Boarding the Harmony?

Reading I am concerned about the chaos when boarding. We will be cruising on the Harmony out of Port Canaveral in September. Those who have cruised on it last month or this month, can you tell me how your boarding went. What about debarkation?

Our April 24th couldn't have been easier...even with an under age 5 that needed to be covid tested at the port. Easy getting off the ship as well...we did self assist.

1 minute ago, orville99 said:

Have not experienced any problems on our last six Harmony cruises this year - either boarding or debarkation.

Have the shows changed? Last cruise on the Harmony was 2018. Columbus and Grease were the shows.

54 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You cruised on the Harmony 6 times just this year?

3 B2B between January and April. Have two more B2B scheduled - one on Mariner (16 nights) leaving on Saturday, and a B2B on Harmony in October. There’s an 8-night Bermuda cruise between those, and an 8-night December cruise on Jewel.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Have the shows changed? Last cruise on the Harmony was 2018. Columbus and Grease were the shows.

The shows have been hit or miss because of cast shortages and other  logistics issues, but they are getting back to a more normal state. The shows themselves have not changed much since 2019-2020 before the shutdown.

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Still Grease, no Columbus. Just headliner, ice shows, aqua show, adult comedy, etc.

On June 26 we arrived at noon.  Separate line for suites/pin/key.  All others got in a very long line.  Zigzag from terminal out to the end of the parking garage, then wrap back on left to the terminal entrance, then back out to the end of parking garage.  On first approach to terminal they pulled groups with kids that needed testing.  Everyone else looped back to the end of the zigzag.

Chaos?  Took about 20 minutes, and it looked like they were just starting processing when we arrive.

I was there in April out of Bayonne.  It took us 2 hours to board, and debark was much smoother.  My suggestion: bring a jacket with you in your carry-on luggage!  I didn't bring my windbreaker in my carry-on (it was in my checked luggage) and I regretted it!

6 hours ago, orville99 said:

3 B2B between January and April. Have two more B2B scheduled - one on Mariner (16 nights) leaving on Saturday, and a B2B on Harmony in October. There’s an 8-night Bermuda cruise between those, and an 8-night December cruise on Jewel.

DW and i are on the harmony on october 23 and october 30

• Like 1

We just got off Harmony Sunday. We also on Harmony 12/12 and 4/24. When we got on June 26 the boarding process was the worst of the 3 cruises and it wasn’t close.

We had a 11:00 appointment arrived at the pier at 11:10 and stepped on the ship at noon. Just bring patience. While in line we heard there were 6300 pax onboard.  The cruise was great.

Sunday we walked off and were sitting in our shuttle by 6:30. 

Greg

9 hours ago, coachmike1959 said:

DW and i are on the harmony on october 23 and october 30

We are on the 9th through the 23rd. We will try not to mess it up too much before you board.😇

On 7/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, orville99 said:

Can't decide if I'm impressed or jealous  🤣👍

As folks have stated, it's a streamline process anymore.  No issues whatsoever that I can think of.  From parking to being on the ship it was maybe 1/2 hour.  When you get on, do your mandatory muster drill just to get it out of the way. And even that is very efficient too.  Have a great time.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:32 PM, OCSC Mike said:

Still Grease, no Columbus. Just headliner, ice shows, aqua show, adult comedy, etc.

I miss "Fine Line".   They only had it for a short time...loved it.  Probably staff shortages...or costs.  Not sure.  

OP:  Most important thing...arrive at your assigned check in time.  Things will go much smoother if everyone did.  

We have a new system now.  Since I prefer parking inside the garage...we arrive early to drop off luggage with porters to score one of those parking spots, then leave our carry on bags in the vehicle.  

Walk over to Grills for a couple of delicious Bloody Marys to enjoy on the deck.  Then we walk back to  collect our carry on bags, and saunter down for our check in time.  Easy Peasy...walk right in.  And of course mood is slightly better to deal with crowds as well by that time. 😉 😄 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 7/7/2022 at 6:52 PM, LeeW said:

On June 26 we arrived at noon.  Separate line for suites/pin/key.  All others got in a very long line.  Zigzag from terminal out to the end of the parking garage, then wrap back on left to the terminal entrance, then back out to the end of parking garage.  On first approach to terminal they pulled groups with kids that needed testing.  Everyone else looped back to the end of the zigzag.

Chaos?  Took about 20 minutes, and it looked like they were just starting processing when we arrive.

I was on that same sailing. Got the port at 10:20. On board before 11. So they definitely started processing prior to noon. The zig zag line was also long for us, but not as long and it moved fast.

On 7/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, LeeW said:

They started much earlier that day than you thought.

We were also on the 6/26 sailing.  Our check in time was 10:30 and we arrived at 9:40 The zig zag line was already 1/3 the length of the parking garage.  People lined up steadily behind us.  They opened the doors to the terminal by 10:15 and the line moved pretty quickly.  We were checked in by 10:30 and on the ship by 11:00.