Princess Medallion

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

For two people, it is probably a bit cheaper to buy the Princess transfers compared with a taxi, as long as they haven't put the price up. They might feel more comfortable with this rather than getting into a taxi and hoping the driver knows where to go (in Sydney I have had some who don't) and who won't rip them off.

Pax are supposed to be able to buy the transfers on the Cruise Personalizer, but for your friends, it would probably be easier if a PVP does it for them.

The transfer will assist with luggage too and princess will meet at other end!

1 hour ago, screenname2004 said:

Anyone able to scan their passport into the Medallion app? When I clock the scan passport, it said I should click the camera option but I don't a camera option.

On an earlier cruise that ended up being cancelled on us, the scanning of passport came up for me in the app. I do have a camera, yet it still wouldn't scan.

I have added 2 cruises over the past few weeks and it hasn't asked me to scan our passports. Those details were already added in the personaliser. It seems, at least for Australian passports, that the scanning part isn't required if your passport details have been added to your booking or entered in the personaliser.

36 minutes ago, arxcards said:

On an earlier cruise that ended up being cancelled on us, the scanning of passport came up for me in the app. I do have a camera, yet it still wouldn't scan.

I have added 2 cruises over the past few weeks and it hasn't asked me to scan our passports. Those details were already added in the personaliser. It seems, at least for Australian passports, that the scanning part isn't required if your passport details have been added to your booking or entered in the personaliser.

As far as I know, they don't have my passport info. I wonder if it is because I have entered my KTN. Anyway, I did the manual way instead of keep hunting for the "camera option" button.

3 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

As far as I know, they don't have my passport info. I wonder if it is because I have entered my KTN. Anyway, I did the manual way instead of keep hunting for the "camera option" button.

Could be.

KTN's are not a thing down here.

3 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

Anyone able to scan their passport into the Medallion app? When I clock the scan passport, it said I should click the camera option but I don't a camera option.

KakaoTalk_20220505_113315998.jpg

We started the process to photograph our passports (we use a camera), transfer to the PC, then enter into the app, but decided it was simpler to manually enter the details. This was accepted.

• Like 2

I was just checking the cruises listed on my medallion and it's showing one I cancelled late last year. How strange. That cruise disappeared from my Personalizer ages ago. Very strange.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I was just checking the cruises listed on my medallion and it's showing one I cancelled late last year. How strange. That cruise disappeared from my Personalizer ages ago. Very strange.

I presume you got refund. Maybe it’s a freebie 😇

5 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

I presume you got refund. Maybe it’s a freebie 😇

Yes, it was a move-over from a cancelled 2022 Round Australia cruise to a 2024 itinerary. When we decided to do the 2024 world cruise we shifted the Round Australia cruise to October 2023.

If it was a freebie it would still be showing in our Personalizer.

It will be interesting to see when the cruise booked today shows up in the app.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

From my impatience last week - give it a few days. It should drop in automatically, and hopefully with most of your info already there.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes, it was a move-over from a cancelled 2022 Round Australia cruise to a 2024 itinerary. When we decided to do the 2024 world cruise we shifted the Round Australia cruise to October 2023.

If it was a freebie it would still be showing in our Personalizer.

Yes, it will be interesting to see when your cruise shows up. We booked a cruise several weeks ago & I cannot add this one to the App. Tells me it doesn’t exist, no such number - beyond frustrating!! 😡😡

Vicki. 

9 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

Yes, it will be interesting to see when your cruise shows up. We booked a cruise several weeks ago & I cannot add this one to the App. Tells me it doesn’t exist, no such number - beyond frustrating!! 😡😡

Vicki. 

The addition cruise should appear on the app. Maybe there is a delay in adding new bookings, although I don't see why that should be.

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The addition cruise should appear on the app. Maybe there is a delay in adding new bookings, although I don't see why that should be.

Thanks for your thoughts, I’ll keep trying & contact Princess if it doesn’t show up. 😀

Just now, Busy Mum said:

Thanks for your thoughts, I’ll keep trying & contact Princess if it doesn’t show up. 😀

You could try the Live Chat facility, but be prepared to wait. The first time I rang, it timed out four times before I had a live one to talk to. The next time I rang, I got someone shortly before it would have timed out. Each time, I had to be sitting at the computer because there wasn't an audible alert that someone was on the line, just a written message and they don't wait long before they disconnect.

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

You could try the Live Chat facility, but be prepared to wait. The first time I rang, it timed out four times before I had a live one to talk to. The next time I rang, I got someone shortly before it would have timed out. Each time, I had to be sitting at the computer because there wasn't an audible alert that someone was on the line, just a written message and they don't wait long before they disconnect.

Yes, I did think of using the ‘live chat’, I’ll make sure I have plenty of time on my hands!! 😔🙄🙄

Let’s hope in the meantime it ‘magically’ appears. 🤞🤞🤷‍♀️

10 minutes ago, Busy Mum said:

I had that problem with one of mine, and it appears to be pretty common. Princess can solve it. This time of day through till 3:30 has been a good time to get someone on the other end of the chat, so hopefully they don't knock off early on Fridays.

PS, it won't magically appear.

Edited by arxcards
PS

1 minute ago, Busy Mum said:

Yes, I did think of using the ‘live chat’, I’ll make sure I have plenty of time on my hands!! 😔🙄🙄

Let’s hope in the meantime it ‘magically’ appears. 🤞🤞🤷‍♀️

Each time I used the live chat I was reading my book in front of the computer and glancing at the screen from time to time. Otherwise I would have gone crazy with boredom.

Just now, arxcards said:

I had that problem with one of mine, and it appears to be pretty common. Princess can solve it. This time of day through till 3:30 has been a good time to get someone on the other end of the chat, so hopefully they don't knock off early on Fridays.

You make a good point about the time. My second call was around 4.15pm and I got through on the first try.

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

PS, it won't magically appear.

Ok, great, thank you for your advice & ‘tips’! 😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, screenname2004 said:

KakaoTalk_20220505_113315998.jpg

Yes, I exited the app, cleared all my open apps and then went back in. I must have held my mouth the right way. 

• Like 2

BTW I saw some comments on FB that the Medallion fits into Apple Airpod accessories so have just bought a couple of these. They should clip easily onto bely loops or bra straps and are half the price of Princess clip holders.

Screenshot_20220506-221756_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

BTW I saw some comments on FB that the Medallion fits into Apple Airpod accessories so have just bought a couple of these. They should clip easily onto bely loops or bra straps and are half the price of Princess clip holders.

Newbie qeustion. Does Princess give us any sort of holder for the medallion? Not even a wrist band?

40 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Newbie qeustion. Does Princess give us any sort of holder for the medallion? Not even a wrist band?

The medallion comes with a free lanyard. 

P.S. A rep from Princess phoned to answer my question from a few day ago regarding entering info on the Medallion app for subsequent cruises. In the meantime I (with the help of Julie) have sorted it out. However, I asked if the medallion comes in a plastic case and the answer is "Yes".

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 3