Suggestions for good games to bring onboard

We are going on the Anthem soon and it’s a 14-night cruise. We have four sea days. We are a family group of 9 people (includes extended family) ranging from 16 to 67. 
what are hood games to bring with us to play on sea days? I am already packing a set of dominoes. 
I should also note that we have to fly from the US to London, so luggage space is limited. 

47 minutes ago, doppelganger2621 said:

There should be a card room on board that has board games. We were on Allure and they had monopoly, scrabble, dominoes, cards, chess, and checkers

All the RCI ships we've been on had board games available. But we do bring our own Scrabble.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm sure @John&LaLahas some ideas. 

Best for a large group is Cards Against Humanity

Best board games we've played are Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Cattan, but both are fairly bulky.

Card games are Rummy, Hand & Foot, and Golf

Five Crowns is good, cheap and small

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

We learned how to play Splendor on a cruise ship a few months before Covid, then  bought the game and started playing it at home during the cruise shutdown. Last week, our daughter joined us on a cruise and because she also enjoys Splendor, we were able to play the game again while cruising. 

Our other favorite board games at home are Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan, but we never even considered bringing either game along on a cruise. I made a point of packing up all the Splendor cards, coins, and instructions to bring along, because we enjoy the game THAT MUCH, lol. 

Edited by sushitex
  • Like 1

Skyjo:  fascinating and challenging.  Easy to pack:  7.64 x 3.98 x 1.38 inches

• YOUR GOAL: Try to get as few points as possible through flipping, trading and collecting cards over the course of several rounds. This is only possible as long as a player has not uncovered all his cards, because then ends a round. So beware, keep a close eye on the game and be cautious and wary of the other player's actions!

You have to watch all the other face-up cards as well as keep track of your own.

I would agree with UNO. We use it for flights and trains etc too. Possibly a travel tribal pursuit either. Regarding the board games, do they have to be played in the card room onboard or can they be borrowed?

If you like Ticket to Ride there are mobile versions that you do not need internet for. You would have to pass ipad/tablet between people, but you can play without taking the bulky board.

We always take cards to play contract gin if we have more people. Yahtzee is always a good choice, we have a travel one that zips closed. 

12 hours ago, doppelganger2621 said:

There should be a card room on board that has board games.

The library in 270 on Anthem which usually has those had them still removed as of a couple of months ago - just books.

16 hours ago, Florida_cruisers said:

We are going on the Anthem soon and it’s a 14-night cruise. We have four sea days. We are a family group of 9 people (includes extended family) ranging from 16 to 67. 
what are hood games to bring with us to play on sea days? I am already packing a set of dominoes. 
I should also note that we have to fly from the US to London, so luggage space is limited. 

How about you take some games that you play at home?  Just a random thought…

We love National Parks Trek -- much like the more popular Ticket to Ride.  Never buy both. 

Tacos vs. Burritos 

Trash Pandas 

Munchkin -- many expansions available 

Carcassonne -- hope I spelled that right 

Monopoly Deal -- a card game, not the original 

• Like 1

Cribbage, you don’t need the board

pinochle - or make your own decks from existing decks

of course- spin the bottle - but they have bottles available onboard

pub crawl

one or a million dice games usually six dice needed max. 

• Haha 1