Sail & Sign card or wrist band?

Megan_Strick

Which do you prefer? I would prefer a band. I refuse to wear a lanyard (I said what I said) and it would reduce the need for me to carry a purse. I'm sure if you are male or have pockets its not a big deal but I like to wear sundresses and they usually don't have pockets.

• Like 3

I have no problems with having my S&S card on a lanyard. We have one that you can detach the card & the lanyard stays around your neck. Very convenient for paying for drinks and getting back in your room. :classic_wink:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I use a hair coil with a key ring and attach my card there around my wrist. I hate lanyards. 

This is what I do. Silk scrunchies in multiple colors with key ring. Goes with all my outfits and I can just take it off my wrist and hand it to a bartender.

• Like 3

Just now, shof515 said:

these days you need your phone to use the app. the app is always useful with making reservations and see what is going around the ship 

And that makes them even angrier.  

I am not a "I put my phone in the safe" person but I still loathe with a passion having to use the app for menus.  I use my phone so often that sometimes I need to leave it in my room to charge.  I got caught a few times that way with no paper menus to use.  

• Like 1

I think they need to move to retinal scans.

Until then, S&S card, thanks.  I don't wear a watch, and I really don't like things on my wrist.  I've tried (both watches and those smart bands), and not my preference.

Maybe because I've worn a lanyard most of my career, I'm OK with S&S cards on a lanyard around my neck.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

And that makes them even angrier.  

I am not a "I put my phone in the safe" person but I still loathe with a passion having to use the app for menus.  I use my phone so often that sometimes I need to leave it in my room to charge.  I got caught a few times that way with no paper menus to use.  

I do leave my phone in the safe.  They will find a menu at the restaurants.  

I personally would love to see them move to NFC technology on the ship. That way everything could be done from the phone. Open your cabin door with your phone, pay for things with your phone, etc. Hotels have been doing this for well over a decade now. Do you know how many years it's been since I went to a front lobby of a hotel?? I check in to the hotel from the app and get the digital key on my phone. Then when I arrive at the hotel, I go straight to my room without ever going to a lobby. It's nice to get rid of that step. It's the same concept at stores. I could not tell you the last time I used a card at a store. I always use my watch/phone to pay for everything. No need to dig out a card. (and I bet it's been 25 years since I have used cash). It'd be nice if Carnival could implement NFC so we could do this on cruise ships as well. It's 2022! 

Of course they could always keep the legacy options for those who refuse to adapt to technology. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, teknoge3k said:

I personally would love to see them move to NFC technology on the ship. That way everything could be done from the phone. Open your cabin door with your phone, pay for things with your phone, etc. Hotels have been doing this for well over a decade now. Do you know how many years it's been since I went to a front lobby of a hotel?? I check in to the hotel from the app and get the digital key on my phone. Then when I arrive at the hotel, I go straight to my room without ever going to a lobby. It's nice to get rid of that step. It's the same concept at stores. I could not tell you the last time I used a card at a store. I always use my watch/phone to pay for everything. No need to dig out a card. (and I bet it's been 25 years since I have used cash). It'd be nice if Carnival could implement NFC so we could do this on cruise ships as well. It's 2022! 

Of course they could always keep the legacy options for those who refuse to adapt to technology. 

I swear you just made me feel so old.  I mean, I haven't used cash in a while myself, but didn't even think about being able to skip checking in at the hotel lobby.

As far as S&S Card or Wrist Band, I personally like the card better.  I know someone else mentioned it, but I'm so used to wearing lanyards, that I'd be less like to forget my card when it's on a lanyard.  I can't count how many times a week I forget to put on a watch.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

I swear you just made me feel so old.  I mean, I haven't used cash in a while myself, but didn't even think about being able to skip checking in at the hotel lobby.

haha, sorry! I have always worked in the IT field so anytime I can make life changes that makes life easier and quicker, I'm all for it. It's the same way with airlines as well. We drop our luggage off with the skycap and to the gate we go. No need to go to those airline counters anymore and stand in line, when your airline tickets are all on your phone. I'm all for making things quick and easy! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

12 minutes ago, Rollin Tide said:

As far as S&S Card or Wrist Band, I personally like the card better.  I know someone else mentioned it, but I'm so used to wearing lanyards, that I'd be less like to forget my card when it's on a lanyard.  I can't count how many times a week I forget to put on a watch.  

Skipping the front desk eliminates the opportunity to request a room upgrade with my friend, President Jackson.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elaine5715 said:

Skipping the front desk eliminates the opportunity to request a room upgrade with my friend, President Jackson.

Skipping the front desk also eliminates any waiting in line, waiting for a worker to show up, going through that whole process. It also eliminates an extra step. Most hotels allow you to upgrade your room on the app, if that's something you wish to do. I typically just get the room I want when I make my booking.

20 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

Skipping the front desk also eliminates any waiting in line, waiting for a worker to show up, going through that whole process. It also eliminates an extra step. Most hotels allow you to upgrade your room on the app, if that's something you wish to do. I typically just get the room I want when I make my booking.

No, they don't.  I can book a regular room, chat up front desk at check in, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades and show my appreciation with a tip and head to a make fancier room with a view, a balcony or even a suite.  An app can't do that.