OK....let's lighten up and have some fun with the latest Princess slogan

CineGraphic

5 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Just because you think I'm beating a dead horse doesn't mean it should be moved.

Since it's on topic (Princess), I think it should be here, but I'll accept whatever the mod decides.

"Enough already" is what I should have said when we were served a half-eaten app from another table.

What?

This discussion  is supremely on point, the best I have read in all the years (a lot.)   Thanks to all who are treating it seriously.   Maybe it is not fun but so truthful.  Staff was outstanding on Grand when my son and I  took the 6 day-no 4 day LA to Vancouver.  We enjoyed it completely.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teecee60 said:

The current "Princess Treatment," includes carrying more than one MILLION cruise ship passengers each year... to more destinations... on six different continents... than any other major line. Over THIRTY THOUSAND employees from all over the planet... many from an eye opening and sobering range of socio-economic backgrounds... work at a dizzying array of jobs, in an effort to provide customers with accommodations and services that many of those employees have NEVER, EVER experienced in their entire lives.

As a retired US Navy helicopter pilot, involved in the daily logistical support of EXTREMELY large ships with up to SIX THOUSAND people on each one, I believe I am significantly more aware than most people of the challenges involved in simply housing and feeding that many people on an ocean going vessel. I am also quite familiar with the extremely harsh demands that continuous operations in a saltwater environment inflict on any and all metal structures.  

I recently returned from an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. Prior to that I spent 20 nights on Emerald Princess, 10 nights on Enchanted Princess and 13 nights on Sky Princess. I am absolutely certain that there are people who have "endured" even more time on Princess ships in the last seven months than I have, but my recent experiences prove my familiarity with current conditions.

Embarkation on each of those ships was marked by the presence of HUNDREDS of workers, toiling in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions, to unload MANY THOUSANDS of suitcases belonging to departing passengers, AND to load many thousands more, belonging to arriving passengers... because those passengers are simply too entitled to do it themselves.  In addition, TONS of refuse were being removed from those ships while MANY TONS of food and other provisions were being loaded. The number of 18 wheelers hauling all those millions of dollars worth of supplies would have made C. W. McCall smile.

Hundreds more people were involved in... directing vehicles for passenger pick up and drop off...  directing passenger traffic toward luggage pickup and drop off... directing passenger traffic towards customs or check in... directing passenger traffic for embark and debark... as well as directing passenger traffic towards the correct bus or taxi. 

On board the ships, more than A THOUSAND employees were involved in getting that last drink or last plate of food to all of those impoverished and underfed departing passengers, while also getting ready to serve all of those equally impoverished and underfed arriving passengers.

With absolutely no concern for schedules, all those lazy room stewards were casually and haphazardly preparing cabins for new occupants, while employees at Guest Services were looking forward to all of the happy and smiling faces they would soon be seeing. 

Meanwhile numerous entertainers were departing the ship, while others were arriving, and even more were practicing their skills used in an attempt to distract disadvantaged and distraught passengers from the horrible conditions on board. 

All of this during a planet-wide pandemic that has seen millions of people die and many millions more economically destroyed. 

I am just not certain that I can possibly endure any more of the current "Princess Treatment," but I HAVE already decided to suffer through yet another Princess cruise. Just another Pollyanna I guess.

I think it is possible to recognize all of these efforts on the part of the crew and appreciate all they do, while at the same time also be unsatisfied with how Princess is providing a poor passenger experience while promoting otherwise. They’re running disabled ships, and taking on more passengers than they can handle as it relates to the number of staff.  That’s a company problem, not a crew or service problem. I don’t see why some people don’t understand the difference. To put it simply: Staff, good. Company, bad. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, teecee60 said:

The current "Princess Treatment," includes carrying more than one MILLION cruise ship passengers each year... to more destinations... on six different continents... than any other major line. Over THIRTY THOUSAND employees from all over the planet... many from an eye opening and sobering range of socio-economic backgrounds... work at a dizzying array of jobs, in an effort to provide customers with accommodations and services that many of those employees have NEVER, EVER experienced in their entire lives.

