Toilet Paper or Sandpaper Royal Caribbean

I just submitted a review for my Freedom of The Seas cruise. And, I have to say the toilet paper doubles as heavy-duty marine sandpaper. So, now you know you won't be surprised at the sandpaper shortages at your home improvement center. Carnival also uses sandpaper quality toilet paper. So, please be advised. If your crack back there (dark side of the moon) is sensitive bring hemorrhoid goo or another relief cream.

19774785_1500.23092019120021.jpg59944c71fc7e9333298b4567.jpg

• Haha 3

It's true, it's not soft fluffy double ply. It's marine grade TP for marine toilets. If that's your biggest complaint, your cruise must have been amazing. You can always bring personal wipes, just don't flush them. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

That alone would keep me from ever doing a World Tour Cruise..............Can you imagine  what the people will walk like when getting off the ship on the final day? Most will have to be carried off. 😲

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

It's true, it's not soft fluffy double ply. It's marine grade TP for marine toilets. If that's your biggest complaint, your cruise must have been amazing. You can always bring personal wipes, just don't flush them. 

That stinks. 

• Haha 2

Sandpaper is an improvement.  I think the old supplier was the same company that makes the first grade Big Chief writing tablets.  Remember those- still had chunks of wood in them.  At least with the current supplier you don't get splinters!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, neverbeenhere said:

80 grit vs 400 grit is not the debate, this is…

F73BBD33-AC79-4CD7-8137-8BE4A797C0C4.jpeg

Not really any debate: A is for house guests who stay too long and act like A@@es, and B is for the people who actually live in the house and are always B#$%^ing about why someone invited those A@@es in the first place😇

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GWP-OKC said:

Sandpaper is an improvement.  I think the old supplier was the same company that makes the first grade Big Chief writing tablets.  Remember those- still had chunks of wood in them.  At least with the current supplier you don't get splinters!!

50+ yrs ago I remember School writing Paper had pieces of wood in it. Doing penmanship and hit one of those chunks

• Like 1

Toilet paper??  Isn’t that what those little square wash rags next to the sink are for??  😆
Maybe that’s why I get those dirty looks from the steward….

Edited by HicksRA
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

50+ yrs ago I remember School writing Paper had pieces of wood in it. Doing penmanship and hit one of those chunks

Back in the 70's when I started travelling to Europe on business, the one thing my European counterparts consistently requested that I bring over was American toilet paper. Compared to what was available locally back then, today's ship🧻 paper is like silk.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zippyjet said:

I just submitted a review for my Freedom of The Seas cruise. And, I have to say the toilet paper doubles as heavy-duty marine sandpaper. So, now you know you won't be surprised at the sandpaper shortages at your home improvement center. Carnival also uses sandpaper quality toilet paper. So, please be advised. If your crack back there (dark side of the moon) is sensitive bring hemorrhoid goo or another relief cream.

19774785_1500.23092019120021.jpg59944c71fc7e9333298b4567.jpg

Oh, the humanity!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A lot of it depends on how easy the toilet paper is to flush, esp when people use handfulls of the stuff. After all the toilet system on a ship, like an airline can only handle the correct type of toilet paper which i assume the cruise companies use, obviously the cheapest version. 

Speaking of toilets i find the american toilet bowls huge, like dropping a stone in a lake!!! ) Lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Speaking of toilets i find the american toilet bowls huge, like dropping a stone in a lake!!! ) Lol 

Designed with the modern american butt in mind🙄

• Haha 4