Celebrity out of NY

ranchette

To my knowledge no.

They do have some sailing out of Port Liberty  near Newark.   Summit will be sailing this season out of there.

Having said that we were on a TA out of Southampton and we had an overnight in NY City.    What a perfect place to dock - right next to the Intrepid and an easy walk to Time Square.

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

The Summit goes out of Bayonne, NJ and also for the fall, Boston.  We are very excited to be sailing on the Summit round trip out of Boston on the New England/Canada cruise, overnight in Quebec City.  It's just a short drive to the port for us, yay!  We've been trying to do this cruise for a few years now, thanks so much, Mr. Covid.  The third time is the charm!  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

The Summit goes out of Bayonne, NJ and also for the fall, Boston.  We are very excited to be sailing on the Summit round trip out of Boston on the New England/Canada cruise, overnight in Quebec City.  It's just a short drive to the port for us, yay!  We've been trying to do this cruise for a few years now, thanks so much, Mr. Covid.  The third time is the charm!  

We are doing the Summit RT out of Bayonne to Iceland and Greenland  but  it returns to Boston followed by The New England/ Canada  that Starts and Ends in Boston.   Wonder why we didn't return to Port Liberty

33 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

We did this cruise in September 2019 when it was a 14 night round trip from Cape Liberty. It was one of our favourite cruises. We loved Bar Harbor and Halifax and Summit looked great post refurbishment. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

We did this cruise in September 2019 when it was a 14 night round trip from Cape Liberty. It was one of our favourite cruises. We loved Bar Harbor and Halifax and Summit looked great post refurbishment. 

Agree. We did too (8 September 2019) and Quebec was two full days leaving 5:PM the on the second day. Doing the 21 September 2022 Summit cruise leaving from Boston this time. Only a 12 night cruise and Quebec is only an over night leaving at 10:AM the next morning. Bummer, but still a great itinerary. 

Edited by davekathy

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We did too (8 September 2019) and Quebec was two full days leaving 5:PM the on the second day. Doing the 21 September 2022 Summit cruise leaving from Boston this time. Only a 12 night cruise and Quebec is only an over night leaving at 10:AM the next morning. Bummer, but still a great itinerary. 

We were on the same cruise and would love to do it again. We had 4 nights in New York pre cruise so it would be nice to leave from Boston, although we’ve already had a land holiday there. I wish it was still a 14 night cruise as I loved being on board for so long. 

Edited by barneyboy
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We are doing the Summit RT out of Bayonne to Iceland and Greenland  but  it returns to Boston followed by The New England/ Canada  that Starts and Ends in Boston.   Wonder why we didn't return to Port Liberty

3 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

Jim, it doesn't return to Bayonne because Celebrity shortened what was a fabulous 14-night New England/Canada cruise RT out of Bayonne  (the cruise that @barneyboy and @davekathytook in Sept. 2019, as did we) and turned it into 12 days out of Boston.   I'm sure the New England/Canada cruise will still be great, but it's two fewer days, and instead of starting with a nice sea day (the day between Bayonne and Boston on the 14-night cruise), it starts immediately with port calls and, as @davekathy noted, a pretty short second "day" in Quebec City, the gem of the cruise.   (Not to mention that the sailaway out of Bayonne is much nice than the sailaway out of Boston, especially when the ship has permission to take a detour north to sail past the Statue of Liberty before heading out of New York Harbor.)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, davekathy said:

1 minute ago, barneyboy said:

We were on the same cruise and would love to do it again. We had 4 nights in New York pre cruise so it would be nice to leave from Boston, although we’ve already had a land holiday there. I wish it was still a 14 night cruise as I loved being on board for so long. 

We were all on that cruise. 🙂   It really was wonderful, and I wish Celebrity was still doing it out of Bayonne, for the reasons I stated in my prior comment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ranchette said:

Does Celebrity cruise out of New York. Live on Long Island and do not want to fly. 

Princess and MSC appear to be the only non-premium cruise lines sailing out of Brooklyn.

And Norwegian, Carnival and Disney have sailings out of Manhattan.

We’re sailing on the new ship “Beyond” 10/26/22 from Port Liberty (NY metro area). 
9 nights stopping in Bermuda, Aruba and Curaçao. Ship ends up in Fort Lauderdale where we fly home from. 
Looking forward to a taxi to the ship, not worrying about flight delays. 
If you book, pack a costume for Halloween 🎃

1 minute ago, mfs2k said:

We’re sailing on the new ship “Beyond” 10/26/22 from Port Liberty (NY metro area). 
9 nights stopping in Bermuda, Aruba and Curaçao. Ship ends up in Fort Lauderdale where we fly home from. 
Looking forward to a taxi to the ship, not worrying about flight delays. 
If you book, pack a costume for Halloween 🎃

I no longer own a Tuxedo. 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lexmiller said:

I love going out of Boston and sailed on a great 2 week cruise to New England and Canada even doing Newfoundland.   The ship was the NCL Dawn in 2012.  I have sailed on Summit out of Bayonne in 2016.

