Concierge Services

dream2cruise

We are sailing in a concierge class cabin on our first Celebrity cruise.  What are some reasonable requests for a concierge?  We have been scratching our heads to figure out what the concierge could do for us.  We would tip well if we can figure out how to make use of the concierge.  Could the concierge help with any of the following?

1.  Make dinner reservations with friends onboard who didn’t book with our TA.  We have tried to do this online and cannot.  We were able to make reservations with friends who did book with same TA.

2.  Arrange a taxi pickup for us when we arrive back in Seattle.

3.  Decorate a friend’s cabin for a celebration or arrange for a special dessert or meal for a celebration.

4.  Provide port maps.

5.  Request table location in the main dining room for select dining reservations.

Edited by dream2cruise
Typo

The concierge is for ALL concierge class cabins. None of the above are tasks to ask of them. These tasks are more for a butler. The concierge probably will print boarding passes if you wish. Concierge is mostly there just to answer questions. Guest services may have port maps. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

We are sailing in a concierge class cabin on our first Celebrity cruise.  What are some reasonable requests for a concierge?  We have been scratching our heads to figure out what the concierge could do for us.  We would tip well if we can figure out how to make use of the concierge.  Could the concierge help with any of the following?

1.  Make dinner reservations with friends onboard who didn’t book with our TA.  We have tried to do this online and cannot.  We were able to make reservations with friends who did book with same TA.

3.  Decorate a friend’s cabin for a celebration or arrange for a special dessert or meal for a celebration.

4.  Provide port maps.

5.  Request table location in the main dining room for select dining reservations.

Yes

no

yes

Maybe 

ye$ if available ju$t be nice and they will do their best 

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

The concierge is for ALL concierge class cabins. None of the above are tasks to ask of them. These tasks are more for a butler. The concierge probably will print boarding passes if you wish. Concierge is mostly there just to answer questions. Guest services may have port maps. 

Is there one concierge for all 270+ concierge cabins?

28 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

4.  Provide port maps.

2. No.  The best they can do is to put you in touch with Private Journeys for a private car, but you probably don't want to do that.  It's very expensive to go that way.  Just FYI, that's true for everyone on board.

5 minutes ago, 39august said:

We have cruised twice in concierge class a few years ago, and yes, there was one concierge for all concierge cabins. 

Thanks.  We will keep that in mind and not bother them with silly questions and requests.  Time is valuable.

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

2. No.  The best they can do is to put you in touch with Private Journeys for a private car, but you probably don't want to do that.  It's very expensive to go that way.  Just FYI, that's true for everyone on board.

Thanks.  We will just put our thumb out and see what happens.  😀  I am sure there will be plenty of taxis available to get us to our overnight hotel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it seems like having a concierge doesn’t amount to a whole lot. What are the benefits of Concierge Class, given that the cabins are significantly more expensive than a standard veranda. 

5 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

So it seems like having a concierge doesn’t amount to a whole lot. What are the benefits of Concierge Class, given that the cabins are significantly more expensive than a standard veranda. 

Great question.  We put in the minimum bid for a moveup to see what concierge class would be like without paying the huge premium.  So far, here are the advantages that I have found:

• cabin location
  • premium bedding
  • pillow selection upon request
  • upgraded shower
  • complimentary shoe shine
  • daily canapes
  • complimentary sparkling wine upon request
  • exclusive destination seminar
  • concierge lunch

I have seen the concierge in action when a family had to leave the ship for an unexpected emergency and the concierge helped them to get plane tickets and transportation home.  I have also seen the concierge help in the search for lost luggage and arrange for it to be delivered to the next port.  

• Like 1

Except for getting 5 points a day (same as Aqua) , there is little advantage IMO.

Concierge cabins are often available for few dollars more than a Veranda. You need to  make the choice if it is worth it to YOU.  Exactly the same as for other cabin choices.

13 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

Great question.  We put in the minimum bid for a moveup to see what concierge class would be like without paying the huge premium.  So far, here are the advantages that I have found:

• cabin location
  • premium bedding
  • upgraded shower
  • daily canapes
  • concierge lunch

+ enhanced b'fast menu.

In our Beyond cruise, there were 2 concierges. They'll print boarding passes for you.

In the last day of the cruise, I waited a long time after a gentlemen with a party of 6 people, asking the concierge to book his seats for his flight home. He wanted aisle, and window, and together, and she patiently moved his party around, until his was satisfied with the "results". He apologized for my long wait...

