Club Class: $125pp more for 4 Day cruise--worth it??!!

KKB

So all we get is priority embarkation/disembarkation & priority seating for dinner?

(wine set up--well we have the beverage plan; canapes--not usually in room anyway; and terry robes? meh)

Seems like not much for $30pp/day more--we could use that to get dine in specialty restaurants.

Thoughts?

Yes, you could dine every night in a specialty restaurant, but will you ever have an opportunity to dine in CC again?  It's not just dinner.  It's also breakfast and lunch on sea days.  I enjoy dining in club class.  

Are you being upsold to a Club Class Mini-suite or a Full suite?  I don't believe mini suites get the terry robes.  And if it is to a suite, then suite breakfast is definitely worth it.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it also comes with priority tender, which can be a big deal depending on where you go, and you get to pick from the lower midship rooms, which are to taste anyways.

I don't think it's worth it though.

39 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Pretty sure it also comes with priority tender, which can be a big deal depending on where you go, and you get to pick from the lower midship rooms, which are to taste anyways.

I don't think it's worth it though.

Priority tender is not a Club Class perk.

It's an Elite perk, or full suite perk. 

Not a Perk of Club Class itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, you could dine every night in a specialty restaurant, but will you ever have an opportunity to dine in CC again?  It's not just dinner.  It's also breakfast and lunch on sea days.  I enjoy dining in club class.  

Are you being upsold to a Club Class Mini-suite or a Full suite?  I don't believe mini suites get the terry robes.  And if it is to a suite, then suite breakfast is definitely worth it.

Club Class perks list terry shawl bathrobes as a perk.

"Elevated Amenities & Services

• Premium location mini-suites

• Priority embarkation & disembarkation at beginning and end of cruise

• Priority specialty dining reservations

• Complimentary in-room wine set-up**

• Complimentary premium evening canapés upon request

• Upgraded terry shawl bathrobes" 

23 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Club Class perks list terry shawl bathrobes as a perk.

"Elevated Amenities & Services

• Premium location mini-suites

• Priority embarkation & disembarkation at beginning and end of cruise

• Priority specialty dining reservations

• Complimentary in-room wine set-up**

• Complimentary premium evening canapés upon request

Upgraded terry shawl bathrobes" 

Okay.  I've always found the terry robes to be too big, too heavy, too long to be comfortable.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 2

Haven’t dined in CC 2/4 days so far. Other options GiGis, Crown Grill, Salty Dog, International Cafe have been our choices.

canapés are discusting.

so, not worth it

10 minutes ago, dog said:

Haven’t dined in CC 2/4 days so far. Other options GiGis, Crown Grill, Salty Dog, International Cafe have been our choices.

canapés are discusting.

so, not worth it

Is there any one who does like the canapes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Is there any one who does like the canapes?

Okay. Ya got me. The "suite" canapes were pretty good. We liked the duck on a toast thingy and the macaroons (a couple of others weren't bad).

The canapes we tried when we were "just" elite & not in a suite were terrible (unless they've changed since we last tried them).

Edited by JF - retired RRT

If it's a Royal class ship, and we can get one of the forward corner minis, then it's totally worth it to us. I'm not as enthusiastic about the other minis, but I did upgrade us to one on a cruise later this year due to the horrendous lines on the Ruby last week. Don't know what my strategy will be in the future for sailings not on Royal class ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

does Princess offer 'assessable' CC mini's ( without the tub/shower combo )?  with expiring FCC to burn, sure, why not

A quick look at deckplans tells me that there are some accessible CC minis on Royal Class ships but not on other classes. 

• Thanks 2