Princess Medallion

On 5/17/2022 at 5:02 PM, Aus Traveller said:

I opened the Medallion today and found that I have been demoted and am now 'blue' - a first-time cruiser. I tried to get it fixed today, but was told it was a 'glitch'.

It wasn’t anything to do with the riff raff convo lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

It wasn’t anything to do with the riff raff convo lol

Don't think so. 🙂I will wait a while longer then contact Princess again, although I had difficulty getting the agent to understand what I was talking about when I phoned a couple of days ago. She kept telling me I would have to fill in all the details when I get to the terminal. It took several tries before she understood that i had filled everything in and that we had a column of green ticks.

• Like 2

Not sure what's going on, I finally managed to go as far as possible on the app today, and I think nothing finalises until the last 24hrs where you do the health declaration. I have received notification that they got our medallion order.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I managed to complete everything on the Medallion and it was all OK. Then my Captain's Circle status changed from Elite to Blue (on our profile photos), even though my cruise history is on the Cruise Personalizer. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Nope. Mine has done the same. I spoke to someone at Princess. Apparently it does happen if you use the same email address for both of you in your profiles so we ipdated Rolf's profile. Nothing happened initially then after we booked the Sept cruise my status dot turned back to Elite. Then the other day I was checking something and it had gone back to Blue again. I've been assured it won't affect anything onboard as the data will come from our Personalizer data not the medallion app. However if it does we can go beat up Guest Services together!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Not sure what's going on, I finally managed to go as far as possible on the app today, and I think nothing finalises until the last 24hrs where you do the health declaration. I have received notification that they got our medallion order.

Agreed. The Medallion entries aren't finalised until we can do the health declaration. On ours, everything else is filled in and we have nine green ticks, but my status on the Captain's Circle changed when it shouldn't have. I received notification of our medallion order a couple of weeks ago when I completed everything.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Nope. Mine has done the same. I spoke to someone at Princess. Apparently it does happen if you use the same email address for both of you in your profiles so we ipdated Rolf's profile. Nothing happened initially then after we booked the Sept cruise my status dot turned back to Elite. Then the other day I was checking something and it had gone back to Blue again. I've been assured it won't affect anything onboard as the data will come from our Personalizer data not the medallion app. However if it does we can go beat up Guest Services together!

Yeah! Will do! Anyway, I suppose it really doesn't matter if the medallion is for the wrong loyalty level, but I would rather have the correct one.

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yeah! Will do! Anyway, I suppose it really doesn't matter if the medallion is for the wrong loyalty level, but I would rather have the correct one.

I just checked mine again and it's gone back to Elite again. I give up! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I just checked mine again and it's gone back to Elite again. I give up! 

The only 'helpful' advice the Princess agent could give me was to close down the app, and open it again. Mine has stubbornly stayed on blue. From your experience, maybe she had something. I will check mine again.

P.S. Still blue. ☹️

Edited by Aus Traveller

20 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

How did they notify you? I’m still stuck on that, though I have green lane ticks all the way apart from that!

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

The only 'helpful' advice the Princess agent could give me was to close down the app, and open it again. Mine has stubbornly stayed on blue. From your experience, maybe she had something. I will check mine again.

This is what Princess sent me after I reported the problem:

"I believe you have been having some trouble with the medallion class app and your loyalty level. We have found that when multiple guests are using the same email address this can cause a number of issues including having incorrect loyalty level on the app. Our work around at the moment is for each guest to have their own email address. Could you provide another email address for either yourself or for Rolf. Once updated this should fix the issue. If not we can lodge a ticket with our Medallion support team in the US who can review the issue further."

You share an email address, don't you? You could try setting up a second email address and using that for Peter.

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

This is what Princess sent me after I reported the problem:

"I believe you have been having some trouble with the medallion class app and your loyalty level. We have found that when multiple guests are using the same email address this can cause a number of issues including having incorrect loyalty level on the app. Our work around at the moment is for each guest to have their own email address. Could you provide another email address for either yourself or for Rolf. Once updated this should fix the issue. If not we can lodge a ticket with our Medallion support team in the US who can review the issue further."

You share an email address, don't you? You could try setting up a second email address and using that for Peter.

We have separate email addresses. Although I am doing all the 'stuff' related to our cruises, his email address is registered with Princess because he gets emails from them. I am sure his address is registered for our 26th June cruise because he got an email a few days ago asking him to fill in his personal details. Of course, I had done that weeks ago and ran it past him at the time and got him to personally tick the 'conditions' page. 😁 Apparently he forgot.

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We have separate email addresses. Although I am doing all the 'stuff' related to our cruises, his email address is registered with Princess because he gets emails from them. I am sure his address is registered for our 26th June cruise because he got an email a few days ago asking him to fill in his personal details. Of course, I had done that weeks ago and ran it past him at the time and got him to personally tick the 'conditions' page. 😁 Apparently he forgot.

Double check both your profiles on the Personalizer as well. Otherwise cross yoyr fingers and hope it fixes itself.

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Double check both your profiles on the Personalizer as well. Otherwise cross yoyr fingers and hope it fixes itself.

Yes - I am trying to log on to check that Peter's email address is in his profile, but the website isn't able to load at the moment. Maybe too many people are trying to fix their Medallions. 😁

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 7:19 AM, resordanis said:

Can someone please advise whether we need to 2 seperate Medallion App details for my husband and myself.Previously I have been able fill in all details for both of us, but having trouble doing this at the moment. Thanks

3 minutes ago, Cinderzz said:

Hi I’d be interested to know that too!??

You asked if you and your husband have to two separate Medallion Apps. Our booking is obviously for my husband and I and I assume yours is also. I opened the Medallion App once and it shows two profile circles at the top of the page with our names shown. I was able to fill in the details for both of us. I hope this helps. If I haven't answered your question fully, please ask again.

• Like 1

The only benefit in both having the app, is that you can both order things when aboard, read the patter, message each other - and you need the app to access the wifi. If you have plus, you both have wifi access to the internet.

But yes, you only need it set up on one phone to do everything you need to get you onto the ship.

Edited by arxcards
To Can the Can
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have been able to log onto the Medallion this morning and I am still shown as a first-time cruiser. Peter's 'Personal Information' page shows his email address so that isn't the problem with our set up. Maybe the simplest thing will be to wait and see which colour Medallion I get at the terminal, having in mind that you say the data will come from the Personalizer info.

22 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I have been able to log onto the Medallion this morning and I am still shown as a first-time cruiser. Peter's 'Personal Information' page shows his email address so that isn't the problem with our set up. Maybe the simplest thing will be to wait and see which colour Medallion I get at the terminal, having in mind that you say the data will come from the Personalizer info.

I've given up trying to figure it out. 

I want to get the right colour medallion. Apparently they are magnetic so I can start a medallion collection on my fridge. 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've given up trying to figure it out. 

I want to get the right colour medallion. Apparently they are magnetic so I can start a medallion collection on my fridge. 🤣🤣🤣

Having the medallions on your fridge will be a great reminder of your cruises. We have kept all our cruise cards (ridiculous I know) and will keep our medallions. Yes - I want the correct colour too.

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

Having the medallions on your fridge will be a great reminder of your cruises. We have kept all our cruise cards (ridiculous I know) and will keep our medallions. Yes - I want the correct colour too.

I  kept all my cruise cards too.