Warning if your about to cruise on Coral.

16 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We can't be sure that Princess is trying to sell cabins at the moment. The prices are being shown on a couple of TA sites, but a few minutes ago I tried to do a dummy booking and got the message that I couldn't book on line and had to phone the TA.

It was showing as available on Princess for a bit earlier today.  Yes, it would be too late now anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Late cancellations by pax. ?
Will be interesting to hear how many on board on the next Coral Princess cruise.

I will be sailing tomorrow! Covid is everywhere at the moment 

so I could be safer on the ship than elsewhere! Life has to go on! Yes I think some people have cancelled so we might be sailing with reduced numbers, Boarding time is two hours later as they are probably spending time cleaning after the departure of the passengers who contracted Covid. Also some of the crew might be back after isolating - I hope so! 

Having lost my husband and my son to cancer I know how important it is to live life to the full! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, queenslander said:

I will be sailing tomorrow! Covid is everywhere at the moment 

so I could be safer on the ship than elsewhere! Life has to go on! Yes I think some people have cancelled so we might be sailing with reduced numbers, Boarding time is two hours later as they are probably spending time cleaning after the departure of the passengers who contracted Covid. Also some of the crew might be back after isolating - I hope so! 

Having lost my husband and my son to cancer I know how important it is to live life to the full! 

I think the main reason for the delay in boarding is the extreme weather that has caused the Coral Princess to slow down. The last up-date I read is that she is scheduled to arrive at 11am instead of 6am. I would not be surprised if her arrival is delayed even further. The weather is forecast to become more extreme. The ship might have to shelter in Moreton Bay before docking when it is safe to do so.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I think the main reason for the delay in boarding is the extreme weather that has caused the Coral Princess to slow down. The last up-date I read is that she is scheduled to arrive at 11am instead of 6am. I would not be surprised if her arrival is delayed even further. The weather is forecast to become more extreme. The ship might have to shelter in Moreton Bay before docking when it is safe to do so.

Thank you for that information! It makes sense that there will be some delay due to the extreme weather but it should improve after the weekend. I already have a late checkout from my Brisbane hotel but as long as the ship is sailing I will be on it! 😊

• Like 3

Just now, queenslander said:

Thank you for that information! It makes sense that there will be some delay due to the extreme weather but it should improve after the weekend. I already have a late checkout from my Brisbane hotel but as long as the ship is sailing I will be on it! 😊

The weather is supposed to improve tomorrow afternoon, but, it will get worse before it gets better. The Coral Princess might even have to wait off the Sunshine Coast before taking on a pilot. Usually the pilot boards at 2am, but in extreme weather, he wouldn't be able to board. I have heard that the Port of Brisbane is closed at the moment.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, queenslander said:

Maybe it would be worthwhile for you to check the Coral Princess bridge camera by going on the internet tomorrow morning. By checking periodically you will be able to see when the ship docks at the BICT. There will then be several hours' delay while the passengers presently on board disembark before the new passengers will be able to board.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The weather is supposed to improve tomorrow afternoon, but, it will get worse before it gets better. The Coral Princess might even have to wait off the Sunshine Coast before taking on a pilot. Usually the pilot boards at 2am, but in extreme weather, he wouldn't be able to board. I have heard that the Port of Brisbane is closed at the moment.

I always look on the bright side so I'm hoping that we will still sail even if there are some problems due to the weather! Good to know the possibilities but at the moment I am still looking forward to my BtoB cruises and keeping my fingers crossed! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Maybe it would be worthwhile for you to check the Coral Princess bridge camera by going on the internet tomorrow morning. By checking periodically you will be able to see when the ship docks at the BICT. There will then be several hours' delay while the passengers presently on board disembark before the new passengers will be able to board.

Good idea - I will do that! 

• Like 1

Just now, queenslander said:

Good idea - I will do that! 

It is extremely unlikely that the ship won't be able to dock during the day and equally unlikely that your cruise won't get under way tomorrow. However, I feel it is likely to be much later in the day. It is in Princess' best interests to get the ship into port tomorrow, even if it is in the afternoon. They won't want to pay a night's hotel accommodation for the new passenger waiting to board. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I haven't seen an official announcement about a closure, but there are certainly no ship movements. At present, the next scheduled ship movement for Port of Brisbane is Coral Princess, now expecting to board a pilot at 7am.

