Champagne at breakfast? Late night eats?

Notamegagirl

New to celebrity, planning on sailing equinox...do they offer champagne Perrier-Jouët by the glass (not sparkling wine/prosecco) in main dinning room for breakfast and/or lunch/dinner What about the buffet? Is there a wine list available? 

Any late night pub/bars open that serve food, or just room service? And is there bars with music open late?

Thank you...party time!

19 minutes ago, Notamegagirl said:

New to celebrity, planning on sailing equinox...do they offer champagne Perrier-Jouët by the glass (not sparkling wine/prosecco) in main dinning room for breakfast and/or lunch/dinner What about the buffet? Is there a wine list available? 

Any late night pub/bars open that serve food, or just room service? And is there bars with music open late?

Thank you...party time!

Probably need to understand that the availability of Liquors, wine and beer is subject to supply constraints. 

Celebrity has several champagnes by the glass.

As said the wine list is useless as many are out of stock and they will have others not on the old list.

No bars or pubs open into the wee hours on Celebrity.  By midnight or 1am most cruises are very quiet.

Celebrity is not Carnival.

• Like 2

Like ncl for late night eats and pub/bar; music goes later than I do....

prefer hal to carnival (once was enough)..would celebrity be comparable to hal in late night department??

And is supply issues so bad, that there is no champagne?

Maybe better off staying home...

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Some nights the Sky Lounge has a DJ from 10 30 - 12:30 or 1

Craft Social on the Equinox May have some food after 9 but not positive.

Pizza in the Oceanview till 1.

Thanks for responding, oceanview have other late night eats besides pizza??

4 minutes ago, Notamegagirl said:

Thanks for responding, oceanview have other late night eats besides pizza??

Salad bar, possibly pasta not sure what time that stops.  We eat dinner at 8:30 so late night food options are not something I pay much attention to.

IME most Celebrity ships are dead most night by midnight.

56 minutes ago, Notamegagirl said:

Thank you...party time!

Everything is in the app, all wine lists

Perrier-Jouet, only by the bottle, currently $225.  To have that in the morning, I would imagine the buffet drink station could fetch you a bottle (perhaps room service as well) you can buy it the night before and tell them to not open it so you can enjoy it the next day.

Late night eats (besides room service): Pizza, pasta and free desserts at Cafe al Bacio until midnight; craft social closes at midnight, no idea what time they stop serving food (which has a fee).

Late night party:  Every night in the sky lounge, usually starts at 11pm or 1130pm; a lot of the crew go there so if you see a group in their 20s you haven't seen before they're probably the crew.

Again, everything like opening and closing times and food and drink menus are listed in the app

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Everything is in the app, all wine lists

Perrier-Jouet, only by the bottle, currently $225.  To have that in the morning, I would imagine the buffet drink station could fetch you a bottle (perhaps room service as well) you can buy it the night before and tell them to not open it so you can enjoy it the next day.

Late night eats (besides room service): Pizza, pasta and free desserts at Cafe al Bacio until midnight; craft social closes at midnight, no idea what time they stop serving food (which has a fee).

Late night party:  Every night in the sky lounge, usually starts at 11pm or 1130pm; a lot of the crew go there so if you see a group in their 20s you haven't seen before they're probably the crew.

Again, everything like opening and closing times and food and drink menus are listed in the app

Thanks downloading now. Is the winelist upto date with current inventory on app?? 

1 minute ago, Notamegagirl said:

Thanks downloading now. Is the winelist upto date with current inventory on app?? 

I would imagine if you're within a month to the sailing it's up to date and if anything they may run out of something which could happen mid cruise anyways.  However I've never validated this since I rarely look at the app until a week before sailing.  You can bring on your own wine, no corkage fee unless you bring the bottle for dinner then it's $25 (I believe the corkage fee hasn't increased).  I'd much rather carry on a $190 bottle of Dom than pay $225 for P-J.  

The wine lists were not updated to reflect just those wines in inventory. What is and isn’t available changes from cruise to cruise,  and ship to ship. On  a recent B2B first cruise ship had 4 bottles of Caymus total, they were gone quickly.  Next sailing they got their new supplies -1 bottle of Caymus.   The available champagnes have been very hit or miss tried some we had not heard of before.  

• Thanks 1

On Apex they offered Cattier champagne by the glass within the premium package at $15 (they’re the house behind “Ace of Spades”)

However on Beyond they only offered California sparkling wine by the glass or “Celebrity Vintages” which is a Cremant de Loire and probably nicer than California. 

hopefully the beyond issue is just supply chain and there may be by the glass champagne in the MDR on your cruise. 