Next year I get to now do the Summit out of Boston.

sure wish soon another ship from Celebrity besides the Summit would sail out of Bayonne.

toodles

Cunard also sails out of Brooklyn.   Regular, Britannia cabins are similar to non Retreat cabins on Celebrity.   Britannia Club is similar to Aqua and Princess Grill to Sky Suites.   Queens Grill is similar to the upper Suite Levels on Celebrity.   Sailings from the U.S. in suite cabins include drinks, tips and internet.    Folks do dress for dinner in the restaurants and the Gala evenings are formal.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So, will you not be continuing on, doing the NE/Canada run?  At first reading  I thought that you were, and I was very happy as I'd really love to meet you and thank you in person, as your recent account of your travails with covid on your multi BtoB was so helpful to so many people, including us.  

Celebrity, and I don't know how these sorts of deals are made, worked with Boston to have Boston be the home base for the Summit for the fall Canada/NE cruise.  So for the full month of Sept and October, Summit is based in Boston.  I am not absolutely certain, but I am pretty sure that 2019 was the first year this happened (could have been 2018).  Then, covid struck and we all know what happened, especially with Canada saying no to cruises - so this year is the first year back for this itinerary and homeport.  

Edited by lexmiller
I needed to rewrite

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We were all on that cruise. 🙂   It really was wonderful, and I wish Celebrity was still doing it out of Bayonne, for the reasons I stated in my prior comment. 

NYC to Boston (where we live) is a short train or bus ride!  Come on up!  We used to take the train to NYC then discovered the Go Bus - beautiful bus and super cheap!! To meet cruises in Bayonne, we now take the Go Bus the day before, stay in Manhattan, see a play, dinner etc, then take an Uber to Bayonne.  We are selfishly happy that the Summit is now for the time being, based in Boston for the fall.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm not sure why the cut out most of the 14 day cruises.   This one is only 11 days.

I guess it works for Celebrity up the prices and cut the number of day.   Kinda like raising the price of Ice Cream and you no longer get 1/2 gallon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

So, will you not be continuing on, doing the NE/Canada run?  At first reading  I thought that you were, and I was very happy as I'd really love to meet you and thank you in person, as your recent account of your travails with covid on your multi BtoB was so helpful to so many people, including us.  

Celebrity, and I don't know how these sorts of deals are made, worked with Boston to have Boston be the home base for the Summit for the fall Canada/NE cruise.  So for the full month of Sept and October, Summit is based in Boston.  I am not absolutely certain, but I am pretty sure that 2019 was the first year this happened (could have been 2018).  Then, covid struck and we all know what happened, especially with Canada saying no to cruises - so this year is the first year back for this itinerary and homeport.  

Yes.  We will be on.   We are doing a B2B2B with New England being the 3rd segment. 

Since we tested positive in May we are holding off getting our 2nd booster until about 3 weeks prior to the cruise.   I  still have no idea if they will be doing B2B testing.   I sure don't want to do the quarantine thing again.

In 2019 we did a B2B New England cruise and loved all the stops.   Probably my favorite was Newport which unfortunately we will be missing on this itinerary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I'm not sure why the cut out most of the 14 day cruises.   This one is only 11 days.

I guess it works for Celebrity up the prices and cut the number of day.   Kinda like raising the price of Ice Cream and you no longer get 1/2 gallon.

Bummer. That just ruined the rest of my day. 😁🍨

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Many folks cannot afford the longer cruises or the time from work. 

11 hours ago, lexmiller said:

NYC to Boston (where we live) is a short train or bus ride!  Come on up!  We used to take the train to NYC then discovered the Go Bus - beautiful bus and super cheap!! To meet cruises in Bayonne, we now take the Go Bus the day before, stay in Manhattan, see a play, dinner etc, then take an Uber to Bayonne.  We are selfishly happy that the Summit is now for the time being, based in Boston for the fall.  

We don’t mind that it sails from Boston as we are flying from Scotland so not much difference for us in the length of journey. Only problem is we can’t get direct flights to Boston. Just would prefer a 14 night to a 12 night cruise and as someone mentioned it’s nice to start with a sea day after a long flight followed by days of sightseeing. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We don’t mind that it sails from Boston as we are flying from Scotland so not much difference for us in the length of journey. Only problem is we can’t get direct flights to Boston. Just would prefer a 14 night to a 12 night cruise and as someone mentioned it’s nice to start with a sea day after a long flight followed by days of sightseeing. 

Agree. Fourteen nights would have been perfect.  We picked the 21 September 2022 over the 11 September 22 cruise because the 21 September cruise is a 12 night cruise and the 11 September is only a 10 night cruise.  Flying into Boston v Bayonne is a wash for us. We do have a direct flight with Delta to Boston. 

5 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We have done the Summit- but also this August out of Bayonne, we will do a 9 night sailing to the caribbean on the Oasis- good itinerary.  Also a few more days then the Summit-  We also live on LI.  Easy to get to Bayonne.

I live in Putnam and its such a pleasure to not have to fly. The flight home can ruin a wonderful vacation!

• Like 1