The Daily for Saturday 06/11/2022

richwmn

Happy Saturday!  Thanks for Daily, photos and recipes!  

It is a bit cloudy, but we will take a walk anyway!  

I’m hoping the COVID testing for HAL gets changed before our 7/9 cruise.  I’m not thinking it will.  I personally would rather wear a mask when in crowded places than have to do a test which adds so much stress to travel.  

• Like 23

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I like the quote.

Love Italian food so I'm in on the meal, like corn on the cob also.

Sailing tomorrow on the Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale, just returned from a short trip down to Fort Myers for our Rapid Tests, stopped for breakfast and just as we finished eating we had our NEGATIVE results so we are good to go. We will leave about 8:15 tomorrow morning for our drive to Fort Lauderdale and will be at the pier by 10:45, now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed that we make it through the cruise without coming down with the virus.

Thanks for The Daily,  stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds good and @dfish the first recipe has the most appeal to me.  I too like corn on the cob.  I remember my aunt and uncle having the family over for corn roasts, it was so good.  Already made a run to Walmart.  Petsmart, Kohl’s and Aldi are next up.  Luckily they are in the same center.  @1ANGELCAT I’m sorry to hear the news about Jaguar.  I know that you’ll do what is best by him.  
Today is a beautiful day I hope everyone does something fun.

image.thumb.png.3d68d27b759ffc957573b7e2ed6cdfa2.png

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Good morning. Roy glad to hear your hip is better. Couple of weeks ago I woke up feeling like I had a stress fracture in my foot. Two days later good as new. Some times our bodies go on strike!

Haven’t discussed with my Sue what’s on the agenda today as she out on her walk. Probably the usual trip to the commissary and maybe a dip in the neighbors pool. 
Yesterday’s CDC announcement of not requiring a Covid test for reentry in the US was a relief for our upcoming overseas trips. Besides our Scotland land tour and Rotterdam Norway cruise we are booked on a Scenic line river cruise in France this coming October. Relatives just completed a river cruise with Scenic and loved it. We have never done a river cruise so really looking forward to it. Ours will be a food themed cruise with a celebrity chef onboard.

Another round of thunderstorms this afternoon is in the forecast.Yesterday afternoon it got a little rough during the afternoon storms.

Thanks for all the reports and may all of you have a wonderful day.

• Like 25

Good morning friends from the English Channel where it is afternoon of course!  About 10:45 am we saw the White Cliffs of Dover and it brought back memories of our little hike taken there a few years back.  Good times!

Well, we went for our Covid tests this morning at 8:45 am as directed.  When I asked about results, the woman told me we should hear by this evening.  ??  So we asked someone else as we left and she said within about 30 minutes if positive, so we are thinking there will be a letter delivered showing our negative results by this evening and that is what the first woman meant.  You'd think they'd be specific about things like this since it's pretty important to the guests, right?  Well we haven't gotten any phone calls and it's now after 3 pm here so no news is good news I guess. 

It is really hard to stay away from some of these positive Covid passengers.  More than once one or both of us have almost walked right past an open Covid cabin doorway as the guest inside places their dirty dishes/tray on their little table.  This morning we were coming around a corner and a man was doing just that, and you could hear a woman inside the cabin wheezing and coughing!  We came to an abrupt halt and went back to the elevator foyer to walk down the opposite side of the ship.  Then when we were going back to our cabin after our testing, we saw a nurse standing in the hallway testing the passengers across the hall from us.  We had no idea how long the door was going to remain open so we turned around to do something else for 5 minutes.  At that same time, the woman and man in the cabin right next door to us came out into the hallway calling out to the cabin steward, then the woman began coughing up a storm right there in our hallway!  I can hear this woman coughing day and night next door and yet there's no little table outside her doorway.  I wonder if she is staying on and was tested this morning too?  I hope she goes home actually.  Can you imagine if she was positive also, and I had a table across the hall and right next door to me?  OMG I can't even fathom what I'd do!  So we are trying our best to remain well but sometimes it feels like that is an impossible task. 🤧😷🙏

I hope next time you hear from me it isn't with the sad news that they were so overwhelmed with positive people that it took them all day to phone us, and that we are not part of that group.  Think positive (but Covid negative)!!!

Take care everyone, and we shall try to do the same.❤️

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends from the English Channel where it is afternoon of course!  About 10:45 am we saw the White Cliffs of Dover and it brought back memories of our little hike taken there a few years back.  Good times!

Well, we went for our Covid tests this morning at 8:45 am as directed.  When I asked about results, the woman told me we should hear by this evening.  ??  So we asked someone else as we left and she said within about 30 minutes if positive, so we are thinking there will be a letter delivered showing our negative results by this evening and that is what the first woman meant.  You'd think they'd be specific about things like this since it's pretty important to the guests, right?  Well we haven't gotten any phone calls and it's now after 3 pm here so no news is good news I guess. 