With her current location and speed, she is 10 to 11 hours away from the pilot station, so will continue to cruise through the night and hopefully the conditions are considered safe when she arrives there in the morning.

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I haven't seen an official announcement about a closure, but there are certainly no ship movements. At present, the next scheduled ship movement for Port of Brisbane is Coral Princess, now expecting to board a pilot at 7am.

With her current location and speed, she is 10 to 11 hours away from the pilot station, so will continue to cruise through the night and hopefully the conditions are considered safe when she arrives there in the morning.

The weather is forecast to deteriorate overnight and into tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

It is extremely unlikely that the ship won't be able to dock during the day and equally unlikely that your cruise won't get under way tomorrow. However, I feel it is likely to be much later in the day. It is in Princess' best interests to get the ship into port tomorrow, even if it is in the afternoon. They won't want to pay a night's hotel accommodation for the new passenger waiting to board. 

I think they'll do their utmost to get the next lot of passengers onboard some time tomorrow even if the ship just sits at the wharf overnight.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, queenslander said:

I understand your sentiment completely!!! - BUT, I also understand that if I get this damned virus sometime, I only have to isolate at home for a week or so - I would not like to have to do this inside a cruiseship cabin.  Wife and I have always booked inside cabins - even for long cruises - but we will not be doing that anymore!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

The weather is forecast to deteriorate overnight and into tomorrow morning.

I do believe the pilot is now aboard, and they are heading for Moreton Bay.

I dis hear last night that boarding was put back much later than their delayed arrival would suggest.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

I understand your sentiment completely!!! - BUT, I also understand that if I get this damned virus sometime, I only have to isolate at home for a week or so - I would not like to have to do this inside a cruiseship cabin.  Wife and I have always booked inside cabins - even for long cruises - but we will not be doing that anymore!!!

I always book a balcony cabin as I enjoy sitting outside and looking out to sea. I often have my breakfast on the balcony so I hope to do that on this voyage too. For me it’s worth the extra money even though I have to pay double! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, bazzaw said:

We’ve always booked inferior, I mean interior, cabins but if it’s only a couple of hundred more we’ll go oceanview as we do like having natural light; waking up and knowing that it’s tomorrow and not still the middle of the night.

I did surprise DW with a junior suite for her 40th birthday. And when we did B2B on Carnival the price was so cheap that we went balcony. but we’ve always said that we’d prefer to sail twice a year with an inside cabin than only once a year with a balcony. JMHO

We are making up for lost time and have 4 cruises booked for this year (our "Mad" Trip) and another for February. Pricing structures seem to have changed, or maybe I’ve just struck good sales, as we’ve booked balcony cabins for all of these. 
idid mention to DW my concern that we may be turning into "balcony people". 🤣🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bazzaw said:

Not sure you get a choice of which type of cabin they quarantine you in, some have been balconies, others have been oceanviews, either way, it was not the cabin they booked in most cases.

7 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Not sure you get a choice of which type of cabin they quarantine you in, some have been balconies, others have been oceanviews, either way, it was not the cabin they booked in most cases.

The numbers on Coral and Explorer lately have required at least some of the passengers to quarantine in their own cabins, but not a given that would happen. Seeing they are crediting you for the days in isolation, I guess they can put you wherever they, even if it is a lower grade than the one you were sailing in.

10 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Does anyone know what time current passengers on Coral Princess are scheduled to disembark and what time new passengers are scheduled to embark?  It is blowing a gale at the Gold Coast.

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Does anyone know what time current passengers on Coral Princess are scheduled to disembark and what time new passengers are scheduled to embark?  It is blowing a gale at the Gold Coast.

Was supposed to be disembark after midday, and boarding from 6pm. That was the plan until the past hour, when Coral turned out to sea.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Although Princess had as part of their protocols that passengers who test positive would be moved to quarantine cabins in a variety of categories, it seems that they have been kept in their own cabins. On the Coral, someone said that deck 5 was cordoned off, indicating it was for quarantine purposes. I wonder if it was used for crew quarantine. With two crew in a cabin, if one is positive and the other negative, it makes sense to move the positive case to another cabin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

No embarkation until tomorrow,  no disembarkation until tomorrow. Port of Brisvegas is closed.

From pax on board.

Edited by NSWP