Princess Medallion

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

My cruise bookings are all there, but when I click on the second cruise, I only get the 'index' with the green ticks for the first cruise.

Hmm, got me stumped. Might be easier to get the first cruise done then and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Hmm, got me stumped. Might be easier to get the first cruise done then and see what happens.

I'm sure I read something on the Princess forum that said you can only work on the first cruise. You can't access any others until that cruise is over.

After looking at stuff on the webpage the little Captain's Circle status dot turned to blue B instead of black E. I did a live chat with Princess to try and get it fixed but no luck so far. It will be interesting to see what colour medallion I get and what I show on the ship records.

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm sure I read something on the Princess forum that said you can only work on the first cruise. You can't access any others until that cruise is over.

How does that go for B2B?

Also, I have an October cruise with details complete, and when I get my booking number I have a cruise to add for August

Well, just like that, husband appeared this morning on first cruise! Magic, although I did have to chat with Princess re his incorrect date of birth!

Now I have clicked on the second cruise and he not here again! Live chat not too live as I keep getting logged out, but making progress! (I think)

32 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That's what I am thinking, but early next year we have a couple of cruises fairly close to each other.

• Like 1

The webpage wasn't too bad, so a big thanks for that hint.  As someone said, easier dealing with the keyboard.   I will give it a break now as our Princess cruise is not until early next year but I have some green ticks and I am up to loading the photos.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Also, I have an October cruise with details complete, and when I get my booking number I have a cruise to add for August

I wouldn't have a clue.

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I tried to have a live chat, but was logged out four times because of inactivity while I waited for an agent to respond.☹️

It's a real pain! You have to keep a really close eye on it. It doesn't give you very long to respond once the agent comes online.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's a real pain! You have to keep a really close eye on it. It doesn't give you very long to respond once the agent comes online.

I was sitting in front of the computer the whole time. I was reading a book, but with half an eye on the screen. Usually there is a 'ding' when someone enters starts the chat, but no-one came on line.

P.S. I'll try again. Back to watch it carefully.

Edited by Aus Traveller

7 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was sitting in front of the computer the whole time. I was reading a book, but with half an eye on the screen. Usually there is a 'ding' when someone enters starts the chat, but no-one came on line.

P.S. I'll try again. Back to watch it carefully.

Maybe it timed out because the agent didn't come online. Good luck!

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

We have a B2B in August (2 separate booking numbers), but our Planner linked the 2 bookings together and on the Medallion it shows as one cruise

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stki said:

We have a B2B in August (2 separate booking numbers), but our Planner linked the 2 bookings together and on the Medallion it shows as one cruise

Our two cruises that are close together are not B2B. There is a few weeks between them.

After a couple of hours trying, I finally got my live chat and explained that I couldn't find a way to enter info for a second cruise after I had entered it for a cruise in June. The agent told me I had to enter the info for every cruise (doh!!). I responded that when I went to the Personalizer for the second cruise, it flipped back to the info I had entered for the first cruise. Then he told me they don't store the info (double doh). Frustrating. He finally understood and said that he had never encountered this and would have an expert contact me.

53 minutes ago, stki said:

I have B2Bs and they are showing as one cruise, omitting the cabin numbers for the second cruise.  We are not in the same cabins for both cruises.  The only way I can get into the second cruise booking is if I log in using its specific booking number. Then it appears as a separate cruise.

I am totally over this medallion app.  Too many hours wasted on trying to input info.  Princess admitted defeat when they brought back the online version although if you don't know it's there you wouldn't know about it.  My cruise planner let me know about this several months ago.  Told me they were having so much trouble that they had to reinstate the online version.

Since P&O have updated their system I now have problems with them.  I never had any problems logging on to my account with them but now they have updated it when I log on, my son's details come up instead of mine.  When I try to log on as him I get told his account doesn't exist.  When I try to create a new account for me it says my details are already in use.   Ugggggg  I give up.

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I have B2Bs and they are showing as one cruise, omitting the cabin numbers for the second cruise.  We are not in the same cabins for both cruises.  The only way I can get into the second cruise booking is if I log in using its specific booking number. Then it appears as a separate cruise.

I am totally over this medallion app.  Too many hours wasted on trying to input info.  Princess admitted defeat when they brought back the online version although if you don't know it's there you wouldn't know about it.  My cruise planner let me know about this several months ago.  Told me they were having so much trouble that they had to reinstate the online version.

