Why doesn't Celebrity have coffee makers in their verandas?

fstuff1

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

Coffee makers are one more thing to maintain, clean (!), replace -- they'd be happy to bring you coffee at the time you specify in the morning. Just hang the room service breakfast menu on your door before bed.

(Also, not trying to talk you into breakfast, but studies show people who eat breakfast lose more weight when they are dieting. Of course, those people don't sample everything on a cruise ship buffet, but a little fruit and some eggs will tide you over to lunch, which can then be smaller.)

i dont know what time i'm going to wake up.

i dont set an alarm.

i dont want to set an alarm, unless i have an excursion i prepaid for.

and if i'm going on an excursion, might as well goto the buffet to get coffee since i'm getting dressed in 30min anyway for the excursion.

and i'm not trying to lose weight.

i just trying not to GAIN weight by skipping breakfast :classic_laugh:

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Most Vegas hotels have in room coffee makers but perhaps not on the lower level rooms; Caesars was notorious for having an in room coffee maker but they charged you $15 for a minibar coffee kit which includes 4 pods, 2 regular and 2 decaf

where was this? and when?

i was at harrahs ac last year.

no charge for the in room coffee pods.

37 minutes ago, twodjs said:

No, not a fire hazard, but a way to differentiate between thier regular balcony and their suite offerings which have additional perks 😁. Most lines do not offer makers in thier regular cabins.

So, I'll have a coffee maker in a Sky Suite on Reflection? 

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I was on Apex in both sunset veranda and Aquaclass (doing a b2b).

No coffee maker.

I enjoy waking up, making coffee and drinking it in my balcony in my pajamas.

I dont want to get dressed and goto the spa cafe or the buffet just to get coffee. (I don't eat breakfast to cut down on weight gain on cruises.)

NCL has coffee makers in their balcony cabins. 

Why doesn't Celebrity?

I don't know. I am unable at this time to read the minds of the Celebrity executive staff. Maybe when the weather clears up reception will be better

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

The point is, skipping breakfast leads to eating more during the rest of the day. 

Anyhoodle, you could try ordering the coffee before you go to bed; it may stay warm in the carafe. Maybe not. 

You may have to compromise on something. 😉

30 minutes ago, calicakes said:

We haven’t had coffee maker in a Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite.  In a RS the butler would have coffee on the table within 10 mins of my calling,  no need to mess with making coffee.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The machines in the upper suites only make expresso type coffee, not for me. 

DIY Americano is a piece of cake.  Just need to snag a proper sized cup somewhere to go with it. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

(the ice tea out of the taps is actually worse). 

I agree.  It is absolutely horrible.  I always put that in my post cruise review...no luck though, yet, with a change.  Thankfully Cafe al Bacio exists!  😉

🍹

• Like 1

3 hours ago, calicakes said:

Does anyone really enjoy the coffee on X?  I didn't like it at all.  I had the caffe shakerato at the Bacio and I liked that, but the regular drip was not good(IMHO)

No, I can not stand drinking their room service coffee…..it’s terrible!

The only place I like is Cafe Al Bacio.

just took a look at the aero press.  Looks good.  Might consider it……thanks!

one question:  so you got room service hot water to use the aero press?

was it hot enough to make good coffee?

I apologize - I was wrong. For our upcoming cruise on the Solstice in a Celebrity Suite, the website lists "complimentary in-suite specialty coffees". After reading other posts, I watched a video of our suite. No coffee maker. Certainly a disappointment at this pricepoint. But still happy to be cruising again.

5 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

i dont know what time i'm going to wake up.

i dont set an alarm.

i dont want to set an alarm, unless i have an excursion i prepaid for.

and if i'm going on an excursion, might as well goto the buffet to get coffee since i'm getting dressed in 30min anyway for the excursion.

Not wishing to call you lazy but it is easy enough to throw on a T and a pair of shorts, nip to Cafe el Bacio and then return with a wonderful brew to enjoy on the balcony…That little walk there and back will also help with your weight management!

If it is such a big deal for you, I suggest you book a higher category of room on Celebrity or choose a different cruise line that does offer in suite coffee machines. We tend to cruise in higher suites and do have an adequate coffee maker and a butler we can ring. However, often one of us will frequently just quickly dress and get our regular Bacio brew..’Much abrew about nothing!’ 

Edited by chemmo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I was on Apex in both sunset veranda and Aquaclass (doing a b2b).

No coffee maker.

I enjoy waking up, making coffee and drinking it in my balcony in my pajamas.

I dont want to get dressed and goto the spa cafe or the buffet just to get coffee. (I don't eat breakfast to cut down on weight gain on cruises.)

NCL has coffee makers in their balcony cabins. 

Why doesn't Celebrity?

Perhaps you should consider following my DW's approach.  She has me deliver coffee to her whenever she wants coffee.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, twodjs said:

I apologize - I was wrong. For our upcoming cruise on the Solstice in a Celebrity Suite, the website lists "complimentary in-suite specialty coffees". After reading other posts, I watched a video of our suite. No coffee maker. Certainly a disappointment at this pricepoint. But still happy to be cruising again.

8 hours ago, calicakes said:

No mechanical coffee maker in Sky or Celebrity Suite but a human one!  Just ring your butler.

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

We haven’t had coffee maker in a Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite.  In a RS the butler would have coffee on the table within 10 mins of my calling,  no need to mess with making coffee.

Edited by chemmo

Most cruisers do not want to make their own coffee and it takes a lot of time to clean up the coffee machines and area' . Also the machines would take took much of the limited counter space. I suspect that the majority of people would ask to have them removed. I know that I would!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Perhaps you should consider following my DW's approach.  She has me deliver coffee to her whenever she wants coffee.

I am sure she appreciates it! Earns you points in the ‘best husband’ awards….Bringing her an afternoon Martini adds more points…

I loved the coffee on reflection, and really couldnt be bothered to make my own.

A nice run up a few flights of stairs, grab a coffee, nice and strong, back down to balcony to enjoy.

Its heaven to me, and not something I could ever feel the need to moan about.

Just now, DarrenM said:

I loved the coffee on reflection, and really couldnt be bothered to make my own.

A nice run up a few flights of stairs, grab a coffee, nice and strong, back down to balcony to enjoy.

Its heaven to me, and not something I could ever feel the need to moan about.

We love the coffee too…some days we probably get better value from our drinks package on coffee than alcohol. I have some mobility issues but still find it no big deal to catch an elevator up and down…

1 minute ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The afternoon requests are usually for wine 😉

At least if you bring her wine there will be no whining!

• Haha 1

I drank gallons of coffee last cruise.

I also drank quite a lot of Guinness too.

Put the Guinness in a coffee mug and they look the same.

Top tip if you have a nagging partner moaning that you drink too much.

Edited by DarrenM
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DarrenM said:

Hi Darren

You wouldn’t have drank a lot of Guinness on my April Silhouette cruise……they had none!!!

32 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

or have Baileys added to your coffee rather them milk!

The cabins are small enough without cluttering them with an appliance not everyone wants or uses.  I would ask the cabin attendant to remove it so I can have more space for my own stuff.

• Like 2