As a retired US Navy helicopter pilot, involved in the daily logistical support of EXTREMELY large ships with up to SIX THOUSAND people on each one, I believe I am significantly more aware than most people of the challenges involved in simply housing and feeding that many people on an ocean going vessel. I am also quite familiar with the extremely harsh demands that continuous operations in a saltwater environment inflict on any and all metal structures.  

I recently returned from an 18 night Panama Canal cruise on Caribbean Princess. Prior to that I spent 20 nights on Emerald Princess, 10 nights on Enchanted Princess and 13 nights on Sky Princess. I am absolutely certain that there are people who have "endured" even more time on Princess ships in the last seven months than I have, but my recent experiences prove my familiarity with current conditions.

Embarkation on each of those ships was marked by the presence of HUNDREDS of workers, toiling in uncomfortably hot and humid conditions, to unload MANY THOUSANDS of suitcases belonging to departing passengers, AND to load many thousands more, belonging to arriving passengers... because those passengers are simply too entitled to do it themselves.  In addition, TONS of refuse were being removed from those ships while MANY TONS of food and other provisions were being loaded. The number of 18 wheelers hauling all those millions of dollars worth of supplies would have made C. W. McCall smile.

Hundreds more people were involved in... directing vehicles for passenger pick up and drop off...  directing passenger traffic toward luggage pickup and drop off... directing passenger traffic towards customs or check in... directing passenger traffic for embark and debark... as well as directing passenger traffic towards the correct bus or taxi. 

On board the ships, more than A THOUSAND employees were involved in getting that last drink or last plate of food to all of those impoverished and underfed departing passengers, while also getting ready to serve all of those equally impoverished and underfed arriving passengers.

With absolutely no concern for schedules, all those lazy room stewards were casually and haphazardly preparing cabins for new occupants, while employees at Guest Services were looking forward to all of the happy and smiling faces they would soon be seeing. 

Meanwhile numerous entertainers were departing the ship, while others were arriving, and even more were practicing their skills used in an attempt to distract disadvantaged and distraught passengers from the horrible conditions on board. 

All of this during a planet-wide pandemic that has seen millions of people die and many millions more economically destroyed. 

I am just not certain that I can possibly endure any more of the current "Princess Treatment," but I HAVE already decided to suffer through yet another Princess cruise. Just another Pollyanna I guess.

First, thank you for your service and for documenting your credibility.  

I agree with you when you post all of the above (onboard crew, support crew, and those behind the scenes).  They work under very stressful conditions yet there is always a smile under their masks.  In my opinion, I do not have a complaint once I am on a ship.  It's the before and sometimes after that makes me cringe. 

I will probably continue to endure Princess Corporation only because they match my budget, sail from a local port, and (currently) have a ship that I enjoy.  When all of that goes away, then maybe I will have to rethink cruising in general.  Don't like NCL, Carnival, RCL.  HAL and Celebrity are on my list but will have to do better on pricing to get me to switchover.  Oceania, Viking, and Seaborn are out of my reach.  But sadly, I do not see many cruises ahead for me.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Bgwest said:

The Worst Internet at Sea. 

They need to trademark that, so no one else can grab it.

I'm surprised they haven't trademarked (or servicemarked) "Best Internet at Sea"

Nothing about a mark has to be true, it's just a slogan.

I recall Shakey's had "The World's Best Pizza"

At least according to them...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/20/2022 at 12:42 PM, CineGraphic said:

The latest slogan from the Princess Facebook page leaves the door wide-open to interpretation.

So, how would you describe the current "Princess Treatment"?

At one job I worked at, sarcastic employees referred to any communication from management as BOHICA.

I think 'Princess Treatment' is the same.

Sadly, I think they forum rules make disallow the expansion of BOHICA.

Previous slogans have been mocked by crew...

"Where I went wrong!" (as opposed to belong)

And, when a group of crew deserted the ship in ft. lauderdale:

They "Escape Completely!"

The beauty of 'Princess Treatment' is that it is self-mocking.

It can be applied equally well to any positive or negative situation.

Well done, Princess!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, teecee60 said:

Over THIRTY THOUSAND employees from all over the planet... many from an eye opening and sobering range of socio-economic backgrounds... work at a dizzying array of jobs, in an effort to provide customers with accommodations and services that many of those employees have NEVER, EVER experienced in their entire lives.

