Diamond Plus Benefits

5 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

I need to do the math for doing this versus buying the unlimited dining package.  

Yes, and you can also buy a 3-night package for after you use your bogos.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcur said:

Yes, and you can also buy a 3-night package for after you use your bogos.

I was wondering this exact thing.  So the 3-day dining doesn't require one night be on one of the first two days?  i didn't see that mentioned but they always make that presumptuous reservation on night 1 for you.  Thanks again for your help. 

5 minutes ago, jaygatsby27 said:

I was wondering this exact thing.  So the 3-day dining doesn't require one night be on one of the first two days?  i didn't see that mentioned but they always make that presumptuous reservation on night 1 for you.  Thanks again for your help. 

Yes, but when you get on the ship you can change it.  I suggest using the BOGO's first, then use the 3-night package.  But, check for lunches the first 2 days, also, because you can use the 3ND package for lunches, too (I think).

Right now the packages are reduced, maybe, sorta, might be just the regular price advertised as a sale.  But, if you buy it pre-cruise, then you will able to see if a specialty restaurant is open on embarkation day for lunch.

Edited by pcur

1 hour ago, pcur said:

But, check for lunches the first 2 days, also, because you can use the 3ND package for lunches, too (I think)

You can.  We've used dining packages for port day lunches a number of times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaygatsby27 said:

I need to do the math for doing this versus buying the unlimited dining package.  

7 night unlimited dining package from $219pp includes lunch in a Speciality restaurant on sea days.

Graham.

• Like 2

We just returned from the Allure

We picked the towel as our gift, and surprise, they were out of towels, and we got a letter to pick another gift.

Well, there was nothing I wanted.

And ignored it.

But

So they sent a bottle of unknown wine to the cabin.

I did not want it and left it for the attendant with their tip envelope.  I figure they can have it, trade it or throw it away, that is why we left a little bit more than we usually do.

The laundry bag was not overly pushed on this sailing, maybe because this was the first time it was free for us..............we did not need it....................we packed enough undies to last forever.

Take care.

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We just returned from the Allure

We picked the towel as our gift, and surprise, they were out of towels, and we got a letter to pick another gift.

Well, there was nothing I wanted.

And ignored it.

But

So they sent a bottle of unknown wine to the cabin.

I did not want it and left it for the attendant with their tip envelope.  I figure they can have it, trade it or throw it away, that is why we left a little bit more than we usually do.

The laundry bag was not overly pushed on this sailing, maybe because this was the first time it was free for us..............we did not need it....................we packed enough undies to last forever.

Take care.

They don't push the bag of laundry.  On HOTS we had to ask for the bag and order form.  On EN they were in our closet.  The form for the free bag is different than the regular form.  We just put it out whenever we want as long as it's at least 2-3 days before the end of the cruise.  It usually takes about a day and a half to get the laundry back.  We were on b2b's on both trips so we needed it especially since we were on EN for 20 nights.  We get wine for our D+ and over 340 pt gifts.  I've heard of issues with some of the other gifts.  We have 4 towels and a couple of other items that have been given to us by our TA and we don't need any of the other gifts so wine it is.  What we do appreciate is the 6 bottles of water we get on boarding day.

35 minutes ago, BND said:

They don't push the bag of laundry.  On HOTS we had to ask for the bag and order form.  On EN they were in our closet.  The form for the free bag is different than the regular form.  We just put it out whenever we want as long as it's at least 2-3 days before the end of the cruise.  It usually takes about a day and a half to get the laundry back.  We were on b2b's on both trips so we needed it especially since we were on EN for 20 nights.  We get wine for our D+ and over 340 pt gifts.  I've heard of issues with some of the other gifts.  We have 4 towels and a couple of other items that have been given to us by our TA and we don't need any of the other gifts so wine it is.  What we do appreciate is the 6 bottles of water we get on boarding day.

I have used both the plastic and the paper bags for our D+ laundry; they don't seem to care which one you use.  I just put a big X through all of the pricing and write D+ at the bottom.  Never had a problem.

We also have at least a half dozen of both the old and new towels.  Dan will use one every once in a while when he goes to the pool at our Club but I've never used one !  We certainly don't need any more of those !  I really hate that you can no longer go online to take care of this.  It perplexes me as to why they removed that ability.  It seems like a lot of unnecessary work for the reps.  Whatevs....

42 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I have used both the plastic and the paper bags for our D+ laundry; they don't seem to care which one you use.  I just put a big X through all of the pricing and write D+ at the bottom.  Never had a problem.

We also have at least a half dozen of both the old and new towels.  Dan will use one every once in a while when he goes to the pool at our Club but I've never used one !  We certainly don't need any more of those !  I really hate that you can no longer go online to take care of this.  It perplexes me as to why they removed that ability.  It seems like a lot of unnecessary work for the reps.  Whatevs....

Just make sure when you call to change that you do it for both of you, or at least whoever is listed as primary.  LA on EN told us the reason ours hadn't worked for our 340 gift was that I had called in with my number and DH is the primary so I should have used his.  So, even though we're linked, for everything else, it didn't change his preferences and the rep didn't say a word.  When they look at preferences, they go with what the primary person has listed.  LA was going to be on a telecon with Miami a few days after we were onboard and talk about it with corporate.   Doing it ourselves was so easy and no one has ever said why they changed it.  

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this post.  I’m currently on day 6 of a 12 night Vision Mediterranean cruise and forgot  I had wine in my fridge with one more bottle still to drink.   Just poured myself a glass before dinner.

• Like 1

Seriously, the Quantum isn’t doing BOGO’s right now?  We are doing Alaska

in August and always enjoy using our BOGO’s.  If they don’t have enough staff does that mean they aren’t open at all, or only for full price patrons?

So to clarify…..can I use the BOGO night one and two and save the 3 night package for other nights?  Trying to decide today if I want to get the 7 night or 3 night.  If I can “save” the 3 night for later in the week that’s what I’d choose to do.  On a 7 night that leaves 2 nights in the windjammer since the DH doesn’t want to stand in line for the MDR.  We are also on a smaller ship so I only have a choice of 3 restaurants.  

We’ve never been denied the BOGO.  I wouldn’t be happy about that as it’s a good perk.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OdieCarol said:

Seriously, the Quantum isn’t doing BOGO’s right now?  We are doing Alaska

in August and always enjoy using our BOGO’s.  If they don’t have enough staff does that mean they aren’t open at all, or only for full price patrons?

I only saw it mentioned that Ovations wasn't currently offering it, nothing about Quantum.