green. The basic info is taken at the time of booking, including passport or photo ID details. I don't know if there is a process of sending out docs from Princess or their T/A if there is no app info registered.

The supervisors in the terminal have a printed folio of all guests and cabin numbers, including the senior person at the baggage drop - get manual luggage tags and fill out cabin number and personal details on the tags.

On arrival into the terminal, prove who they are with photo ID/passports, prove vaxx status and do health survey, and get directed to the blue lane. Prove who they are at check-in counter via their passport/photo ID, security photo taken, onboard A/C details, get medallion.

And while I think it can work, the more that can be done ahead of time, the better. There will be more than you think that don't use smartphones. I also think it is worth asking the question of Princess - I don't have a smartphone, how does it work?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Close. Normally they could, but I am not sure how that will work with pre-notifying about vax status, and they definitely need to contact Princess if they are going to be cruising with a medical vaxx exemption.

It will be a slow process though. There is a blue lane for those that can't do any/all the steps to be green. The basic info is taken at the time of booking, including passport or photo ID details. I don't know if there is a process of sending out docs from Princess or their T/A if there is no app info registered.

The supervisors in the terminal have a printed folio of all guests and cabin numbers, including the senior person at the baggage drop - get manual luggage tags and fill out cabin number and personal details on the tags.

On arrival into the terminal, prove who they are with photo ID/passports, prove vaxx status and do health survey, and get directed to the blue lane. Prove who they are at check-in counter via their passport/photo ID, security photo taken, onboard A/C details, get medallion.

And while I think it can work, the more that can be done ahead of time, the better. There will be more than you think that don't use smartphones. I also think it is worth asking the question of Princess - I don't have a smartphone, how does it work?

My PvP just confirmed it can all be done. The physical medallion will still be used to open their door etc 

Just now, Cbtours said:

My PvP just confirmed it can all be done. The physical medallion will still be used to open their door etc 

I didn't read everything before posting, so I'm glad a pro could confirm it.

Not quite all - notifying a vaxx medical exemption needs to be done ASAP for anyone intending to cruise with one. Only 5% of total passengers can be unvaxxed, which includes anyone under 12, and they don't need an exemption. For those passengers, it they arrive at the pier and the 5% is already filled, they will be denied boarding.

• Like 1

Hooray I just managed to load son's security photo after trying for months.  I did as Arxcards suggested, played around with it and reduced the size somehow.  Big big thanks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I didn't read everything before posting, so I'm glad a pro could confirm it.

Not quite all - notifying a vaxx medical exemption needs to be done ASAP for anyone intending to cruise with one. Only 5% of total passengers can be unvaxxed, which includes anyone under 12, and they don't need an exemption. For those passengers, it they arrive at the pier and the 5% is already filled, they will be denied boarding.

That’s true. Did the poster say if they were vaxed or not?

1 minute ago, Ondine said:

Hooray I just managed to load son's security photo after trying for months.  I did as Arxcards suggested, played around with it and reduced the size somehow.  Big big thanks.

Love this group ! Help so much 🥰

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Love this group ! Help so much 🥰

I have read other Princess threads, and tried chasing stuff in Princess FAQs and other web sites. While there have been a few hints, I think this is the most definitive stuff there is - till they change it again.  I get the feeling that in other parts of the world, it is tried it once, didn't work, so what, I am in the blue lane. I have learned heaps from this rapid fire discussion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

I have read other Princess threads, and tried chasing stuff in Princess FAQs and other web sites. While there have been a few hints, I think this is the most definitive stuff there is - till they change it again.  I get the feeling that in other parts of the world, it is tried it once, didn't work, so what, I am in the blue lane. I have learned heaps from this rapid fire discussion.

So what bit is stopping you from green? We are green for our Oct 2022 round aus cruise already. Obviously not having medallions ordered doesnt stop you being green for go 

59 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Thank you.

Have you told your friends that they must take a RAT test at home within 24 hours of cruising? If they do that they can attest to the result when they get to the terminal. On the webinar they stressed that we should not take the RAT test with us to prove the result. This would be one less thing they have to do at the terminal and wait around for it to come up with a result.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So what bit is stopping you from green? We are green for our Oct 2022 round aus cruise already. Obviously not having medallions ordered doesnt stop you being green for go 

Nothing for me, but referring to several discussions on other threads overseas where they give up as it is too hard to be bothered with. I have attained the green ticks for both of our bookings.

Unlike the US, we pick up our medallions in the terminal, whether ordered or not. I will order mine, but my wife is a cruise short of a black one, so will wait till after our P&O cruise at the end of the month to make sure I am not ordering platinum coloured ones for her.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cbtours said:

HI OzKiwiJJ,

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much my email is cdotdaines1atgmaildotcom

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Have you told your friends that they must take a RAT test at home within 24 hours of cruising? If they do that they can attest to the result when they get to the terminal. On the webinar they stressed that we should not take the RAT test with us to prove the result. This would be one less thing they have to do at the terminal and wait around for it to come up with a result.

25 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

One step at a time! I hadn’t thought of it, but as they are flying direct to Sydney on the day, I will cross that bridge shortly. They also want transfers which I am hoping the PVP can organise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, resordanis said:

One step at a time! I hadn’t thought of it, but as they are flying direct to Sydney on the day, I will cross that bridge shortly. They also want transfers which I am hoping the PVP can organise.

For two people, it is probably a bit cheaper to buy the Princess transfers compared with a taxi, as long as they haven't put the price up. They might feel more comfortable with this rather than getting into a taxi and hoping the driver knows where to go (in Sydney I have had some who don't) and who won't rip them off.

Pax are supposed to be able to buy the transfers on the Cruise Personalizer, but for your friends, it would probably be easier if a PVP does it for them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, resordanis said:

PvP can def arrange.