Since P&O have updated their system I now have problems with them.  I never had any problems logging on to my account with them but now they have updated it when I log on, my son's details come up instead of mine.  When I try to log on as him I get told his account doesn't exist.  When I try to create a new account for me it says my details are already in use.   Ugggggg  I give up.

I agree that at the moment, the old system of checking in at the terminal seems preferable, but we might change our minds when we see how this actually works. It's obvious that this system will save staff time. Check-in should be fast and therefore requiring fewer people.🙂

I haven't tried to go into the P&O system yet. That frustration awaits me.

Well, after spending most of the day trying to sort out Medallion App and not getting thru to Live Chat. Logging out and logging in and going onto the cruise Personaliser seems to have worked.

Now all I have to do it somehow link the credit card to both cruises (one is no problem) says it can’t recognise my husband. It is his credit card though!🤣🤣🤣

Enough for today! I do have friends going on our first cruise and they cannot even do emails, don’t know how they are ever going to do this Medallion App.

Tomorrow is another day, and thanks all for the help.

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

After a couple of hours trying, I finally got my live chat and explained that I couldn't find a way to enter info for a second cruise after I had entered it for a cruise in June. The agent told me I had to enter the info for every cruise (doh!!). I responded that when I went to the Personalizer for the second cruise, it flipped back to the info I had entered for the first cruise. Then he told me they don't store the info (double doh). Frustrating. He finally understood and said that he had never encountered this and would have an expert contact me.

When I was getting ready for my cruise last month, I also had to get a tech on the phone to get my name "validated" and my passport entered.. 

Once he got that all fixed, everything else followed pretty fast.  He also told me that once the information was in the app it would stay. 

The day I got off the ship (Mar 30th) the app said "off ship" but all my info stayed on. 

I booked a cruise a week after returning for next March.

Currently, my app has a count down clock and most of my info is still there. Personal info, passenger documents, travel documents, profile photo, security photo, emergency contact all have a green check

I have to enter my charge card or method of payment, travel information, health status, link bookings and choose your Medallion wearable. Closer to the cruise.

So I would have to say that as soon as one cruise is finished the next one pops up with all the info and you just have to add current info.

Regarding a b2b..My cruises had only one booking number ..so one medallion for both legs of trip..but I did get two mini bars.

• Like 2

Thanks BRANDEE. When we return from our June/July cruise, maybe the info will be in the system for our next cruise. This one doesn't matter much because we have months before that next cruise, but the one after that is only a few weeks later so I want the info in there.

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Thanks BRANDEE. When we return from our June/July cruise, maybe the info will be in the system for our next cruise. This one doesn't matter much because we have months before that next cruise, but the one after that is only a few weeks later so I want the info in there.

Can you have your medallion sent to your home?  Princess will not ship to Canada.

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

No. We have to pick up at the terminal.

Usually we pick up at terminal due to pre cruise land trip, but this time we were only staying in FLL one night.  It was delivered two weeks ahead.

At terminal, we were directed to a Princess rep who asked if we had our medallions or she would get them for us.  Once you have your medallion, , they tap it on an ipad and check that everything is okay.  We also had to show our negative covid test resiults..then you go to board the ship.  Pretty much like waiting to get your cruise card.  

Before you get on board, you tap your medallion and if the security officer does not like your profile picture, they take another.  He did not like mine..lol

When I would go to my cabin, the picture that popped up was the one I took at home and entered..but when getting off and on the ship, it was the one the security officer took when boarding.

When you order a drink or food with your app and the server comes to find you, it is the one you take at home.  It was hard for some of the servers to find the passengers...most passengers pictures didn't have on sunglass, visors or baseball caps.  We always paid attention to the servers walking around to help out if it was our orders. 

The server who would take your order was not always the one delivering it to you..that is where the confusion caused many to never getting their drinks before the ice melted.

Edited by BRANDEE

I am sure that check-in will be faster than the old system, but the Medallion app has caused a lot of frustration.

None of us will have our Medallion so the system when we arrive at the terminal will take that into account. We don't have to show COVID test results, just attest that we had a negative test within 24 hours of boarding. We also have to have a certificate that shows we are fully vaccinated (unless the person has claimed exemption).