In the first day, we couldn't figure out the "free wi-fi" perk and the "elite" perk. The concierge sorted it out for us, and, upon my request, arranged to switch between the two "perks" easily and economically.

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

+ enhanced b'fast menu.

In our Beyond cruise, there were 2 concierges. They'll print boarding passes for you.

In the last day of the cruise, I waited a long time after a gentlemen with a party of 6 people, asking the concierge to book his seats for his flight home. He wanted aisle, and window, and together, and she patiently moved his party around, until his was satisfied with the "results". He apologized for my long wait...

It would be great if the concierge could help with getting our first class airline seats together.  I have been patiently checking everyday to get that sorted.  We originally reserved seats together with Flights by Celebrity on American Airlines but the seats got changed with some AA changes.  We didn't find out until after final payment was made and flights were ticketed.  Thankfully, I was able to get seats together on flights to Seattle.

44 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

• cabin location
  • premium bedding
  • upgraded shower
  • daily canapes
  • concierge lunch

We has concierge class on Silhouette and Beyond recently.  Silhouette because it was a late booking and that was all that was available and Beyind because we got a moveup bid accepted . We were moved from deck  6 to  deck 12. 

The Canapés, IMO, aren't very good and we didn't eat them. The wine on Silhouette was nice but on Beyond it was horrible, pink sweet fizz. We had one mouthful and left it. 

I think you also get upgraded shampoo/conditioner/body lotion and better bath robes and slippers plus umbrella and binoculars left in room for your use. The towels were thick, not sure if they  are different 

The embarkation lunch was nice. 

42 minutes ago, dream2cruise said:

It would be great if the concierge could help with getting our first class airline seats together.  I have been patiently checking everyday to get that sorted.  We originally reserved seats together with Flights by Celebrity on American Airlines but the seats got changed with some AA changes.  We didn't find out until after final payment was made and flights were ticketed.  Thankfully, I was able to get seats together on flights to Seattle.

They should be able to help with that.  We’ve been concierge several times, when on M-class  for the added square footage, once on a sailing when we wanted an aft cabin and they were concierge and then when very little price difference.  We have never needed to use the concierge, but on a cruise departing Civitavecchia a couple on our roll call flew in that day from London - but their luggage stayed at Heathrow.  The concierge located it, arranged for it to be flown to our second port as the first port had no connection to Heathrow.  She also arranged complementary formal wear (it was back in the day), free laundry for the few items they had with them and transport of the luggage to the ship at the second port.

as for the canapés, we always request cheese, crackers and fruit instead.

Edited by bama4cruisin

3 hours ago, dream2cruise said:

You can do this yourself if you call X and get your reservations linked. You'd need your friends reservation number.

No

Decorate cabin, no. As far as a special dessert, inform your waiter and the maitre d about the occasion and remind them quietly the day of the celebration and they'll bring a lovely, rich chocolate cake.

4.  Provide port maps.

Yes. We've also gotten a few great recommendations of nice beaches to visit that many don't know.

No. However they may be able to make a reservation for you. You can do it yourself very easity for select dining on either the website or the app.

We've also asked the concierge to confirm our return flight reservations and to print our boarding passes. Also they no longer provide the bottle of bubble on embarkation day. Just ask your cabin steward for it on the day you want it.

Edited by Luvcrusn

I've done Concierge consistently.  They have helped me learn what businesses were open on St. Thomas following Hurricane Maria,  and enrolled my DH (on our 2021 honeymoon cruise) into the Captain's Club. 

It is my hope the Concierge on our next cruise will help us arrange a golf cart or shuttle from the ship to the taxi stand in Sint Maarten on our next cruise.   Fingers crossed....

9 hours ago, 39august said:

Extra CC points, but I can't remember what they are. I would never again pay more for concierge class cabin. The canapes are terrible as is the sparkling wine. 

Our room steward happily switched the canapes for cheese, crackers, & fruit. He also exchanged the sparkling wine for a Chardonnay. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 5waldos said:

They aren’t always more expensive. We have 4 cruises in a row in Concierge cabins and all were cheaper than a veranda

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cdn_tbird said:

Our room steward happily switched the canapes for cheese, crackers, & fruit. He also exchanged the sparkling wine for a Chardonnay. 

That’s nice! I asked if we could  change ours for wine and was told no