6 hours ago, Notamegagirl said:

I'd say that was a 'no', in our experience the details on the app only reflect what the ship would normally have in stock, it is in no way representative of what is actually available.

That applies to all products on the list, not just the wines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I usually go for breakfast then go & get a mimosa from sunset or pool bar ( but this isn't usually until about 10am ) .  Late night food - pizza & few snacks in the buffet until 1am or you can order room service until 5am - small  fee of $4.99 for however much you order after 11pm . 

8 hours ago, Notamegagirl said:

No -  Many shortages due to "Supply Chain Issues"   Just the standard menu and availability may vary.

If you want real champagne at breakfast, your best bet is to buy a bottle individually to keep in your room on ice. If you are okay with a domestic sparkling wine, the premium wine package Taste of the Vineyards starts at $169 for 3 bottles with options for 5 or 7 bottles at a higher price. Domaine Carneros sparkling wine is listed as included in that package, but they may substitute out due to availability.

You can order a mimosa with your room service breakfast, but it will most likely be made with Celebrity Vintages sparkling wine which is not distinguishable from Korbel by my palate.

Generally you can find Celebrity Vintages or a prosecco at most bars. Some will carry Chandon as well. For the best selection of sparkling wines on the Equinox, go to Cellar Masters wine bar on 4. They should carry Cattier champagne which is covered by a premium package. There are also a couple of upcharge champagnes by the glass at Cellar Masters or if you are dining in Luminae as a Retreat guest.

The Sunset bar (as well as the Magic Carpet bar on Edge Class ships) sometimes carries Veuve Clicquot which you can order by the glass. They made champagne cocktails on our last Equinox cruise in 2019. If you enjoy champagne as much as I do, you might be interested in the specialty Veuve Cliquot dinner with champagne pairings across 5 courses.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change, so it's important to be able to roll with the shortages as they affect the onboard selections. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We were on the Edge last month and they didn't have the wines by-the-glass that I ordered roughly75-80% of the time.  We ate at Fine Cut the second night of the cruise and they didn't have the first 3 wines I ordered.  In all cases I ordered from the wine list they gave me when I sat down.  The Sommelier said it was due to supply chain issues--which is very likely true, but odd for a California cab on a cruise sailing from FLL.  To be sure there was still plenty of good wine and mixed drinks to imbibe, so it's all good!  And the service was impeccable, especially at Fine Cut and Luminae.  So no harm no foul.  

Prior to the cruise I had toyed with bringing a few bottles on board, but I looked at the list and figured it was fine.  Lesson learned...I think for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on the Millie I'll likely bring a few nice bottles--best of both worlds!   😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jelayne said:

@misterkevin, just a fyi that Cellar Masters was removed from the Equinox a few years ago and replaced with Craft Social more a craft been venue although we were there they did have beverages other than beer.

I was mixing that up with Cellar Masters on the Summit. I apologize for the misinformation. I wonder what the wine list is at Craft Social? I've even been on Equinox since the change. I remember they had some great cocktails and beers there. Does World Class Bar stock any champagne? I remember it being stocked with Diageo liquors. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

You are "allowed" to bring on board 2 bottles of wine per cabin - correct??

TIA

1)  Yes, you're supposed to carry them on and are NOT supposed to put them in your luggage you drop-off at the porter

2)  Even if you're a couple, each PERSON of age can get two bottles of wine on, X-Ray crew simply checks for bad things, they're not marking off a checklist of how many bottles per stateroom.  Everyone just needs to act like a solo when in the X-Ray line.

3) I accidently got 3 bottles on...The day before, my GF and I bought 5 bottles with the intention of carrying on 4 and having the last one for dinner but that didn't happen so we figured why don't we see if I could get 3 bottles on and I did.  Clearly some XRay crew don't care about "excess" alcohol but remember you will get back later if they take it.

22 hours ago, mitz18 said:

You are "allowed" to bring on board 2 bottles of wine per cabin - correct??

TIA

Someone posted earlier today that celebrity now allows 2 bottles per person , I know n the past it was 2 bottles per person, with a 25 dollar corkage fee.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

Someone posted earlier today that celebrity now allows 2 bottles per person , I know n the past it was 2 bottles per person, with a 25 dollar corkage fee.

Edited by upwarduk

This is direct from the CELEBRITY WEBSITE:

• Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

The rule is two per cabin.