It is really hard to stay away from some of these positive Covid passengers.  More than once one or both of us have almost walked right past an open Covid cabin doorway as the guest inside places their dirty dishes/tray on their little table.  This morning we were coming around a corner and a man was doing just that, and you could hear a woman inside the cabin wheezing and coughing!  We came to an abrupt halt and went back to the elevator foyer to walk down the opposite side of the ship.  Then when we were going back to our cabin after our testing, we saw a nurse standing in the hallway testing the passengers across the hall from us.  We had no idea how long the door was going to remain open so we turned around to do something else for 5 minutes.  At that same time, the woman and man in the cabin right next door to us came out into the hallway calling out to the cabin steward, then the woman began coughing up a storm right there in our hallway!  I can hear this woman coughing day and night next door and yet there's no little table outside her doorway.  I wonder if she is staying on and was tested this morning too?  I hope she goes home actually.  Can you imagine if she was positive also, and I had a table across the hall and right next door to me?  OMG I can't even fathom what I'd do!  So we are trying our best to remain well but sometimes it feels like that is an impossible task. 🤧😷🙏

I hope next time you hear from me it isn't with the sad news that they were so overwhelmed with positive people that it took them all day to phone us, and that we are not part of that group.  Think positive (but Covid negative)!!!

Jeepers! That sounds almost like an impossible task to stay away from these people.  At lease when we contracted Covid on the Nautica we were only two of the three people on the ship at the time who had it, or should I say who reported they were sick. And I (who got it first) have no idea where I picked it up.  

I hope you stay well.  You seem to be doing all the right things.  Just hope it works.

Prayers you stay well and the test results are negative.

Terri

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers When we were quarantined for Covid on the Rotterdam Hal blocked off the area and no one other than staff was allowed access. In fact, the day I was released I had to ask a cabin attendant for help in removing a barrier in the hallway to proceed toward elevators. Different line different procedure!😱😷

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Nice collection of days.

I like the quote. The meal sounds great. 

A beautiful morning with sunshine and a temperature of 77.

Not much planned today other than a birthday call to my son, (33, my first born) and the pool. 

@1ANGELCAT prayers for Jaguar.

Roy, @rafinmd, glad to hear you're feeling better this morning.

Sharon, @Sharon in AZ, gorgeous sail away photo. Thank you. 

Wishing everyone a super Saturday. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Wishing  your  son  a  great  birthday  and many  more.

Jim.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Nice collection of days.

I like the quote. The meal sounds great. 

A beautiful morning with sunshine and a temperature of 77.

Not much planned today other than a birthday call to my son, (33, my first born) and the pool. 

@1ANGELCAT prayers for Jaguar.

Roy, @rafinmd, glad to hear you're feeling better this morning.

Sharon, @Sharon in AZ, gorgeous sail away photo. Thank you. 

Wishing everyone a super Saturday. 

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

Wishing  your  son  a  great  birthday  and many  more.

Jim.

• Like 5

@StLouisCruisers Ann — just like @aliaschief said, HAL quarantine is actually isolated, the fire doors are closed separating the positive passengers. Craig said when he left it took a huge effort to open that door and was like a gust of wind blew. Also, the cabin was cooler than ours with no way to lower it and when he asked about making it warmer all that could be done was to bring him a robe. On the Oosterdam isolation was deck 6 forward of the forward elevators. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. And thank you for all of the support.

We thought yesterday would be the day or evening my sister would pass. Her oldest son, my younger sister, Sue and I decided we would just stay with her until the end. The night nurses gave her a bath to help calm her about 1:30 AM. They also were able to evaluate her condition. It seems she has mounted a small rally with a strong BP and breathing without apnea. Her parlor does not have too much mottling and her hands are still warm. We decided to leave for the night at around 2:30 AM.

Almost four hours sleep at the hotel and we are back at her bedside. Really no change and still appears to be comfortable. Breathing steady. I am thankful for being here. I missed being with both my parents but was with my son when they passed.

My brother still has not decided on the PEG. He is cognitively aware to make a decision.  My DSIL and his one daughter who is a Nurse Practitioner are laying out the facts for him today. I have no say but feel he has suffered for 20 years. Much as I would hate to lose him now too I have to question the quality of life?

I cannot thank my Daily-ite family enough for all of the support.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

About 61 years ago! My two sisters and me.

Resized_Resized_IMG_20220308_131512(1).jpg.a6a6b7ec7f0b289d983b9d30c342126b.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Good morning all!

Another drizzly morning here in the PNW, but the afternoon looks nice.  

I got my results last night -- negative 🙂  So everyone has tested negative except for DD who is isolating in their home.  My scratchy throat and headaches must be some other "bug" and that's good!

Great collection of days and I love corn on the cob, especially just-picked.  Unfortunately corn doesn't love my blood sugar so I don't have it very often.

Will pass on the drink and meal, the wine sounds good today.  Have not been to the port.

@JAM37Julia Happy Birthday to your son today!

@rafinmdRoy so glad to hear that your hip is feeling better.

@HeartgroveJack continued prayers for your sister and your brother.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, Everyone.  It's a really nice morning here in San Diego.  Great collection of days all around.  Big C.S. Lewis fan.  I won't admit how many times I've read Chronicles of Narnia.  DMIL used to live right along King Kamehameha Highway on North Shore, Oahu.