...most of whom are waiting to be called back to those jobs.

Jobs which may be lost forever due to inept management.

Thank you for highlighting their situation.

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

No, they are not coming.

They realized just how low their on board wages were once they had to start working on shore.

Low pay is  why everyone left or is not coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

I don't believe that is the case.  The cruise lines are trying desperately to hire them back, but many decided that they prefer staying and working at home, and do not want to go back.

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

No, they are not coming.

They realized just how low their on board wages were once they had to start working on shore.

Low pay is  why everyone left or is not coming back.

Sadly, that's part of the problem. On our last Princess cruise, our DR waiter got friendly with us and spilled the beans on exactly how much they earn aboard. At that time, it was less than half of what they were used to - no doubt that scared a lot of crew away. 

Of course that was with limited capacity, but it is what it is to the crew who were not experiencing a break in the workload. Some do have reasonable alternatives, some don't. 

Wonder do the mini-suites on the highest decks with cabins count as a tower?   Won't mind being kept in said "tower" free of charge until someone comes to rescue me (preferably good looking female between 21-55yrs old). 
Will need time to grow out my hair long enough for someone to use it as a rope. 
Rather not be sleeping for years. 

Will make friends with the creatures of the sea and maybe have a seagull or crab as a best friend until I'm rescued. 

1 hour ago, generichandle said:

The video should play the awful music on the Princess phone hold. Show someone asleep with the phone on their chest, and the theme is "Just You Wait".

That is the best so far!  That music is horrible.......

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Yes, I have spoken to many of the first crew returnees.  They mentioned how lucky they were to be called back (and some extended) when cruising resumed.  They also told me that many of their friends are still waiting to be called back.  It seems that Visas, vaccinations, and a slew of other issues have slowed down the rehire.  

I will continue to support the crew.  They are wonderful.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, CineGraphic said:

I'm not only surprised that someone was paid to come up with this, but that someone upstairs APPROVED it!

And the marketing department didn't ask 100 loyal clients what they'd think. 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:44 PM, karatemom2 said:

Apparently Marketing Dept and Customer Service don’t communicate. I work in Marketing and PR and the last kind of slogan you want is one that invites snark. It’s a poor choice.  

I would have stuck with a refresh or renewal message after the last two years like come back new 2.0 - “starting new together”. Or another option could have been “let us take you back to the world” branding theme. 

But they didn’t ask me. 

What would you think of reusing "back to normal" (no more masks, restaurants open) to say "With us you're not getting just normal, you're getting Princess!".

Like "Some people want to go back to normal. Others have booked a cruise on Princess. "

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Yes, I have spoken to many of the first crew returnees.  They mentioned how lucky they were to be called back (and some extended) when cruising resumed.  They also told me that many of their friends are still waiting to be called back.  It seems that Visas, vaccinations, and a slew of other issues have slowed down the rehire.  

I will continue to support the crew.  They are wonderful.  

You are correct. I speak to one cabin steward and one floor supervisor at least once a week on What's App. One is back on the ship the other the best cabin steward is begging to get back on a ship. He has told me he has to wait his turn as so many want to work and they have to wait till the others get their turn on a ship first. They are both from India

Kathy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

They need to trademark that, so no one else can grab it.

I'm surprised they haven't trademarked (or servicemarked) "Best Internet at Sea"

Nothing about a mark has to be true, it's just a slogan.

I recall Shakey's had "The World's Best Pizza"

At least according to them...

Hey nothing beats Shakey’s Bunch of Lunch, lol.  

On 6/20/2022 at 6:04 PM, vjmatty said:

I think it is possible to recognize all of these efforts on the part of the crew and appreciate all they do, while at the same time also be unsatisfied with how Princess is providing a poor passenger experience while promoting otherwise. They’re running disabled ships, and taking on more passengers than they can handle as it relates to the number of staff.  That’s a company problem, not a crew or service problem. I don’t see why some people don’t understand the difference. To put it simply: Staff, good. Company, bad. 

I see it differently.  Staff excellent, company facing challenges.  I accept that the company is trying to come back and not there yet.   Complaining does not make it better.  I am willing to cut the company some slack.  I did see they were offering big discounts into 2023, that is a sign company in trouble.  I hope it makes it.