Captain's Club Program Changes

HskrCrsr

I posted about drink package discount increasing. It turns out there are more changes to the Captain's Club program. See here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

You'll find the drink package discounts discussed, member events, and interesting changes (I think they are changes) to the MoveUp program where your tier gives you a bonus over your bid.

I fully expect an email from Celebrity since these are more substantial than just the drinks.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

They are bringing back the events that were cancelled.  Good.  The MoveUp bonus of 4% sounds nice, but what in reality does it mean.

Having cruise only fares return is great especially for our solo travelers. 

I think that MoveUp bonus functionally serves as a tie-breaker. If two tiers bid identically, the upper tier wins. I think it does nothing more than that.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I think that MoveUp bonus functionally serves as a tie-breaker. If two tiers bid identically, the upper tier wins. I think it does nothing more than that.

That's how I read it. They add X% to your bid for the purposes of selecting the highest. If a zenith bids $1000, it'll be treated as if the bid were $1050. E+ would be treated as if it were $1040. And so on. 

Thanks!  Agree with everyone on moveup as it states "So, you get more value than what you bid".  Like the example above, you bid $1000 but bid amount will be $1050 if you're zenith.  Nice little perk and will most likely reduce the number of ties especially with the minimum bid

• Like 1

Thanks!  They said, way back when, that they would be making changes and some cancelled events would return.  While some will find something to complain about I’m pleased to see the return and additions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

So it looks as tho the CC happy hour from 5-7 will now be available for everyone and not just an Elite and above perk.

Unless you're seeing something I'm not, looks like it's still Elite and above

image.thumb.png.9370ad1ede41facd0c8917bf07feeba5.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

CAD3907C-4468-4234-931B-EA4F82E968A9.jpeg

Thanks...It's a bit ambiguous and I'd bet they'll eventually update the copy.  I believe they'll shoehorn in "(Elite and above") because this will greatly reduce revenue from folks not buying drink packages or drinks a la carte.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, waggie said:

Are Celebrity issuing vouchers for the Cocktail Hour that can be used in all bars?

By opening up the Cocktail Hour to all CC classic and above how will the one bar manage?

They haven’t used vouchers for years and almost all bars are available for the free Elite 5-7 pm drinks, except the World Class bar.

There was a specific menu, wonder if that will remain.

B301DB88-1A8C-43E6-B2C1-BD82DD6C0F6C.thumb.jpeg.64ae60182ad1cbd906388a60347807cc.jpeg

15 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

They haven’t used vouchers for years and almost all bars are available for the free Elite 5-7 pm drinks, except the World Class bar.

B301DB88-1A8C-43E6-B2C1-BD82DD6C0F6C.thumb.jpeg.64ae60182ad1cbd906388a60347807cc.jpeg

Thanks very much - getting back to cruising after 3 years I am pleased to have the option of the different venues. Enjoying reading these boards to see what has changed.

8 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I posted about drink package discount increasing. It turns out there are more changes to the Captain's Club program. See here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/program-changes

You'll find the drink package discounts discussed, member events, and interesting changes (I think they are changes) to the MoveUp program where your tier gives you a bonus over your bid.

I fully expect an email from Celebrity since these are more substantial than just the drinks.

Good catch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Thanks 1

Really not much increased value in the program after you reach Elite level.

Many things returned but notice none of the priority xyz stuff.   Given some statements in the last year that's all going to be reserved for stateroom categories (Suites).

Edited by wrk2cruise

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Really not much increased value in the program after you reach Elite level.

Many things returned but notice none of the priority xyz stuff.   Given some statements in the last year that's all going to be reserved for stateroom categories (Suites).

Priority tendering is still listed, thankfully. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, waggie said:

Are Celebrity issuing vouchers for the Cocktail Hour that can be used in all bars?

Considering that vouchers aren't part of this change, I would expect that they are not coming any time soon (if ever).

8 hours ago, waggie said:

By opening up the Cocktail Hour to all CC classic and above how will the one bar manage?

I doubt the CC HH is open to Classic and above. Misprint. Imagine that.

No need for drink vouchers as elite and above have in the past and currently have unlimited drinks loaded on the Sea Pass card to use at most bars between 5 to 7:PM.  

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

Considering that vouchers aren't part of this change, I would expect that they are not coming any time soon (if ever).

Much easier to have them tied to sea pass and it reduces the problem of E and above with drink packages giving their vouchers away.  

10 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, same limited menu. It really needs updating as it's very 'old'.

It's listed in the updated benefits brochure.

captains-club-brochure-pager (zmags.com)

Notice that Zenith benefits no longer include access to MC/Retreat. They originally said that this was temporary due to Covid., now it’s officially permanent! Loyalty means nothing! Idea: Should permit Zeniths to use MC/ Retreat on a space available basis on M&S class ships, This might cause Zeniths to book more cruises on M&S class ships.

• Like 2