Class based on cabin

5waldos

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Are there are more chair hogs on the retreat deck or around the main pool?

I will never know the answer to this question...however, by doing the math, one can speculate if that is important.

Edited by Lastdance

What are nice jeans? According to Celebrity’s written dress code they are “designer jeans”. But in practice, they are jeans without rears or rips, without stains, and fairly new looking without regard to brand or price.

1882476834_nicejeans.jpeg.2e61f9ff352b2a52ba926a184387e20f.jpeg I do not believe Celebrity has this is mind, but agree totally with the above statement!  

Just for the record, these designer jeans go with any cabin class.

Edited by Lastdance

5 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

1882476834_nicejeans.jpeg.2e61f9ff352b2a52ba926a184387e20f.jpegI do not believe Celebrity has this is mind, but agree totally with the above statement!  Just for the record, these designer jeans go with any cabin class.

I do believe if she is included it would add class to any cabin 😄

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

My educated guess is about the same, biggest problem with Retreat sun deck is there are few shady seats, and it seems like the hogs snag them first.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, RichYak said:

happy-senior-farmer-lifting-hay-fork-up-

On our last HAL cruise to Alaska in 2019, there was one gentleman who wore overalls like this every day everywhere including the MDR. I also think he only had one pair because by the end of the cruise they looked a little grimy. He didn't have the boots like the above.

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

43 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My educated guess is about the same, biggest problem with Retreat sun deck is there are few shady seats, and it seems like the hogs snag them first.

My only cruise with the Retreat sun deck was on a TA.  The ship was sailing with much less than 1/2 of the total passengers, but at full capacity in Retreat cabins. 
I think Terrydtx is correct based on our observations.  We seek the shade and the Retreat area had a lot of “saved” seats in the shade.  If one was willing to sit in the sun, there were plenty of seats.  
We spent little time in the Retreat sun deck area.  We were very disappointed that Celebrity allowed passengers to save chairs.  
Although not very profitable for  Celebrity, it was so nice to cruise with a limited number of passengers.  I believe our October Apex cruise was the first TA post shutdown cruise.  Non US citizens were removed  (forced to cancel) from the  cruise, because they were not allowed to enter the U.S. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

My only cruise with the Retreat sun deck was on a TA.  The ship was sailing with much less than 1/2 of the total passengers, but at full capacity in Retreat cabins. 
I think Terrydtx is correct based on our observations.  We seek the shade and the Retreat area had a lot of “saved” seats in the shade.  If one was willing to sit in the sun, there were plenty of seats.  
We spent little time in the Retreat sun deck area.  We were very disappointed that Celebrity allowed passengers to save chairs.  
Although not very profitable for  Celebrity, it was so nice to cruise with a limited number of passengers.  I believe our October Apex cruise was the first TA post shutdown cruise.  Non US citizens were removed  (forced to cancel) from the  cruise, because they were not allowed to enter the U.S. 

Our Equinox cruise last year was at 40% capacity but every time I was on the sun deck all of the shade chairs were claimed by the hogs, but even with the shade it was too hot to spend any time up there in August in the Caribbean. We found we spent more time in the Solarium with the covered pool and hot tubs, very few hogs there. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dolebludger said:

What are nice jeans? According to Celebrity’s written dress code they are “designer jeans”. But in practice, they are jeans without rears or rips, without stains, and fairly new looking without regard to brand or price.

That’s the thing! My designer jeans are ripped, that’s what I paid extra for, designer rips!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, 5waldos said:

Have not sailed on Celebrity before and looking forward to our Alaska cruise in late July. But am a bit concerned about seems like quite a focus on what cabin class one has booked. Special places onboard, special treats, special this and that and the other thing. I do understand that there is a rather huge difference in the price paid for different levels of cabins but I am not entirely comfortable with what seems like a real classist experience. Is this something that we will experience onboard? In line waiting for something will "upper suite" passengers be pushed to the head of the line, for example? My recent sailing history has been on the luxury lines where cabin choice didn't really make much of an impact on the onboard experience- and I worry that it might on Celebrity. 

Am I going to feel like a second class passenger? Or am I just reading too many posts which highlight these differences?

People who pay more on most cruise lines get more.  If you sail on celebrity, yes you get more if you are in a sky suite or above.  You will enjoy early boarding, a special dining room, lounge and deck.  The suite of course is larger and therefore more comfortable and you have a butler to help arrange things for you.  

However the regular and discount cabin passengers have access to many amenities- Just like other lines, you get more if you pay more.

You will have access to the same buffet, pools (except if on retreat deck) entertainment,  and all of the amenities.  Perhaps not priority.  

We have sailed on many cruise lines, all similar and have suite perks.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

19 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Our Equinox cruise last year was at 40% capacity but every time I was on the sun deck all of the shade chairs were claimed by the hogs, but even with the shade it was too hot to spend any time up there in August in the Caribbean. We found we spent more time in the Solarium with the covered pool and hot tubs, very few hogs there. 

Retreat Chair Hogs or just supply and demand?  Suites are sold out even on limited capacity ships.  And very few chairs in the shade in the Retreat.  If I'm in a suite and want shade I will generally go on my balcony.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Retreat Chair Hogs or just supply and demand?  Suites are sold out even on limited capacity ships.  And very few chairs in the shade in the Retreat.  If I'm in a suite and want shade I will generally go on my balcony.

I agree, we enjoy just sitting on our Balcony enjoying a glass or two of wine, when in a suite.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I agree, we enjoy just sitting on our Balcony enjoying a glass or two of wine, when in a suite.

Yes that is what we do as well.  We actually have very little reason to hang out in the Retreat at the pool.  We are not pool people on ships.  We will occasionally use the Retreat Lounge maybe before dinner in Luminae.  We will use the Retreat concierges as needed.  Occasional pop in at tea time.  That's about it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/3/2022 at 11:53 AM, Dolebludger said:

Sadly, my days of wearing 'jeans without rears' is over......

😇

• Haha 4

On 7/3/2022 at 9:33 AM, mfs2k said:

It's only an issue if you're on the non-smoking side of the Retreat sundeck.  Even then, it's not a problem if you've properly tipped the crew out there.

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

It's only an issue if you're on the non-smoking side of the Retreat sundeck.  Even then, it's not a problem if you've properly tipped the crew out there.

I didn't know there was a smoking side of the retreat deck.