DD and her family flew off to Hawaii yesterday for their summer vacation; we have her Pomeranian here with us.  So very busy with two active doggies.  

I liked @cat shepard's suggestion of celebrating when Westerdam rejoins the fleet tomorrow.  Happy to oblige.  🍾  🥂   😊

@Sharon in AZ, on the one hand, disappointing about Montenegro.  On the other hand, hooray that you planned such a nice Venice extension to your trip.  👍

@MISTER 67, congratulations on the negative tests and Bon Voyage!

@HeartgroveJack, thinking of you during this very sad time for your family.  So difficult.  Prayers for peace and strength.  The photo of you with your sisters is beautiful.

Really, congratulations to all who are managing to test covid negative these days.  It's really something how many people are getting it right now.  Thankfully mostly mild symptoms -- but very messed up travel plans.

Thanks Rich and Company for the Daily.  Thoughts are with all of you.

Maxine

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Heartgrove said:

Good morning everyone. And thank you for all of the support.

We thought yesterday would be the day or evening my sister would pass. Her oldest son, my younger sister, Sue and I decided we would just stay with her until the end. The night nurses gave her a bath to help calm her about 1:30 AM. They also were able to evaluate her condition. It seems she has mounted a small rally with a strong BP and breathing without apnea. Her parlor does not have too much mottling and her hands are still warm. We decided to leave for the night at around 2:30 AM.

Almost four hours sleep at the hotel and we are back at her bedside. Really no change and still appears to be comfortable. Breathing steady. I am thankful for being here. I missed being with both my parents but was with my son when they passed.

My brother still has not decided on the PEG. He is cognitively aware to make a decision.  My DSIL and his one daughter who is a Nurse Practitioner are laying out the facts for him today. I have no say but feel he has suffered for 20 years. Much as I would hate to lose him now too I have to question the quality of life?

I cannot thank my Daily-ite family enough for all of the support.

Stay Safe!

- Jack

About 61 years ago! My two sisters and me.

Resized_Resized_IMG_20220308_131512(1).jpg.a6a6b7ec7f0b289d983b9d30c342126b.jpg

I love this picture but my heart aches for you at this difficult time.Prayers for your  family

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but I also had disappearing posts today.Now there are too many.

I salute the days, like the quote and might try the recipe tomorrow. 

@irishjim, orzo is pasta and very popular in our soups usually.It looks like rice!

@JAM37, a very Happy Birthday  to your son

@MISTER 67,Bon Voyage

Erewhon had asked about Tana.I have not said much lately as she is finding everything  difficult.I have asked friends of hers to stay when DH and I need to go out.The respiratory  issues alone are challenging. It leaves her quite weak.I wish I had better news.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 16

Another challenging weekend for the DVR.

• 24 Heures du Mans
  • Formula 1 in  ‎Baku‎, ‎Azerbaijan‎
  • IndyCar at Road America
  • NASCAR at Sears Point

I won't make it through Le Mans until Tuesday or Wednesday.  So, if anybody knows any of the results, I would appreciate it if you would keep it to yourself.   😜

All the tracks, this weekend, are terrific.  I am going to enjoy all these races.

NASCAR on a road track is just so entertaining.

image.thumb.jpeg.0f74791c2d8f30531eac8a221dea8e20.jpeg

• Like 20

37 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

Sorry but I also had disappearing posts today.Now there are too many.

I salute the days, like the quote and might try the recipe tomorrow. 

@irishjim, orzo is pasta and very popular in our soups usually.It looks like rice!

@JAM37, a very Happy Birthday  to your son

@MISTER 67,Bon Voyage

Erewhon had asked about Tana.I have not said much lately as she is finding everything  difficult.I have asked friends of hers to stay when DH and I need to go out.The respiratory  issues alone are challenging. It leaves her quite weak.I wish I had better news.

Sorry for your disappearing posts.  

Terry, I admire what you are doing for Tana.  It is a labor of love.  You do it with such grace and patience.  i understand the energy it takes out of someone to do this on a daily basis. My prayers are with you.

Terri

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Your ordeal in trying to stay away from Covid positive people makes me thankful for HAL's procedure of an isolation ward.  

1 hour ago, irishjim said:

Love  the  look  of  the  food but what is orzo.

Jim.

It is a type of pasta.

@Heartgrove Hugs and thinking of you at this difficult time.  I'm glad your sister has been calmed and appears peaceful.  Your brother has a difficult decision to make.  Blessings for him.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

I like the quote.

Love Italian food so I'm in on the meal, like corn on the cob also.

Sailing tomorrow on the Equinox out of Fort Lauderdale, just returned from a short trip down to Fort Myers for our Rapid Tests, stopped for breakfast and just as we finished eating we had our NEGATIVE results so we are good to go. We will leave about 8:15 tomorrow morning for our drive to Fort Lauderdale and will be at the pier by 10:45, now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed that we make it through the cruise without coming down with the virus.

Thanks for The Daily,  stay well and have a great day.

Sending you our best wishes for a fantastic cruise.

G&P 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1