Prices

3 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Any sign of Wine List prices on the Coral Princess yet?

Irene posted some prices on her 'live from' thread. I am taking some wine with us and will happily pay the $15 corkage per bottle (beyond the one pp allowed).

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Irene posted some prices on her 'live from' thread. I am taking some wine with us and will happily pay the $15 corkage per bottle (beyond the one pp allowed).

I could not find the wine prices which thread exactly?  Hard to find some of these threads/posts...too much hijacking on.😂 Yes I plead guilty with an explanation MAD.lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I could not find the wine prices which thread exactly?  Hard to find some of these threads/posts...too much hijacking on.😂 Yes I plead guilty with an explanation MAD.lol.

I am not sure which thread, but I recall that bottles of wine were in the $53 range. Ouch. I will see if I can find the wine list on Irene's posts.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Any sign of Wine List prices on the Coral Princess yet?

A friend has just got off the Coral, she had a drinks package and couldn't find a white she liked out of the limited inclusive wines.

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Post 174 on Irene's thread Live reports from 16 June cruise 🛳 🙂

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

A friend has just got off the Coral, she had a drinks package and couldn't find a white she liked out of the limited inclusive wines.

Julie commented that the wines available in the plus package was very limited. I'm happy we didn't pay $40 pp per day for the plus package. We don't need the internet (no longer free for Elite level pax), so we are way ahead at $15 per bottle corkage.

18 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not good Mic..none of this elixir?  I remember the days we took a couple of these bad boys, they fit nicely in the cabin fridges, lol.

95274-1.webp.53451171abc97e4a149e2902f88e0eab.webp

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jean C said:

Post 174 on Irene's thread Live reports from 16 June cruise 🛳 🙂

Got it, oh yes I did see it and made comment about the De Bortoli $8 commercial wine being marked up to $53 ott.

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

She should haved asked to see the full wines by the glass menu. They are trying to fob off that limited selection for the packages implying they are "special" for that package but they must have wines by the glass available for people that don't have packages.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

She should haved asked to see the full wines by the glass menu. They are trying to fob off that limited selection for the packages implying they are "special" for that package but they must have wines by the glass available for people that don't have packages.

On your Plus Package you should be able to order wine that I can buy by the glass (without the package) if it is under the price limit of the package.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I did manage to see the wine listing (apologies no photos here) - they did have a fair selection of wines however most of them are sold by bottle only. I bet they intentionally limit the choice of wine by glass so they can make some extra money knowing a lot of people have plus package and would like to buy inclusive wines.

Michael

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Julie commented that the wines available in the plus package was very limited. I'm happy we didn't pay $40 pp per day for the plus package. We don't need the internet (no longer free for Elite level pax), so we are way ahead at $15 per bottle corkage.

I agree, the plus package isn't geared for wine drinkers, which somehow seems a bit unfair, Pretty much the same arrangement for drinks packages on other ships too.

With plus, you can get pretty much any beer, any run off the mill cocktail, and most spirits neat or with soft drink. Wine seems so heavily restricted in comparison.

19 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I agree, the plus package isn't geared for wine drinkers, which somehow seems a bit unfair, Pretty much the same arrangement for drinks packages on other ships too.

With plus, you can get pretty much any beer, any run off the mill cocktail, and most spirits neat or with soft drink. Wine seems so heavily restricted in comparison.

Agreed.

48 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Price of Wine.......  If you have to ask you can't afford to cruise......

Whatever  the price is.... it is too dear  😁

Always buy by the bottle    except for a G&T or two or a lot more

Cheers Don

Welcome back Don.  You have been missed.  Hope all is ok with you and your family.

1 hour ago, getting older slowly said:

Price of Wine.......  If you have to ask you can't afford to cruise......

Whatever  the price is.... it is too dear  😁

Always buy by the bottle    except for a G&T or two or a lot more

Cheers Don

Agree Don, people pay thousands for a cruise then refuse to buy a glass of wine because it is too expensive at $12 whatever. Same with lugging bottles of wine on and paying corkage.  Just buy it or go without.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

Agree Don, people pay thousands for a cruise then refuse to buy a glass of wine because it is too expensive at $12 whatever. Same with lugging bottles of wine on and paying corkage.  Just buy it or go without.

It's not necessarily a matter of too expensive, it's quite often just a matter of a ridiculous price for low quality. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

It's not necessarily a matter of too expensive, it's quite often just a matter of a ridiculous price for low quality. 

Agree with that.

38 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Les is right.... ridiculous price.... I remember one cruise we felt like a port to go with a wee bit of chocolate... as one does....   the only port on board was $25 per glass   ( rather small glass at that )

the next cruise   relabeled a couple of bottles muscat as Shiraz to take on board in carry on.....

they didn"t even check..... wondering if you can still take 2 bottles of wine onboard at the start for free  ???

Having said that  we carried a 2 bottles of NZ wines on at most port on last NZ cruise, put they through the scanner and nobody said anything..... thngs could have changed now

Don with Coffee in the lounge

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Les is right.... ridiculous price.... I remember one cruise we felt like a port to go with a wee bit of chocolate... as one does....   the only port on board was $25 per glass   ( rather small glass at that )

the next cruise   relabeled a couple of bottles muscat as Shiraz to take on board in carry on.....

they didn"t even check..... wondering if you can still take 2 bottles of wine onboard at the start for free  ???

Having said that  we carried a 2 bottles of NZ wines on at most port on last NZ cruise, put they through the scanner and nobody said anything..... thngs could have changed now

Don with Coffee in the lounge

Princess and HAL permit one bottle of plonk per person, no corkage. So for two in a cabin it is 2 bottles.  Some cruise lines, i.e. P&O Straya do not permit byo.

I like your handiwork Don, I hope the cruise lines don't pick up on it. eeeek.

Yep, I have done cruises where you could bring on anything, i.e. P&O UK Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton in 2012, brought on grog every port. As you said things have changed now, the cruise line bean counters see all the revenue they are losing by permitting byo.

Edited by NSWP